+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: People new to this show

People new to this show

Hi, I am curious about any thoughts you might have on this show and how you came across it. Was it recommended to you by someone? Did the fact it won an emmy play a part in your wanting to watch the show? What are the things you like about it, and what are the things you dislike about it? Will you continue to watch the show and will you recommend it to others?

I am not asking for people to answer those questions in a list or anything, I am just wondering about your overall impression.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Glad to see you again Zaius!

I'm curious about this as well. Maybe the information here will help CBS with their promotion of this and the next season.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Well.... My last TAR was TAR1, mostly because the timeslot has been terrible for me in the past. I happen to have this week off from work, so I was able to stay up later and watch it. The fact that I am an hour ahead of EST makes the show end quite a bit later here, but I decided to try TAR out again, as I really enjoyed it in its first season. I will try to stay up from now on to watch it, cause it was soooooooo good

I caught about 2 episodes of TAR4...combined with everyone at FORT raving about it I decided to make a dedicated effort to watching 5. It's so frantic. I have to watch it squeezing a pillow.

FORT Regular
    I caught one episode of the show during the last season by accident and enjoyed it for the most part, but I was enough bothered by eating live octopi that it didn't make my list of something to seek out again.

I had two reasons for being turned off by by that stunt. Octopi are approximately as smart as dogs, and I'm uncomfortable with seeing creatures that intelligent killed for entertainment value. (Eat squid instead, they're stupid.) I also just don't like "gross out" stunts. I dislike fear factor, and I've never gotten hooked on Survivor for that reason.

Since that aired months ago, I've read more about TAR here on FORT which made the show seem more appealing. I also found out one of my sisters is a big fan (she even applied to be on the show, and I'm now sorry she didn't make it.) So, I decided to give it another try, and I enjoyed last night's episode. I'll definitely watch again.

I caught bits and piece of the first 3 seasons, but nothing that made me tune in and seek it out. I also don't think I was watching much TV at the time - nowhere near what I watch now.

Basically, all the raving at the FORT made me tune in last season to see what I was missing and from the first episode, I was hooked.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I have watched every episodes since season one.

I LOVE IT. I have never watched this before but after everyone at work was talking about it, I thought what the heck!! Was I pleasantly surprised! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I couldn't wait to tell everyone about it. I'm so excited. There are so many great teams to root for so far. Except of course Allison & Donny (They have to go!!!). I can't wait for next week.

I watched TARs sporadically. I really liked them, but I couldn't watch them regularly. The rave reviews on FORT are the reason I am making every effort to watch this summer.

First time viewing because of FORT posters
    I love this show and will recommend it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast