+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CBS Has Pre-Race Videos of All Teams

CBS Has Pre-Race Videos of All Teams

At http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/ they now appear to have all the pre-race video interviews with each of the teams. Additionally they have a nice pre-race presentation from Phil.

The tapes were a welcome suprise for today.

I must admit when the teams were announced I was a little disappointed at first and thought maybe this season might be a letdown compared to others. However, after watching all the tapes I think that these 11 teams will make for a enjoyable season on the Amazing Race.

Since the tapes are under a section called the "Amazing Race Insider" I hope CBS follows the lead of Survivor and gives us some good behind the scene stuff each week.

Bring on the Race! ......
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

I get an error when I try to view them. FORBIDDEN - Error 403
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I get an error when I try to view them. FORBIDDEN - Error 403
    Same here!

Random comments about the Peanut Gallery Videos:

Shut Up Allison. All she's saying is "now he will understand", like she can't resist pointing a finger back at him. "It's all your fault I was such a @%& Donny!" Donny, laddie, just shake your head.

Bob and Joyce seem well matched, if doomed like all older competitors. But stop with the "nice" comments. Show it, or lose it, don't jaw about it.

Brandon looks like a mop. The Lord would still accept you with a good hair cut.

Charla & Mirna: Yes, you ARE too alike for cousins. And don't describe yourself as a "cutie-pies" and yet get angry at the same time about it.

Chip and Kim still left no real impression.

Colin bugs. He's EXTREME dude, and wants to make sure we know. Christie looks like she could bug eventually. I wonder if Christie knows, when she talks about pageant girl "assumptions" that she's dealing with two other former pageant girls in this lame group.

Okay, Erika is the naked Skydiver, right? This is the first I'm hearing that they are dating again. Despite some of the crap they talked, and her flaky history, I don't hate them yet. And what are these rule changes they are mentioning? This may deserve it's own topic later.

Why does Marsha care if people in the race "know" she's a law school grad? I don't get it. But I like these two in general. Dad seems less bossy than I might have guessed from the printed interview, but there's still an element there. (And Marsha confirms they are both... err... stubborn)

The Twinsies, K & K... a bit less irritating than I'd assumed, at least up to the lame "work ethic" speech.

The Bowling Moms are a bit too perky. I wonder if these so-called "rule changes" favor perky?

Pizza Boyz: A bit too intentionally quirky, I think. I have to see more.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-24-2004 at 06:54 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

my computer isnt working, it wont let me click the link for any of of the videos or the poll.....could someone send me the link for the pre race video??? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingRaceMan
    my computer isnt working, it wont let me click the link for any of of the videos or the poll.....could someone send me the link for the pre race video??? thanks
    Me too.

I turned ad blocking off on my Norton Internet Security and the polls worked. I still couldn't get the videos to work off the TAR 5 page, but they did work when I used the link off the main CBS page.

I was careful not to visit any other web sites and turned ad blocking back on when I was through.

For those having problems with IE, you could download Mozilla or Firefox browser, and install the Flash plugin (at the Macromedia website--it's probably needed for at least part of the CBS website). Real Player should be automatically recognized I think if it's already installed.

Side benefit: no more Active-X controls infecting your PC with Spyware, and far less popups.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread