+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: celebrity TAR

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree, Jill. I find all celebrity shows a total turnoff.

and that "pre-existing relationship" clause is a pain!
    I did not realize there was a pre-existing relationship clause.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

JR.
    A celebrity show would suck, because they are usually dumbed down versions. I doubt they'd take it very seriously, they would probably spend most of the time playing to the cameras.

The only celebrity show I liked was Fear Factor, because the producers didn't really take it easy on them.

FORT Fanatic
    JR brings up an interesting point - I suppose it is somewhat entertaining to see celebrities in situations that require them to perform actual tasks so we can see what they are made of. I did like the celebrity Millionaire show with the WWF wrestlers. I appreciated that they were playing for charity while acting out their WWF characters(I thought it was funny when they ganged up on the Big Show). Although it does annoy me that celebrities can't just GIVE to charity, they have to get some sort of appearance out of it. Hell, if they pooled one year's salary from each of them, they could buy the whole rain forest, or build a million Habitat for Humanity houses, etc.

They keep saying on the show that the partners have a pre-existing relationship. I've checked out TAR's application form. It's full of questions like "what is the greatest disappointment you have experienced at the hands of your partner" and things like that. Based on those questions, I think they select teams who have an interesting relationship history. After all, it's not that fascinating to tell the viewers about "partners Jill and Tom, who met while running around at the TAR audition frantically looking for a partner." On second thought, maybe that would be pretty cool - to have to travel around the world with a partner you barely know. Amazing Race with random teams! I think I would have paid to see Flo and Ian as a team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234