+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this legit?

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    I'm thinking he takes screencaps of the finale to pass off as his photos. [/cynical]
    I was thinking the exact same thing!

FORT Newbie
    I followed Hasbroucks coverage of the Amazing Race for the last few seasons. He's a respected writer who doesn't hide behind an alias. If you read the page carefully, it's him that says he's seen pictures of the final three teams and will release them after the show (not the guy who took them).

K

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Going back to the thing about tripping Alison (or another racer)- wouldn't the camera men intervene and make sure that no one is able to sabatoge the racers? I know they often interact with the locals in finding directions and stuff, but do they keep an eye on the contestants to make sure no one gets too close?

Jay
    Maybe security would be hovering in the background to make sure no one got hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Going back to the thing about tripping Alison (or another racer)- wouldn't the camera men intervene and make sure that no one is able to sabatoge the racers? I know they often interact with the locals in finding directions and stuff, but do they keep an eye on the contestants to make sure no one gets too close?
    Remember when the local police detained Andre and Damon in TAR3 in Morocco?! They seemed pretty deep into 'harassing' the guys before we knew the crew stepped in!
    Also the 2 female teams getting harassed sexually on the train in India was a time that they didn't get help.

I was thinking last night that they must have a 'guard' at each clue box, and now at the Yield box, or someone would come along and mess with it; wouldn't that be rich, to get there and the box be empty?!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

I was wondering if someone ever tried to slip extra clues out of the box so there wouldn't be enough ... ??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    I was wondering if someone ever tried to slip extra clues out of the box so there wouldn't be enough ... ??
    I don't know if anyone's ever tried it, but that could be against the rules. There may be some things you can do to hold up another team (like in TAR2 when they held up the plane in NZ because Blake/Paige took their bags on) but I think slipping extra clues out of the box would be the same as tampering with a team's car or something along those lines. If Dave's still lurking around, maybe he can tell us.

I forgot that happened to Andre/Damon, and Tian/Jaree (things you forget in a year. Guess it's about time to dust my old tapes off and start watching them again.) But that's different than a local reaching out and tripping someone as they go by, or having any physical contact. I'm not sure what they could have done differently for the girls on the train in India to avoid that.
    In Andre/Damon's situation, I think it was too complicated for the crew to just go up and say "hey, there in a race on a t.v. show." Didn't they have to call someone or something to get out of wherever that cab driver had taken them?
    Last edited by karalott; 07-08-2004 at 07:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12