+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People new to this show

No fear, Poppy's here Poptarticus's Avatar

I am an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1
    I caught about 2 episodes of TAR4...combined with everyone at FORT raving about it I decided to make a dedicated effort to watching 5. It's so frantic. I have to watch it squeezing a pillow.
    I am an idiot for not watching this show before! I decided to give it a try based on a few people that I have high praise for on this site giving this show high praise.

I too was squeezing a pillow! In addition to yelling at the tv and jumping around the room, all the while wishing that I was able to see the other seasons.

I recall it used to be in a horrible timeslot on weekends or something and thus my only seeing bits of it before last night.

Letter from Poppy...

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Glad to see you again Zaius!

I'm curious about this as well. Maybe the information here will help CBS with their promotion of this and the next season.

Dear CBS,

You have won over many new viewers thanks to the word of mouth and high praise for TAR from the folks at FORT.

Give the mods new computers, or give us all some freebies for doing a better job at promoting your product than you have done. According to my co-worker, playing up that Alison from BB was on the show is what lost you viewers. Next time, leave the promotional aspects to those at the FORT that actually draw viewers in, rather than chase them away.

Love,

Poppy

Jay
    I've been watching since about halfway into season 1. I love the fast pace and the exotic locales.

I recommend anyone that likes TAR to watch the very first season. The last 10 minutes of that season are by far the best TV I've ever seen.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Jay
    Agreed, Zaius. The ending was incredibly dramatic. Fortunately I still have the last episode on tape.

Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only newbie jumping on the TAR bandwagon this season. Remember, if I ask a stupid question, it's because I'm new .

And yes I did check it out because everyone here seems to love it. So far I think it's pretty good

I too am a TAR newbie but based on the raves in poster's signatures on the Survivor board, I finally stopped on CBS last night while surfing. I'm so glad I did. I only watched the last 45 minutes and now I can't wait until the next episode. Is season 1 out on DVD?

Jay
    Unfortunately not.

Hello we meet again...

Quote Originally Posted by whirledPeas
    I too am a TAR newbie but based on the raves in poster's signatures on the Survivor board, I finally stopped on CBS last night while surfing. I'm so glad I did. I only watched the last 45 minutes and now I can't wait until the next episode. Is season 1 out on DVD?
    Good to see a familiar face in these parts!

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I watched all of last season because people kept talking about it, and I loved it so much I just had to watch this season.

It's truly nail-biting, pillow-hugging entertainment. It's become my favorite reality show. I was so eager for Reichen and Chip to win last season!
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast