+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre-show Favorites? Pick Your Horse!

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I like everyone in my siggy, especially Linda and Karen. Karli and Kami look like a good team, too, as do Jim and Marsha.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Alison and DOnny, only because Donny is a 'ish sort of guy . But yeah, physically he's good, plus she's been in Reality TV before, maybe it might break some edge . BUt as for now before the show, I'm rooting for Donny ... and her

I think the ones to beat will be Chip and Kim. They look like they are physically fit and having been married for 25 years, have probably (hopefully) worked out any kinks in their relationship. If they ease into comfortable roles, use their brains, and don't fight they could win it pretty handily. But - who would have thought Zack and Flo would win?

The cousins with one being a dwarf could be at a disadvantage physically, but an enormous advantage in that they both speak several languages.

The dating couples - too early to tell. We know Allison is a liar/troublemaker/flirt/etc. and her boyfriend is a wuss (he's still with her after her disgusting exhibition on the Big Brother) - so this team could really be a fly in the ointment for others.

The family teams - twins, brothers, father/daughter will probably get along well and have already established the alpha/beta members. This would also be true of the Bowling Moms, especially if they have experience traveling and/or working together.

Dennis and Erika will be a disaster. We know she is a free spirited rebel and he is not amused by her antics. They are testing their relationship - not a good sign.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Anyone but Alison and Donny. I'm not real fond of the small person angle, because it seems exploitive, but if they turn out to do well because of their language and traveling experiences, I'll be on their side in a hurry.

I'm amazed by TAR contestants' continual inability to communicate with locals. In foreign lands, I've always been impressed by how hard service people will work to communicate with you if show the slightest interest in making an effort rather than expecting them to speak and understand English perfectly.

It's almost as if TAR works to cast the proverbial "ugly American".
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I think the ones to beat will be Chip and Kim. They look like they are physically fit and having been married for 25 years, have probably (hopefully) worked out any kinks in their relationship. If they ease into comfortable roles, use their brains, and don't fight they could win it pretty handily.

The dating couples - too early to tell. We know Allison is a liar/troublemaker/flirt/etc. and her boyfriend is a wuss (he's still with her after her disgusting exhibition on the Big Brother) - so this team could really be a fly in the ointment for others.

This would also be true of the Bowling Moms, especially if they have experience traveling and/or working together.

Dennis and Erika will be a disaster. We know she is a free spirited rebel and he is not amused by her antics. They are testing their relationship - not a good sign.
    One other thing that has me in Chip/Kim's corner is that they have the competitive attitude that they are there to win and nothing else. I know that a lot of teams always put that there going to win and backstab and all that junk, but I get a different vibe from these 2. Plus, as you said, they've been married for over twenty years, which will probably help any squabbles along the way. But when you look back at all the married couples and parents, only Teri/Ian have made it to the final 3. The others (Matt/Ana, Hope/Norm, Debra/Steve, Dave/Margaretta) didn't even make it to the fifth leg.

One thing Alison has going against her is that this isn't Big Brother, and her manipulating, backstabbing, lying, flirting strategies aren't going to help her advance another leg and they aren't going to help her win. Because it's all about her and Donny, none of the others teams can help her (one of the main reasons this show is at the top of my list.)

Linda/Karen have been friends long enough to give me confidence that they'll be fine, and hopefully go farther than some of the other mom team's in the past.

As for Dennis/Erika- I thought both Tara/Wil and Frank/Margarita would be early exit's because of their relationship conflicts, so these 2 might surprise me.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Pre-show favs

1. Kami/Karli
    2. Alison/Donny
    3. Charla/Mirna

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Dennis+Erika
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

I don't post often, but I have to say I love this show!

Kim & Chip are my pre-show favorites, they look strong in every way.

Gotta love, Alison & Donny, they are a train wreck, can't wait to see them together and bickering!

I Brandon/Nicole already. I think they're really schweet and funny
    2003-2008.

I'm guessing Charla & Mirna are going to do quite well, because of their language ability.....people who speak a few languages, pick up on other languages quick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123