+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Marshall & Lance

Leo
    Premium Member
    This team is in deep trouble if the knee doesn't get better. The teams ahead of them are all in decent shape, and one slow airport dash could really screw them.

FORT Fogey
    I don't know, Charla's not exactly speedy but she still manages alright. If the brothers are determined, and don't waste a lot of time on dumb mistakes, they should continue advance (even with one of them in pain). Plus, the knees will probably get better.

I haven't much cared for these guys, and this morning one of the primary reasons dawned on me.

I haven't paid close enough attention to differentiate between the two, but collectively this team seems to derive absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in what they are doing.

Rather than Pizza Boys, they might better be referred to as Sour and Dour.

They remind me of Dustin Hoffman's character in the movie Hero, only without the hint thus far of redeeming qualities that transcend the eternal cloud they pack about with them.

Perhaps Bitch and Moan might be more appropriate names.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I haven't paid close enough attention to differentiate between the two, but collectively this team seems to derive absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in what they are doing.
    You're not the first to come to this conclusion, but I think you're completely wrong. I think that they're having a blast out there. Certainly, they bitch and moan constantly, but some people just love to complain. These guys make a lot of noise, but most of it is clearly said in jest. Personally, I think they're hilarious.

Leo
    Premium Member
    BTW, which brother is which? I still have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    I think you're completely wrong. I think that they're having a blast out there. Certainly, they bitch and moan constantly, but some people just love to complain.
    You may well be right, Thonolan.

I'll admit to having developed an negative attitude about these two, and being predisposed to see the bad, I may be overlooking the good. Time will tell.

My negativity began around the time of the chocolate festivities, when it appeared that there was a lack of heart and desire. I know they aren't the only ones to have encountered difficulties, the caviar episode was tough for more than a few, but their comments make it difficult for me to root for them to overcome miscues and misfortune. Instead, I have been waiting for the moment when they'll give up just in the nick of time to save someone who actually seems to want to be there.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    ...Instead, I have been waiting for the moment when they'll give up just in the nick of time to save someone who actually seems to want to be there.
    They might well get eliminated, but it won't be because they "gave up". For all of their complaining, these two are fighters. They never quit trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    BTW, which brother is which? I still have no idea.

Im not 100% sure but I think Marshall is the one with the moustach

Unless something changes soon Marshall & Lance might be sunk real fast. It looks like Marshall is in soooo much pain with his knees that if the pain does not go away there is very little chance they will make it much longer. We'll see what happens!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Sorry for the double post ...

Did everyone else catch the part last night in Russia where the brothers were saying how unhappy all the Russian people look ... they must have fit right in cause half the time they look like they are miserable. In fact they should have been right at home in Russia with all the comments they have made about locals in various destinations.
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread