+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Marshall & Lance

It amazes me that of all the unacceptable behaviors the brothers demonstrated, the fact that they felt they couldn't physically continue (real or perceived) draws the most contempt here.

Their ridicule of the people whose countries they are visiting, their attitude towards women, their overall rudeness, for example, are much worse than their inability or lack of desire to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Hostility? hardly considering this is a pg-13 site, it's very tame here.

I have no sympathy for jackasses, which I found them to be. Phil should've kicked him in the knee.
    That's one of the funniest things I've read all day!

are marshall and lance the first team in TAR to ever quit? i only started watching TAR since the 4th one

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yes.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I wouldn't have quit, under any circumstances....It could have been another non-elimination leg. You never know. With a million on the line, I'll cast my knee pain aside.
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Probably cold hearted too ColdBlooded's Avatar
    It depends what your definition of quit is.
    Marshall and Lance were the first team not to make it to the pitstop.
    In season one, Nancy and Emily deliberately skipped some tasks and went straight to the pitstop, incurring a 24 hour penalty which led to their elimination.
    Considering they weren't in any physical pain, what they did was a lot worse in my opinion.

i really hate these two pizza brothers....remember when they got outside of the shake mega disco?the brothers were asking for directions going to the airport...and when they failed to get the information hey wanted they were saying that the foreigners were so useless....who the hell do they think they are??oh yah...and also when they got lost as they neared the pitstop in episode 3...they were saying that "oh these people are so useless blah blah blah" i just cant stand it that they were making such remarks to those people.they are the very people who make the image of americans look "rude and arrogant and having the superiority complex" to people from all over the world
    angeL

Quote Originally Posted by pin0yb0y
    are marshall and lance the first team in TAR to ever quit? i only started watching TAR since the 4th one
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlooded
    It depends what your definition of quit is.
    Marshall and Lance were the first team not to make it to the pitstop.
    In season one, Nancy and Emily deliberately skipped some tasks and went straight to the pitstop, incurring a 24 hour penalty which led to their elimination.
    Considering they weren't in any physical pain, what they did was a lot worse in my opinion.
    Precisely, I mentioned that and a few other "quitter" examples a few posts back.

Actually, Nancy & Emily (our first 'quitters' and yet still very well liked), got the Detour clue, which very roughly said "either find a marked car, or take a bus, to Some Tiger Place". So they looked and looked and looked. They finally decided to take a taxi there instead (they did NOT go straight to PitStop). They still did the RoadBlock, and THEN went on to the PitStop.

They got lucky in the fact that the Detour clue they received (and gave up on), actually told them where to go next. So, they were able to go there anyway and continue the leg, even though they were doomed. If that clue had not told them the next destination, who knows. They may have forged on, or more likely they may have quit right there on the spot. And, it would not have been close enough to the PitStop for Phil to just swing by and boot them. They probably would've magically appeared at PitStop for booting.

Suppose that the "dig for the scarab" RoadBlock clue had read differently. Suppose it said "dig and find a scarab and bring it with you on one of the nearby boats to the PitStop..." Then the brothers would've known this was their last task, they would've known the boats were nearby. Knowing this they may have pushed on, and kept digging, and gone on to be properly booted. OR, more likely, they still could've stopped digging ('quitting') and just went down and got on a boat, gone to PitStop, and Phil would've told them they didn't have a scarab, hadn't finished the task, but it didn't matter, they were last, and buh-bye. Then there would be no uproar about them quitting. Bottom line, they didn't do anything worse than Nancy & Emily did. It's just that N&E knew where to go next, so they could make their way to Phil to 'quit' that way. Had the brothers known where Phil was, I'd bet they would've quit and gone there to be sent home.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    Precisely, I mentioned that and a few other "quitter" examples a few posts back.

Actually, Nancy & Emily (our first 'quitters' and yet still very well liked), got the Detour clue, which very roughly said "either find a marked car, or take a bus, to Some Tiger Place". So they looked and looked and looked. They finally decided to take a taxi there instead (they did NOT go straight to PitStop). They still did the RoadBlock, and THEN went on to the PitStop.

They got lucky in the fact that the Detour clue they received (and gave up on), actually told them where to go next. So, they were able to go there anyway and continue the leg, even though they were doomed. If that clue had not told them the next destination, who knows. They may have forged on, or more likely they may have quit right there on the spot. And, it would not have been close enough to the PitStop for Phil to just swing by and boot them. They probably would've magically appeared at PitStop for booting.

Suppose that the "dig for the scarab" RoadBlock clue had read differently. Suppose it said "dig and find a scarab and bring it with you on one of the nearby boats to the PitStop..." Then the brothers would've known this was their last task, they would've known the boats were nearby. Knowing this they may have pushed on, and kept digging, and gone on to be properly booted. OR, more likely, they still could've stopped digging ('quitting') and just went down and got on a boat, gone to PitStop, and Phil would've told them they didn't have a scarab, hadn't finished the task, but it didn't matter, they were last, and buh-bye. Then there would be no uproar about them quitting. Bottom line, they didn't do anything worse than Nancy & Emily did. It's just that N&E knew where to go next, so they could make their way to Phil to 'quit' that way. Had the brothers known where Phil was, I'd bet they would've quit and gone there to be sent home.
    True, but they didn't quit the game. They just lost all hope.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread