+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Marshall & Lance

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Hostility? hardly considering this is a pg-13 site, it's very tame here.

I have no sympathy for jackasses, which I found them to be. Phil should've kicked him in the knee.
    omg.. that's hilarious. JR, you're my hero!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Almost every week, I pick them to be last. The one week that I don't, they finally come in last! Grr! Not that I'm unhappy to see them go...
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Probably cold hearted too ColdBlooded's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I think its just sad to quit O_O. It's a life time opprotunity and they didn't give it their all :/
    Oh please.
    Had they given up as soon as the knee injury hit, then they could be accused of not giving it their all.
    But since they managed to press on for another two or three legs, despite the fact that Marshall could hardly walk, I think that's pretty impressive.

Personally I was quite confident they'd be gone once the moms managed to make the flight to Luxor with the rest of the teams. I suspect they probably felt the same way. They were the last place team the entire time in Luxor, and yet they still managed to try and complete the roadblock before throwing in the towel.

I read on another board that the brothers said, on the Early Show, that they were at the roadblock for roughly 2 and a half hours. I'm not sure if they meant that Lance searched for the scarab for that long, or if that was combined with them waiting for Phil. Regardless, that's still a long time. It's not like they gave up 5 minutes after arriving at the roadblock.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlooded
    Oh please.
    Had they given up as soon as the knee injury hit, then they could be accused of not giving it their all.
    But since they managed to press on for another two or three legs, despite the fact that Marshall could hardly walk, I think that's pretty impressive.

Personally I was quite confident they'd be gone once the moms managed to make the flight to Luxor with the rest of the teams. I suspect they probably felt the same way. They were the last place team the entire time in Luxor, and yet they still managed to try and complete the roadblock before throwing in the towel.

I read on another board that the brothers said, on the Early Show, that they were at the roadblock for roughly 2 and a half hours. I'm not sure if they meant that Lance searched for the scarab for that long, or if that was combined with them waiting for Phil. Regardless, that's still a long time. It's not like they gave up 5 minutes after arriving at the roadblock.
    I agree, they didn't quit to just quit, they knew they were last, they even tried to find the scarab, but if you know your partner is in agony and its over, stop and take the break. but deep down lance knew Marshall wasn't going to endure much more of this pain and knee pain is real deep down gut turning pain. like a sprained ankle squared. plus why would Lance finish alone? leave his partner, i don't think so, they are a team and as a team they should finish or drop out. I really was impressed that he went three days with it. I knew they wouldn't last but the guy gutted it out. plus i liked these guys in the way that they are like the male version of Mirna, whether they know it or not. all three are the same.

I must say that I didn't root for them while they were in the race. They did redeem themselves a little toward the end. Marshall even made some positive comments about how beautiful Egypt was. They did earn some respect from me when on the early show they stated that they were at the dig site for over 2 hours. The way it was edited you would almost think they "gave up" after 5 minutes.

I thought it was interesting that during their interview they still dogged Mirna & Charla. Usually teams will say it was "just a race" but the brothers quite obviously could not stand M&C.

AT least the brothers got a whole lot of free advertising for their Cafe Nostra during the race! I even say Chip was wearing one of their shirts as well! haha
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Captain of the World
    Almost every week, I pick them to be last. The one week that I don't, they finally come in last! Grr! Not that I'm unhappy to see them go...
    So if you pick your favorite team to finish last every week, eventually they will win the whole thing.

One of the funniest scenes was when everyone was running to the detour and the cameras cut back to the pizza boys walking (slowly) saying "nice day isn't it"

I think these two are actually pretty decent guys. They made some comments that weren't right, but I think everyone does from time to time, it just so happens they were caught on tape. Their post race interviews make it seem like they were good friends with pretty much all the teams except for C&M.
    Last edited by nairb247; 08-12-2004 at 10:10 AM.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

I'm glad to see these two guys gone, but I give them a lot of props for pressing on through pain without too much whimpering.

I do think that Phil was a bit harsh with them as he told them they were the first team ever to QUIT and force him to come out into the course to Philiminate them. They ARE NOT the first teams to fail to complete a leg of the race, just the first team to miss the checkpoint.

As I recall, there have been several past teams that were pulled off of the course and directed to the PitStop before they even reached a detour or roadblock because they were so hopelessly behind. If the Gutsy Grannies are directed to PitStop without finishing all tasks on a leg, is this so much different than Pizza-Pizza missing the final check-in?

although i despised the pizza doods, i took no pleasure watching them truck on through the pain. i had some serious sympathy pain in my own knees.

the pizza biz is probably booming now.

on that note, i am so glad to see them go. so long suckers!

I'm pretty sure that Marshall was starting to hurt clear back in South America, so when he talks about being in pain for a few days, I think he's talking about *serious* pain, but he was limping a bit clear back at the parasailing, I'm pretty sure.

And he has said that he has never had knee problems before, and hasn't since. Once out of Race, he was able to properly rest it and it was better. It was an acute case of tendonitis I think he said.

I would've rather seen them tough it out to a normal Philimination, but I wasn't in their shoes. Literally hours behind, knowing worst case that you're elimination is pending, and best case it's a highly unlikely back-to-back NEL, which leaves you penniless and still in excruciating pain with little or no hope of surviving the next leg. Other than for the purity of the show as a viewer, meaning TAR has never had a 'quitter', I can't blame them at all.

It's not the first time teams that are in last have thrown in the towel. These are stories that have either been shown on the show or told by the Racers themselves after the fact.

TAR2 Mary & Peach, essentially give up and quit at the nasty tea drinking task. They are WAY behind and get to where the RoadBlock should be and are instead instructed to head to PitStop.

TAR3 Tramel & Talicia knew they were last, so they had a nice meal and did some shopping, before proceeding to Philimination.

There may be others. These people didn't give it their all and finish everything as best they could just in case there was a chance they'd still be in it. But just because they strolled in to the PitStop we've given them the benefit of the doubt?

I think Pizza Bros at least gave it their all, and that couldn't include another PitStop arrival.

I don't think any of those I've listed above are really quitters, but I'd say TAR2 M&P come the closest, because they threw in the towel knowing there were still other tasks to be completed that leg, so someone could majorly mess up and they could still be in it. Stranger things have happened. (TAR1 Nancy & Emily 24hr penalty, or how about TAR4 Russell & Cindy wrong train tickets, just to name a few).
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

W00T!!! My first post here!! Heh....here's a funny story. I always pick my favorite team before I even see the first episode and ALWAYS go for the dudes who I think would probably be the comedy relief. It's foolproof and, though my teams never win, they always do well. Oddly enough, this time around, though I did choose Marshall and Lance at the start and loved them the whole time (sorry if that comment made anyone mad), I decided, just in case, to choose two other teams as well. Guess who I picked? Charla & Mirna (GOD I hate Mirna...but Charla RULES!!!) and Chip and Kim. Who knew two of my fave teams would actually end up hating each other, eh? Anyways...just wondering, but, does anyone know where I can find the brother's e-mail address?

+ Reply to Thread