+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Which team will use the "yield" first?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well I would think the best strategy with the yield would be to not use it until the last possible option of using it. If you use it earlier, you'll just PO at least the team you yield, and maybe annoy some of the other teams as well.

And then you have at least 1 team (if they are not eliminated), gunning for you when they have the chance at a yield.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Since the Yield hasn't been talked about since the first episode, I think its sudden prominent reappearance in this last episode was done to reintroduce viewers to the concept and to prepare us for its eventual use.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a team use it next week, especially now that 3 of the 4 non-elimination legs are out of the way.

in a small small world made of green and blue :)
    so they actually have to step on the mat there and announce if they're gonna use it or not?! it sounds really weird to me and pretty useless.....
    `~`~ When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world would know PEACE.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    I think the yield is on every leg they've just not shown it because the teams decide not to use it. I remember earlier in the game (I think when they were in Russia) someone mentioned they saw the yield on the ship, but it wasn't discussed because no one used it. I'm wondering if it is going to be used in the next leg so they decided to remind the viewers about it this week.
    That's what I thought too but on the website, they said the yields were not found on like 5 legs and there was no yield on 1 leg. Well, this yield was pretty impossible to miss hehe
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I bet they featured all the teams at the yield point this leg to alert viewers that there still is a yield on every leg in the race, just that the teams do not choose to use it just yet. WHch makes sense if i were them...coz I would use it only in the last leg if possible..

my guess is the yield will be used in the next leg and CBS showed it thins leg so views who are not computer junkies will not be completley caught off guard when they see a team use it
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

maybe they moved it to remind the racers too.. lol.. loook... I do exsist... no really, I do show up occasionally, USE ME !!! oh yea, like that baby, use me ! ...... err.. wait... nevermind

Objective #1; Make sure any team but us is eliminated.
    Objective #2: Make sure that team is a strong competitor.

I think it would be neat if Colin and Christie fall a little behind and another team took advantage of it and gave them the Yield. Colin would go ballistic! It could be his downfall. Chip might take the opportunity to help him self-destruct.

They've finished 1 or 2 in the last 7 legs. They're clearly the strongest team and their elimination would open up the race quite a bit.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Ok, the website on Cbs is wierd. It said that only Colin and Christie and Chip and Kim found the yield but didn't use it. Brandon and Nicole and Linda and Karen found it too -_-
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    Ok, the website on Cbs is wierd. It said that only Colin and Christie and Chip and Kim found the yield but didn't use it. Brandon and Nicole and Linda and Karen found it too -_-
    Every team found it, even if they didn't show the twins. Every team has found the Yield on EVERY leg. They have to make it so that every team can find it, because if they don't, a team might not know when they are yielded. They just chose to edit it out.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

+ Reply to Thread