+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TAR5 Map of 12 Pit Stops - ***SPOILERS***

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    WOW, I'm Canadiana nd that would be so cool, though too bad they aren't in Toronto, that seems like a city in Canada that they would visit. But didn't they visit Calgary and not Vancouver?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    UAE should be the interesting leg (it's an Arabic country, go figure) looks like AR has some guts to put contestants in dangerous territory like that and the Phillipines.

Which brings up an idea. Wouldnt it be cool if we got to pick the countries the AR should visit next? Teehee although I cant of any place that hasnt been visited
    How about Iceland and Greenland?? JDR

just thought i'd put my 2 cents in, when they showed the TAR insider commercial it showed Mirna and Charla playing as hockey goalkeepers, now there have been speculations that TAR might have stopped by Canada this season...what better place to play hockey as a detour (since both of them were doing the task) than Canada? The country that invented the sports itself! Then again it could have been a detour in Russia which is a country that excels in that sports.
    Last edited by Quinito; 07-21-2004 at 03:43 AM.
    Kick some ass...get some later...

OMG NO WAY?? Where was the TAR insider. That sounds very Canadian to make a task to do with hockey since it is our national sport. Are you sure you saw this and with Charla and Mirna because if you did this will make me so happy in so many ways

Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    OMG NO WAY?? Where was the TAR insider. That sounds very Canadian to make a task to do with hockey since it is our national sport. Are you sure you saw this and with Charla and Mirna because if you did this will make me so happy in so many ways
    Yes i am very positive, i saw it when CBS was letting people know about the TAR insider, it wasnt a TAR insider episode itself.
    Kick some ass...get some later...

Sorry to disappoint the Canadians, but the new Insider preview for the next episode clearly states that Charla & Mirna are facing off against Russian hockey players.

Awww I was afraid about that, actually I was gonna write in my post but I forgot that since Russia is the next leg, Russia is also very into hockey and it could possibly be that but I was too excited when I saw it. Then before I wrote it I remembered the previews and there was no ice.

FORT Newbie
    There is a company in Vancouver that organizes "amazing races" for corporations for team building. The sightings may have come from this. Check out the site: http://www.canadianoutback.com/amazingrace.htm

Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul
    I can confirm this. About a month ago my good friend went to Whistler for a wedding. While in Vancouver (I think he said in the Airport, but only 98% sure... maybe while he was driving through downtown?) he spotted two TAR5 couples running hurriedly. I asked "How do you know they weren't just late for a flight?".. and he said they had TAR gear (he watches the show) and he saw a camera or two. One of the camera guys had his camera sort of concealed, which I thought was interesting.

I don't know... maybe there's a stop near Vancouver, BC... or maybe they were just travelling through the airport on their way to the next point.

Can't wait to watch in July. TAR is one of the better 'reality' shows out there ... IMHO.

They totally stole the name from TAR!!! They better go to some place in Canada because I was gettin my hopes up, though I'd rather it be in Toronto than Vancouver even if it's not gonna happen

FORT Newbie

Toronto is not the only city in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    WOW, I'm Canadiana nd that would be so cool, though too bad they aren't in Toronto, that seems like a city in Canada that they would visit. But didn't they visit Calgary and not Vancouver?
    We are all sorry that TAR did not visit Toronto (refered to as the center of the universe here in Canada) LOL.

If you note most of the location are not in major centers. This makes it more exciting. It would be so boring if every race was New York, Paris, London, Madrid, Moscow, Tokyo, Sydey, etc... very predictable.

I was in Mexico last year and I had a tourist from Toronto ask me if Calgary was in Alberta? Now I could expect someone from anywhere else but Canada to not know that Calgary (just under one million people) was located in the province of Alberta but come on!!

Back to the real topic... the rumors here in Calgary are that teams were spotted here at the airport, in Banff and Sunshine Village (one of the best ski hills in the world).I can't find the reference to Sunshine again but it makes sense because it's on the way out to Banff. Do a quick Google for 'amzing race calgary' and you will find a few hits.

The only thing I can't figure out is if indeed the pit stop is in Banff will they have the stereotypical Indian with head dress or Mountie with the red serge (jacket) greeting the contestants? lol

Jasper

+ Reply to Thread