+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAR5 in Australia?

TAR5 in Australia?

Hey everyone,

Is there anyone from Australia who knows when we'll be getting TAR5?

Cheers!
    "You get what anyone gets - you get a lifetime."

FORT Fan
    I'm not from Australia, but I know they just reaired the whole of Amazing Race 1 on 7 there... I'd say keep your eye out for it next month on 7.

EDIT: Then again, I may be wrong about that, might not be on for another couple months. I did a Google search over Australia and TAR4 didn't air until August... but if I hear about TAR5 there I'll let you know.
    Last edited by SonicAD; 06-13-2004 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks Sonic

Australia's a bit slow with the reality shows sometimes and for the past few seasons, TAR's only aired a few months after it's been aired in the U.S.A. I'm hoping this season will be different - after all, if they can show the idol show a few days after, why not TAR? Which, in my opinion, is a much better show

Anyway, thanks once again. Cheers!

I'm thinking it will be delayed since Ch 7 is also the Olympics channel. Hoping it will come on soon. Kudos though for repeating TAR 1 - Thats a first for any reality show in Oz.
    I rather lurk than post.

I completely forgot about the Olympics.
    Last edited by John; 06-14-2004 at 07:26 AM.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    The Summer of 2002- Amazing Race 2 repeated in June/July.
    I think they start airing right after the offical race is over... obviously it has to be due to $$$.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Anyone got any updates as to when / if we are getting TAR 5?

I am resigned to it being after the Olympics now if it's still on 7 as they will be on during TAR's special timeslot of 11.30pm.

Fort Member
    We usually get it just as it finishes in the US but I am unsure if Channel Seven will this time due to the Olympics. According to another forum a person rang channel seven and was told that they currently do not have the rights to TAR5 and that they had no dates as yet for it but it most likely would be in November. So it looks like we will have to be happy with repeats on a Sunday afternoon until then.
    They really annoy me with this, TAR4 was started here just as it finised in the US but they put it on so late at night and change the day without telling anyone. Its just plain annoying. Chances are they will play it here in November at 11:30 or later and forget to tell anyone that its on wonder why it wont rate at all then take it off. Yet they persist with other trash. Its like channel nine they had the Apprentice on at 9:30 so we all got hooked and now have pushed it back to 10:30 after Stingers which is really not even close to being good. Thats my whinge for the day.

Don't the network tv channels just piss ya off sometimes?

It's really annoying when:

1) They advertise "all-new" season, broadcast one or two new episodes, then proceed to show old ones again

2) Change timings of shows without warning (channel 7 is especially guilty of this)

3) Suddenly stop showing certain shows

Anyone else wanna vent?

I could go on and on about how Ch 9 and 7 are totally screwing up their shows and ticking off viewers but this isn't the appropriate thread.

I'm fairly confident that Ch 7 will pick up the rights for TAR 5 as there is a loyal but small viewing public out there. I'm confident it should be after the Olympics so probably in September (hoping!!) - as reported in the Sunday Herald some months ago. As for the time slot - they can put it on at 3 am for I care, just as long as we get it (that's what VCR's are for ).

Remember, TAR 1 and TAR 2 originally had a good timeslot but with lack of advertising TAR never took off in Australia and was therefore alloted the late night slot. Ch 7 doesn't give any good exposure for US reality shows unlike Ch 9 or 10. If Ch 7 gave the same treatment to TAR just like Ch 9 gives to Survivor - it will probably be highly successful here.

Lets hope that they get TAR 6 right.
    I rather lurk than post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast