+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Marshall & Lance

Quote Originally Posted by 2ctheworld
    Did everyone else catch the part last night in Russia where the brothers were saying how unhappy all the Russian people look ... they must have fit right in cause half the time they look like they are miserable. In fact they should have been right at home in Russia with all the comments they have made about locals in various destinations.
    Not to whip on the boys, but seeing as you mentioned it, I was wondering as he said it if he had any idea just how ironically funny that comment was, considering the source.

Captain of the World
    If you haven't seen there little episode on the CBS Insider video where they are describing what the Russian woman is writing you should check it out.

It is pretty dang funny.

Also two Jewish guys who probably aren't very cultured running around an art museum, trying to find a painting based on a parable from the New Testiment, pointing at every picture was great. Gave me a good laugh.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Last episode when one of the brothers was complaining about his knees I thought he was just whinning a lot, especially at his age, 26. To have that much trouble. He needs to do something about that soon else we are talking about being crippled by the time he is 36. Good Luck. Knee replacements are not fun.
    In one of the Insider videos, Chip had a conversation with Marshall about his knees after this latest episode. Chip asked Marshall what did he do to prepare physically for the race and apparently Marshall didn't anything. Chip was surprised, telling him that he and Kim exercised and carried backpacks around to get into shape. In the brothers' interview clips, Marshall admitted he just sits around watching TV. If they lose because of his knees, Marshall has no one to blame but himself. Not to knock him for his weight, but carrying that much weight is not good for the joints. Since he didn't work out in preparation for TAR, it makes me question whether he really wants to win this thing.

Anyway, I was a little shocked in the, I think Frankfurt airport, where one of the brothers made a comment on were Mirna and Smirna had disappeared to. He admitted he didn't like them but that they were a smart team. He actually complimented S&C. Wow.
    I noticed it and found myself chuckling at it. Okay, so they wonder where Charla & Mirna are, and admit to themselves that the girls are not stupid and must be around getting better flights. If they knew they were probably doing that, which they were, why didn't the brothers get off their fat butts and go do it themselves too? Yeah, Marshall's knees are killing him, but he'd still have hours to rest in the plane. Or maybe it just didn't occur to them at that time. Whichever one as the case, the cousins outsmarted them, which I relished.

As for who's who, the only way I can tell them apart is that Marshall wears glasses all the time and Lance doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    In one of the Insider videos, Chip had a conversation with Marshall about his knees after this latest episode. Chip asked Marshall what did he do to prepare physically for the race and apparently Marshall didn't anything. Chip was surprised, telling him that he and Kim exercised and carried backpacks around to get into shape. In the brothers' interview clips, Marshall admitted he just sits around watching TV. If they lose because of his knees, Marshall has no one to blame but himself. Not to knock him for his weight, but carrying that much weight is not good for the joints. Since he didn't work out in preparation for TAR, it makes me question whether he really wants to win this thing.
    I think they may have entered it, just for the hell of it. I don't think that they really took things like "working out" into consideration. I mean, if all he does is sit around and eat, then of course his knees are gonna hurt! If you watch the show, it's not all driving or flying! It's his own damn fault if his knees hurt..plus I don't like either of them, so I hope they get knocked out.

I have bittersweet feelings after viewing Marshall and Lance in last night's (8/10/04) episode.

It probably began earlier, but I finally noticed that Lance was carrying BOTH sets of bags. Attaboy. Didn't hear much bitching and moaning, but other than Linda and Karen's understandable fear that Marshall and Lance might finally catch up to their sandbox and find the scarab in the first minute or two, it appeared by that time that Marshall and Lance had already thrown in the towel, at least in their minds considering the baby step pace.

It is difficult to fault their conclusion that with 6 disturbed sandpits that they were last and had no chance of being anything but last. Still, I would have preferred the complete the task and go to the pitstop, leaving the game as troopers, if not winners.

It was Lance, not invalid Marshall that was working the task. He ought to have seen it through, and I believe they'll both regret down the line that they made this sort of first in TAR history.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It is difficult to fault their conclusion that with 6 disturbed sandpits that they were last and had no chance of being anything but last. Still, I would have preferred the complete the task and go to the pitstop, leaving the game as troopers, if not winners.

It was Lance, not invalid Marshall that was working the task. He ought to have seen it through, and I believe they'll both regret down the line that they made this sort of first in TAR history.

I would agree with you except for one thing: finishing the task and then having Marshall drag himself back to the boat, and then to the checkpoint (all of this over fairly rugged terrain) would have only further aggravated his injury and caused even more pain. I'm not sure it was worth it, not with the race already over.

Knees are tricky - they heal slowly and sometimes never fully recover. Marshall has to live with those knees regardless of what place they finished in the race, so I was glad to see the team eliminated.

I'm starting to wonder if they should put the participants through boot camp before they make the final cut.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

While I certainly don't wish anyone any lasting pain or injury, I thought this was a fitting end to this team. The dad from the dad and daughter team (Jim?) sustained a knee injury that required stitches and I never heard him complaining about it, other than being afraid he would slow their team down. Marshall (if that is the one with the knee-problem) was a big whiner even before his knees became a problem. I'll always remember him as the one who said something like "stupid foreigners" (when he was the foreginer in their country) and the one with such a pouty attitude while eating the chocolate. I mean, I know it is a lot of chocolate, but its certainly not the most difficult task in the world.
    I do have to hand it to Lance though - he did not complain at all as he carried both bags and really showed a lot of kindness and patience with his brother.

I am not sorry to see this team go. Buh-bye.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    Personally, I'm really going to miss these guys- they injected some much needed humor into the game, and generally seemed like a couple of decent guys.

+ Reply to Thread