+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Bruckheimer to Discuss TAR on the Late Late Show

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar

Jerry Bruckheimer to Discuss TAR on the Late Late Show

On the CBS.com Late Late show website, under Thursday, June 24th, it lists

Jerry Bruckheimer (The Amazing Race)

So I'm thinking that means that he will be discussing some Amazing Race 5 information tonight.

URL: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/guest/
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 06-24-2004 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling and adding URL

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I can't stand the show, but if it's about TAR, I may be forced to watch... Or read about it if somebody chooses to transcribe what is said.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

FORT Fan
    Hmm... I usually go to bed at 12:30... but tonight I guess I gotta stay up a little later!

Bruck has got so many other irons in the fire, the only reason I'd say it's likely is because of the CBS connection.

So he may spend a short time on it, and then discuss his 9000 other projects.

Plus he's the 2nd guest. He gets less time, right?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

TAR is likely the only one of the 9000 projects tat debuts in less than 2 weeks. (LESS THAN TO WEEKS!!!! WOW!) The purpose of his booking may be to promote TAR.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Jerry Bruckheimer. My idol and hero (at least when it comes to television shows. I'm not that hip on his movies necessarily, but the man is a serious genius in the television genre)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

As predicted, Brukie no speakie about TAR.

I hate being right. Not a word. Not even a mention in the intro. 3 or 4 of the other 8999 projects won out.

It wasn't a reapeat either. "King Arthur" was mentioned quite a bit. Hard to argue that's his expected cash cow this summer...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    But there was an awesome new TAR commercial towards the late end of Letterman...so i don't think its a completely lost cause...

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I almost stayed up to watch Jerry, but I'm glad I didn't. Phil usually makes the talk show rounds, though. When the show gets a little closer to premiering, of course.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Kilborn talked about how Bruckheimer was ranked #1 on Entertainment Weekly's 2003 Power List (issued last October). TAR has always been on the bubble as far as its getting on the air. I can't help thinking that having Jerry Bruckheimer as its executive producer was a major factor in CBS's decision to renew it. (i/e/ CBS wants to keep the executive producer of the CSI trilogy happy.)

But there was an awesome new TAR commercial towards the late end of Letterman...
    That commercial included a lot of clips from previous series, including the awesome shot of Kevin and Drew running across the footbridge in front ot Victoria Falls. I distinctly remember this image from the first promo I saw before TAR 1 premiered. That image got me hooked and I haven't missed an episode since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast