+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Which team will use the "yield" first?

Captain of the World
    The yield can only be used once during a leg of the race.

A team can only use it once during the entire race.

However a team can be "yielded" several times throughout the race.

It would be kind of funny if the same team were "yielded" every leg.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCool
    I'm not big on the Yield, the AMazing Race doesn't need any twists!!

TAR is great the way it is!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Leo
    Premium Member
    The more I think about it the more I don't like this whole yield idea. In the past, alliances haven't mattered significantly. Sure, it could help a team jump a line, but if they screw up a task, all the alliances in the world won't help them.

With the yield, though, it could be quite possible that alliances will come into play. Let's say an alliance is formed that's aimed at one team, like the anti-twins alliance early on in TAR 3. As it turned out, the alliance didn't matter and the twins went on to place fourth.

Now, imagine if there had been a yield then. It could conceivably have eliminated them early on, thus changing how the whole show would have turned out. (Imagine how bad Flo would have been without her boy toy.)

What I'm trying to say is the yield represents a significant change in TAR ground rules: up to know, it hasn't really mattered how you dealt with other teams. Now, with the yield, you do have to care what others think of you, otherwise you could be yielded leg after leg, or even perhaps cause a direct Philimination if a team can be yielded more than once in a given leg.

Who could conceivably use the yield first? Most of these teams could be the one. The only ones I don't think it would be are Linda/Karen and Bob/Joyce. Top three most likely to use it first, IMHO:

1. Allison/Donny
    2. Charla/Mirna
    3. Marshall/Lance

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    ... It would be kind of funny if the same team were "yielded" every leg.
    And that team isn't eliminated because of this

The yield I really can't see help teams dead last give them an advantage It's more like creating drama but I guess it would be fun to watch

I can see Alison and Donny getting it used on them a lot. Watching Alison get pissed off about it would be pretty funny too.

FORT Fogey
    Does anyone know the length of time that a team will have to yield? 1 hour? 10 minutes? Will it change from one week to the next? Unless the time is fairly long or placed (and used) very strategically, I don't think it will have much effect on the game at all.

Captain of the World
    My understanding is that each leg the yield is for a different pre-determined amount of time. Some legs the yield will be longer than other legs.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Does anyone know the length of time that a team will have to yield? 1 hour? 10 minutes? Will it change from one week to the next? Unless the time is fairly long or placed (and used) very strategically, I don't think it will have much effect on the game at all.
    The description during last week's episode showed an hour glass and said that a yielded team must stop, turn the hour glass over, and wait for the sand to finish falling.

Now, it didn't look like an hour's worth of sand in the glass -- only about ten minutes. And, of course, they could use a different-sized hour glass on each leg.

I just don't like the yield idea at all.
    -- Flash

I haven't been in this thread in a few days, because the more I think if the Yield the more I really don't like it.

Leo, you made some valid points

lalol, you made the point about it causing drama. I fear you are right, and that's why it was included in this race. I don't think the race needs drama created by anything other than the race.

I must say though that the thought of the last team in on a NEL getting their money taken away makes me smile.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread