+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Marshall & Lance

Ha! "Dough boys" is pretty funny and accurate. IMO, These guys are obnoxious but good TV. I don't like, men who call women a female dog like they did are rude and immature but you need a mix of people to make the show watchable. Mirna kind of gets on my nerves too, I just like watching her better cuz she's so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    I find these guys completely lacking in street smarts, people skills, courage, craftiness...okay, well pretty much everything. The fact that they're two grown men who've never learned how to change a tire just shows how adverse they are to doing the dirty work. Yelling out "b!tch" from 100 feet away just about sums up how spineless they are. They had all morning to call out Charla & Mirna to their faces. I also find it pathetic that they are aiming to be next to last. How much lazier, uncompetitive can you get?
    I don't know whether they're from Manhattan or from somewhere more suburban. But if they're from Manhattan, they may well not have had a car until they moved to Texas. So not having changed a tire wouldn't mean that they are adverse to doing dirty work. It may just mean they've never had a flat tire.

But it is interesting how many car problems these guys have had so far. They don't seem to have a very friendly relationship with vehicles in general.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    No, there's a few of us who appreciate these guys for who (and what) they are: intelligent, funny, solid competitors, and yes, quite rude. I don't know that I'd want them as neighbors or brothers-in-law, but I do enjoy watching them on The Amazing Race. They do keep things interesting.
    intelligent??? (well i guess they have some intelligence since they were smart enough to run a restaurant) but still , funny??? (they look funny) , solid competitors??? again another (one of them said and i quote "I REFUSE TO RUN") thats a very solid competitor...its a race you have to hustle a little bit, rude...thats about the only thing they are good at...its very manly of them to call Mirna a B*tch from a moving car, i guess they dont have enough balls to call her a B*itch in front of her face!

Team Dough Boys

by the way, im not hating on you for liking them, odds are out of the 11.11 million people watching TAR someone has to like em...in theory...

they remind me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy...
    Last edited by Quinito; 07-23-2004 at 02:18 AM.
    Kick some ass...get some later...

[QUOTE=Thonolan
    As for not respecting anyone out there, well, they came to win. They don't take things nearly as personal as many of the other teams (I haven't really seen either of them get angry). I honestly think that they are misunderstood by many in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Calling natives "useless foreigners", isn't getting angry?

Saying "I really hate her" , isn't getting angry?

Saying "I will get back at her", isn't getting angry?

This does come across as angry and personal. One thing I have noticed is that people have made comments about Kami and Karli (the twins) and how they should get over the cab grabbing incident. It seems that if any females are involved in an 'incident' they are called whinny and comments are made as to not take it personally, its a race and get over it. Well, aren't Marshall and Lance doing the same thing. Its seems to me that they are taking things very personally and getting angry and vowing vengeance. Why is no one calling them whinny and telling them to get over it. They are acting like a bunch of girly men. Or does indicating that they are copying some female behavior impinging on their masculinity?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-23-2004 at 07:47 AM.

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=Bearcata]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    As for not respecting anyone out there, well, they came to win. They don't take things nearly as personal as many of the other teams (I haven't really seen either of them get angry). I honestly think that they are misunderstood by many in this forum.[/QUOTE

Calling natives "useless foreigners", isn't getting angry?

Saying "I really hate her" , isn't getting angry?

Saying "I will get back at her", isn't getting angry?

This does come across as angry and personal. One thing I have noticed is that people have made comments about Kami and Karli (the twins) and how they should get over the cab grabbing incident. It seems that if any females are involved in an 'incident' they are called whinny and comments are made as to not take it personally, its a race and get over it. Well, aren't Marshall and Lance doing the same thing. Its seems to me that they are taking things very personally and getting angry and vowing vengeance. Why is no one calling them whinny and telling them to get over it. They are acting like a bunch of girly men. Or does indicating that they are copying some female behavior impinging on their masculinity?
    Did you read their quotes of of some Internet forum or did you actually watch and listen to them. The "foreigner" comment was a harmless joke borne out of frustration- a way of blowing off steam (after one of them said it, the other one laughed) they were not angry.

As for the Mirna incident(s), she was very angry, the brothers were amused and vaguely annoyed. These guys may be arrogant, and are certainly rude, but at the same time, I honestly just think that they are just a couple of loudmouthed blowhards with no ill-will toward anybody.

More than anything, they're just out there having a blast.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Ok, a lot of you are going to hate me for this but.........I loved the bitch remark!!!!!! if it was me there would have been a f*&^%ing in front of it cause I think she is one. plus we don't know how that confrontation all went. Plus i hate Mirna, she is a b*tch

sami dont think charla is a bitch
    but the linme was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Didn't Phil mention that the last team in was going to have all there money taken away. Has this happened yet?
    In non-elimination legs only.
    Gustav Holst was right!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinito
    intelligent??? (well i guess they have some intelligence since they were smart enough to run a restaurant) but still , funny??? (they look funny) , solid competitors??? again another (one of them said and i quote "I REFUSE TO RUN") thats a very solid competitor...its a race you have to hustle a little bit, rude...thats about the only thing they are good at...its very manly of them to call Mirna a B*tch from a moving car, i guess they dont have enough balls to call her a B*itch in front of her face!

Team Dough Boys

by the way, im not hating on you for liking them, odds are out of the 11.11 million people watching TAR someone has to like em...in theory...

they remind me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy...
    Don't insult Peter... I like him But ITA, and team dough boys seems perfect for these guys.

its very manly of them to call Mirna a B*tch from a moving car, i guess they dont have enough balls to call her a B*itch in front of her face!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID... thank you!!!

(one of them said and i quote "I REFUSE TO RUN") thats a very solid competitor...its a race you have to hustle a little bit
    Well, it worked for them, it's not like they were "racing" with another team to get the bandanna off a cow first.
    its very manly of them to call Mirna a B*tch from a moving car, i guess they dont have enough balls to call her a B*itch in front of her face!
    I can totally imagine the backlash these two would get if they called Mirna a b*tch to her face. Damned either way, so why bother?

By the way, I totally agree with you, joeguy.
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread