+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: celebrity TAR

I watched a few eps of Canonballrun....Pretty funny stuff.
    Tar could work like that a team of two friends/relatives etc and a person thrown in for good measure that neither of them know!
    I'd be the odd one
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I didn't get to see Canonball Run.
    Shame really as I liked Jeff Varner and would have liked to see him again.
    "That's Numberwang!"

a 3 person team can work out if the teams aer not allowed to take cabs...
    they can take the local trains or buses...
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

LG.
    or rent mini vans
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I hadn't really thought about having more than two team mates, but it could be an interesting twist.
    I think the taxi situation would be the drawback though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

What if the third person is a celebrity in disguise? Preferably a celebrity that neither of the other two teamates likes or celebrities from other countries(like that celeb that had the next clue at the apartment building). The show is great as it is, but stirring it up is fun too!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Instead of celebrities Bring back winners of Previous ARs plus the more popular racers

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, No celebrities!!!!
    I hate it when they spoil a good show by putting celebs on it!

The idea of some of the old teams is cool though, like Kevin and Drew, Oswald and Danny, Nancy and Emily.....

BTW, speaking of Cannonball Run, does anyone remember The Gumball Rally? Same concept but before CR, and better imo.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Interactions between the team members have been interesting, especially when they are bickering/fighting. However, that is not the main reason I like The Amazing Race. I most like being able to travel the world vicariously (and hopefully for real as a contestant or on my own). Instead of interactions between the team members (which they can film in a closed studio room in Los Angelas), the show should concentrate on its strength: interactions between the contestants and the local landmarks, culture and people. E.g. Participating in the running of the bulls in Spain; Climbing/repelling the Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall, and/or the Pyramid; Buying/selling/playing and maybe dating with local people.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

FORT Fanatic
    Personally I would like 1 person teams, because I'm really dying to apply for TAR but have no partner....and that "pre-existing relationship" clause is a pain!

Seriously, I hate the idea of celebrity TAR. I do not like watching celebrities do anything other than what we pay them to do; which is be on movies/television pretending to be someone else. They already have way too much money and get to do way too much traveling; and TAR is ordinary people's chance to travel around the world when they may otherwise not have another opportunity. I like the "Joe Citizen" aspect of TAR, and would be heartbroken if it was cheapened by allowing celebrities to participate. Unless of course, one of them wanted to take me along as his/her partner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast