+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 239

Thread: Marshall & Lance

  1. #161
    TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    My point, which seems to have been overlooked, was that Kimi and Karli are being called whinny and taking things too personally with Chip and Kim. I see Marshall and Lance responding in a similiar manner and they are not being called whinny and no one is saying that they are taking things too personnally. He said he really hated her (meaning Mirna) and then later on said he will get her back. That's not taking things too personally?

    I just wondered why when a female team reacts in a certain way they are called whinny and when a male team responses the same way not one calls them on it and they are just seen as as bunch of rude boys having a good ole time?
    Now I get what you mean. The thing is, most of the people on this forum do think what they said was uncalled for and they are not only whiny like people called Kami and Karli but rude which I didnt find Kami and Karli to be.

    Woah gaebolga, I can't say I agree but I like the way you lighten up the mood by being sarcastic when you say that everyone else is wrong. I know it was joke.... or was it LOL

  2. #162
    Free Yourself! E-Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,541
    Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga

    Anyway, my point is that Chub and Chubber weren't flinging the epithets for no reason, and Charla and Mirna are hardly paragons of untrammelled righteousness. Had Mirna pulled that crap on me, I would have called her a bitch as well...to her face, behind her back, from a passing car, and at top volume. Lying to other teams comes with the territory, but pulling a holier-than-thou attitude about it — especially when you've done more lying (that we've seen) than the people you're lying to — pretty much makes you a rotting scum-maggot, as far as I'm concerned. "Bitch" is a rather polite way of describing Mirna.
    According to an article I read yesterday, Marshall/Lance lied to Charla/Mirna. They could of been first at the airport but they lied to them and the cousins outsmarted them. Say what you want about Marshall/Lance but how they (as well as the other teams) treat the cousins is uncalled for!!!

    Here's an excerpt of the article...

    http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...616.art&page=1

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sackett
    Team Karma: Treat others the way you’d like to be treated, right? Uh, Marshall and Lance did you hear me? Although they work well internally (fixing the flat tire and not freaking out, finding out about the 9:40 flight) the brothers can’t seem to work cooperatively with other teams. They lied to Charla and Mirna at the airport counter for no good reason, then fought because they had been outsmarted. Guess what guys, too bad! If they had only told Charla and Mirna the truth they would have been first in line, since Charla and Mirna would not have just used them and jumped ahead. And vowing revenge in public is never a good thing, right Marshall? Then once outside the mayor’s office, the bros yelled “Bitch!” for no reason. Well, there was a reason, but it was stupid. There’s really no need or point to make enemies. And since they were so nasty, I suppose I won’t offend them too much when I note that it’s ironic how this team took the longest at the chocolate factory. Lance’s “cheering” didn’t seem to encourage Marshall too much either. So, what kept back the bros? Was it karma? Well, let’s see: They piss off locals, they piss off other racers, they shout profanity at other racers, and they treat people like garbage. What goes around comes around, buddies. And the previews for next week’s team dynamics seem even worse than this week. Let’s hope for their sake that they straighten up and fly right for the remainder of the race. If not, they won’t have to worry about racing much longer.
    That just about sums up the way I see things!!!! They trashed the other teams and karma bit back at them!!! I have no sympthy for them, sorry!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

  3. #163
    Hyper Future Vision gaebolga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Zalem. Or Tiphares. Take your pick...
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    According to an article I read yesterday, Marshall/Lance lied to Charla/Mirna.
    Well, this is the first I've heard of it (which is why I had that paranthetical statement about "that we've seen"); if that's true, then I'll recind my statement about Charla and Mirna's actions being uncalled for.

  4. #164
    Hyper Future Vision gaebolga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Zalem. Or Tiphares. Take your pick...
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    Woah gaebolga, I can't say I agree but I like the way you lighten up the mood by being sarcastic when you say that everyone else is wrong. I know it was joke.... or was it LOL
    Only the Shadow knows....

  5. #165
    TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    Only the Shadow knows....
    LOL.

    And I totally agree with whoever that person is. Like I said, karma came back to bite them in the ass. So whether the bros lied or not the brothers were totally wrong when it came to the argument between Charla and Mirna. And I wouldnt be creating enemies with racers becuase sometimes you need a racer to help you out a little bit. *cough* Brandon and Nicole *cough*

    Except Brandon and Nicole did get help from Brandon and Marsha even after she called marsha a bitch. But not all people are that nice.

  6. #166
    Hyper Future Vision gaebolga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Zalem. Or Tiphares. Take your pick...
    Posts
    444
    Unfortunately.

  7. #167
    brown and red and nasty.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome
    Posts
    436
    *shrug*

    I think there's a difference between being pragmatic racers and jerky, repellent assholes of which these two definately fall in the latter catagory.

    While some people might mistake their bitter, slimey creepiness for intelligence and wit-- I still think they're a pair of douche monkeys, race or not. But, that's my opinion only.

    I hope they lose soon.

  8. #168
    You talkin' to me? 2ctheworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Watching TAR! ... DUH!
    Posts
    253
    These two continue to not impress me. I would much rather have seen them go last night then Bob and Joyce!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

  9. #169
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,168
    I know most people on this forum need to believe that Mirna & Charla and the brothers are sworn enemies, but am I the only one who noticed the reaction from all of them when the ran into each other at the airport (smiles all around). These teams are rivals, but for the most part, it's a good-natured rivalry (only Mirna ever takes it personally, and she seems to have mostly gotten over it).

    Also, did anyone else notice that Marshall & Lance were quite supportive of the others teams during the caviar eating challenge? God forbid anyone actually admitting that these guys aren't so bad.

  10. #170
    FORT Fan momof2dogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    195
    I noticed it. They were really glad for Colin and Christie when she finished. I thoght it was pretty sweet.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.