+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speculation Topic (no spoilers)

Speculation Topic (no spoilers)

I suppose there's lots we could speculate on... but to start, in the pre-race interview clips on CBS.com Erika the naked Skydiver and Dennis, the naked-Sykdiver watcher, mention that they planned to come on the show with a strategy to be the mean, manipulative ones but due to "the rule changes" they are rethinking their approach.

What could they possibly mean?

Assuming you have hard info, I'd hope a spoiler tag or two could be used. Otherwise, I think it would be fun just to speculate.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I agree, I'm avoiding spoilers like the PLAGUE they are, so anyhoo...

I have to think about this more. I don't have a clue what that means.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

If being "nice" is a factor (or appearing so) I wonder if voting holds any role at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    If being "nice" is a factor (or appearing so) I wonder if voting holds any role at any time.
    I sure hope not!! One of my reasons for liking TAR is that there isn't any voting.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I sure hope not!! One of my reasons for liking TAR is that there isn't any voting.
    Thats why I like it too. Its not so much strategy with other teams as it is pure hard work. If they brought in voting it would suck. I think they said they changed their strategy because a team can chose to hold them back because they don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Thats why I like it too. Its not so much strategy with other teams as it is pure hard work. If they brought in voting it would suck. I think they said they changed their strategy because a team can chose to hold them back because they don't like them.
    It supposedly can be used once like a fast forward.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Dennis says, exactly, "The rules changed on us a little bit when we got here".

Now I admit that could mean a number of things. It may not literally be a rules change. Then again, I'd wonder why CBS put up that clip to possibly confuse people if Dennis was being metaphorical somehow--referring to their pre-race "assumptions" as "rules".

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    See that is so far from the spirit of TAR it never even occurred to me they could add a voting element. Ugh, I hope not.

I did wonder if making alliances would turn out to be more important in this game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I did wonder if making alliances would turn out to be more important in this game, though.
    Yes, but assuming we AREN'T making too much of this guy's comment, how could that be, in a practical sense I mean?

I mean, the "classic" alliance backstabs are things like... someone gave someone else bad information, someone didn't wait for someone else, someone choose another alliance to share transportation. So is this guy just concerned because he didn't think of this, or is there really a rule change? And if so... how is it giving those alliances MORE importance?

Hmmmm, I have heard about one new rule, and I can't figure out where I heard about it, but it's not on the CBS website so I guess it must be a spoiler. I didn't really get any details of how it would work, but it would fit in with not wanting to be universally hated.

I don't want to spoil anyone, so I'll be ducking out of the thread now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast