+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Marshall & Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    It seems that if any females are involved in an 'incident' they are called whinny and comments are made as to not take it personally, its a race and get over it. Well, aren't Marshall and Lance doing the same thing. Its seems to me that they are taking things very personally and getting angry and vowing vengeance. Why is no one calling them whinny and telling them to get over it. They are acting like a bunch of girly men. Or does indicating that they are copying some female behavior impinging on their masculinity?
    Generally speaking, when someone calls someone a "girly man" they are trying to call his masculinity into question. So, yes, I would have to say so.

When you make this comment, the question that comes to my mind is: "Wouldn't someone really have to have a really low opinion of women in order to think that it is a terrible insult to say that a man is acting like a woman?"
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Everyone has their own opinion of this team.

If someone has a differing opinion than yours, that does not make them wrong. Any negative or derogatory comments directed at other posters and their opinions will be deleted. Repeated abuse of this very straight-forward FORT rule will result in that particular poster being banned.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

What a disappointing episode!!! I was hoping for this team to get eliminated -- what they did to Charla & Mirna was uncalled for!!! Then we would have a real female winner finally **cough** Flo **cough**!!!

I LOVED it when almost all of the teams passed Marshall & Lance. But I knew when the commerical cued up on them, they would beat Jim & Marsha. They got exactly though what they deserved -- to be in last place for the start of the next leg!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    What a disappointing episode!!! I was hoping for this team to get eliminated -- what they did to Charla & Mirna was uncalled for!!! Then we would have a real female winner finally **cough** Flo **cough**!!!

I LOVED it when almost all of the teams passed Marshall & Lance. But I knew when the commerical cued up on them, they would beat Jim & Marsha. They got exactly though what they deserved -- to be in last place for the start of the next leg!!!
    That's true. They do deserve to be last, but the only problem is, no team that started last really had much chance of getting eliminated. I hope that isnt the case with these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Did you read their quotes of of some Internet forum or did you actually watch and listen to them. The "foreigner" comment was a harmless joke borne out of frustration- a way of blowing off steam (after one of them said it, the other one laughed) they were not angry.

As for the Mirna incident(s), she was very angry, the brothers were amused and vaguely annoyed. These guys may be arrogant, and are certainly rude, but at the same time, I honestly just think that they are just a couple of loudmouthed blowhards with no ill-will toward anybody.

More than anything, they're just out there having a blast.
    Yes, I do watch the show. I tape it and usually review segments that I will comment on. We obviously have different opinions on how the brothers are behaving. I say that they are being mean, angry and vengeful. You do not. We are both entitled to our opinions, and we each have a right to say what ever we want in this country. Just because you do not agree with me does not mean you have to make remarks implying I cannot come up with my own opinions and must rely on comments taken out of context by other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    Generally speaking, when someone calls someone a "girly man" they are trying to call his masculinity into question. So, yes, I would have to say so.

When you make this comment, the question that comes to my mind is: "Wouldn't someone really have to have a really low opinion of women in order to think that it is a terrible insult to say that a man is acting like a woman?"
    My point, which seems to have been overlooked, was that Kimi and Karli are being called whinny and taking things too personally with Chip and Kim. I see Marshall and Lance responding in a similiar manner and they are not being called whinny and no one is saying that they are taking things too personnally. He said he really hated her (meaning Mirna) and then later on said he will get her back. That's not taking things too personally?

I just wondered why when a female team reacts in a certain way they are called whinny and when a male team responses the same way not one calls them on it and they are just seen as as bunch of rude boys having a good ole time?

FORT Fogey
    Bearcata, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Judging by your previous posts, it really did seem as if you were basing your opinions on a transcript or someone else's opinion. (I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt). But if you say that you've watched the episodes, then I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Bearcata, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Judging by your previous posts, it really did seem as if you were basing your opinions on a transcript or someone else's opinion. (I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt). But if you say that you've watched the episodes, then I believe you.

Thanks

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Marshall and Lance [still] piss me off. I wish they were (and they should of been) eliminated.

Too bad none of them have a fear of heights. They'd squash the bike tires anyways.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    If someone has a differing opinion than yours, that does not make them wrong.
    Of course it does, otherwise that implies that I might be wrong, and that's so wrong it just can't be right. Or did I get my negatives inverted...

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    I was hoping for this team to get eliminated -- what they did to Charla & Mirna was uncalled for!!!
    Why? What Charla and Mirna did to the Doughboys was uncalled for as well, and while two wrongs don't make a right, I think I've firmly established that right is what I say it is, so you must be wrong.

I think.

Tautology is so depressing....

Anyway, my point is that Chub and Chubber weren't flinging the epithets for no reason, and Charla and Mirna are hardly paragons of untrammelled righteousness. Had Mirna pulled that crap on me, I would have called her a bitch as well...to her face, behind her back, from a passing car, and at top volume. Lying to other teams comes with the territory, but pulling a holier-than-thou attitude about it especially when you've done more lying (that we've seen) than the people you're lying to pretty much makes you a rotting scum-maggot, as far as I'm concerned. "Bitch" is a rather polite way of describing Mirna.

+ Reply to Thread