+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

They need a team like Ken and Gerard from Amazing Race 3, those guys were fun too watch.

Jay
    I would like to see Jim/Marsha (military dad and daughter) win but I think ultimately it will be between Alison/Donny and Colin/Christie. I'm waiting for the episode where one team uses the Yield on Alison/Donny and Alison goes ballistic on the Yield sign.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by RacheL
    Phew! So much to catch up on in the forum.. considering i'm in a part of the world where the broadcast of amazing race is much later than in the US.. by then so much have already been posted about the race.. anyway, i was just wondering about this at the point where Chip & Kim arrived at the pit only to be told by Phil they don't have the route marker and needed to go back and get it, how does Phil know beforehand about them missing out on the clue? sorry if this might sound like a silly question (if someone has explained about this before).. does the cameraman inform Phil about it? but it can't be.. he'll be too busy running about with the team filming them.. or is it the production people who are all around the place, observing the teams doing their tasks, then informing Phil or someone in charge about a team's wrongdoing? this is puzzling me.. wonder if anyone can enlighten me on this..
    so much to catch up on, would be nice if the first 23 posts weren't about how soon till the show starts, first page was a waiste!!!!

as for the rule infraction, I'm sure they have someone with a radio standing by to monitor the race and check just for such things. like walking to the next stop and not taking a taxi like happenind in the last TAR. they radio ahead and then they give the sorry news.

I just watched my recording of the show- it does show that guy helping the cousins w/the meat- he's carrying w/ Charla. BTW- Dennis reminded me of David Duchovny.
    Carey

No fear, Poppy's here Poptarticus's Avatar

A few thoughts...

Last night was my first time watching this all the way through (I am hating this fact after seeing how great this show is).

I initially was rooting for the dad and daughter, but then at some point I began disliking them. The guy from the airport that recommended they go to the medic unit was probably wise to send them there, but he could have been easily fooled instead of risking missing the plane. I have had a number of gashes such as the one the dad had, and fashioned a butterfly bandage out of some standard Band-Aids that could have been found at any airline counter. Additionally, purchasing a small first aid kit (or packing one if it was allowed) would have come in handy for the duration of the trip. Then simply change your pants and voila, "why, yes mister airport medical man, I have had my wound treated!, Now daughter what gate was that we needed?" In fact, my self-made butterfly bandages healed faster and left smaller scars than the few instances where I needed stitches. Why would someone from the military not know this? Field dressing wounds is often standard training.

By the end of the episode I was hoping the military dad and his daughter would come in last, only because at some point she just seemed to be rather hateful and clueless.

If it were me and I already had my tickets pulled, or booked for a flight or what not, I would try to bring Charla and Mirna, the bowling moms, and the pizza guys along for the ride. That way if the next task was something physical it would better my chances of giving me a lead rather than having to compete against the younger, fitter couples. This would hold especially true if my partner was oh, say an older injured man nursing some fresh stitches?

At this stage of the race, once I pulled an early ferry ticket, I would make sure to help all those I deem to be less of a threat in order to make sure they were had tickets on my boat too. No way would I wait and let those tickets be discovered by Donny and Alison and the like.

Also, all seasoned travelers know the airlines all use the same system and can see one another's flights, why more teams did not ask about the layovers and arrival times is beyond me.

It seems these people often lost more time rushing about frantically rather than realizing, like life, there must be a balance between analysis and action. I don't know much about Ali from BB, but at least she realized at some point that understanding the clues is as important as acting upon them.

As for the pizza brothers, complaining about being uncomfortable while participating in a competition such as this makes no sense at all. Don't worry bub, you will sleep well once you are at the losers lodge, until then tough it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Poptarticus
    If it were me and I already had my tickets pulled, or booked for a flight or what not, I would try to bring Charla and Mirna, the bowling moms, and the pizza guys along for the ride. That way if the next task was something physical it would better my chances of giving me a lead rather than having to compete against the younger, fitter couples. This would hold especially true if my partner was oh, say an older injured man nursing some fresh stitches?

At this stage of the race, once I pulled an early ferry ticket, I would make sure to help all those I deem to be less of a threat in order to make sure they were had tickets on my boat too. No way would I wait and let those tickets be discovered by Donny and Alison and the like.
    Excellent logic!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    so much to catch up on, would be nice if the first 23 posts weren't about how soon till the show starts, first page was a waiste!!!!

Those first posts are so short and fast, they take all of 20 seconds to read through.
    Of course, if you're going to count them all while you're reading them (23)that may take a wee bit longer.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Excellent logic!

If you're ever looking for a race partner, Poppy...

LA Model, Part-time Actor
    wow, great season start. I've been reading the threads in this site and I've finally decided to join. This was a great start, I'm predicting a lot of drama from this season. I just posted a long post at the RW/RR BotS2 so I don't have a lot of time left, I'll post later though. Here's my favs anyways:

1] The Cancer Team - I've always rooted for the underdogs in this show and although their old I see them making it pretty far, not winning though of course

2] The Jesus Team - I'm a model myself somewhat religious (not going all crazy though) and thats why I was drawn to this team. I've read all the previous pages and BAD things have been said about this team but w/e. I see them making it to the finals.

No fear, Poppy's here Poptarticus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by touque

If you're ever looking for a race partner, Poppy...
    I will put you at the top of my list..when you want to sign up? It is only a matter of time before someone from the FORT is tagged and sought ought for one of these shows. Especially now that John is receiving regular press info and our posts are being quoted as sources.

The first year Survivor came out a bunch of co-workers were discussing the show at lunch, the lot of them decided they could definitely see me on a show like that. I was also at the top of their "lifeline" lists for Who wants to be a Millionaire. Nice praise on both accounts, but I have never done much to make it reality, as I am fairly low key

+ Reply to Thread