+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshall & Lance

I find these guys completely lacking in street smarts, people skills, courage, craftiness...okay, well pretty much everything. The fact that they're two grown men who've never learned how to change a tire just shows how adverse they are to doing the dirty work. Yelling out "b!tch" from 100 feet away just about sums up how spineless they are. They had all morning to call out Charla & Mirna to their faces. I also find it pathetic that they are aiming to be next to last. How much lazier, uncompetitive can you get?

I thought that they stooped so low with that "bitch" remark. I was really hoping that they would come in last. Loved the look on their faces when everyone got the white centered choc in front of them. I wish that they'd spent another hour looking for white centered choc. I don't know why they still have that "we are much better than you" attitude with everyone. I hope these jerks lose in the next leg of the race!
    Last edited by amna; 07-22-2004 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    I also find it pathetic that they are aiming to be next to last. How much lazier, uncompetitive can you get?
    I really, really do not want to say anything nice about the Potty Boys, but when they mentioned that their race strategy was to always beat one team, I thought that is not bad. They focus all their energy on that leg with the goal to always beat one team. That strategy might also bite them in the butt. Didn't Phil mention that the last team in was going to have all there money taken away. Has this happened yet?

TO restate I do not want these guys to win.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    Ok basically no one likes this team, they are idiots, horrible racers, in the back of the back and extremelly unlucky since karma probably bit them in ass. This team has practically nothing so I hope they enjoy elimination soon

No, there's a few of us who appreciate these guys for who (and what) they are: intelligent, funny, solid competitors, and yes, quite rude. I don't know that I'd want them as neighbors or brothers-in-law, but I do enjoy watching them on The Amazing Race. They do keep things interesting.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I really, really do not want to say anything nice about the Potty Boys, but when they mentioned that their race strategy was to always beat one team, I thought that is not bad. They focus all their energy on that leg with the goal to always beat one team. That strategy might also bite them in the butt. Didn't Phil mention that the last team in was going to have all there money taken away. Has this happened yet?

TO restate I do not want these guys to win.
    That is a pretty good strategy for pretty stupid people but there is no way you can guarentee that because if you are way behind, you cant keep track of teams. You don't use your money on every leg, just on the non elimination legs that youa re last in

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    No, there's a few of us who appreciate these guys for who (and what) they are: intelligent, funny, solid competitors, and yes, quite rude. I don't know that I'd want them as neighbors or brothers-in-law, but I do enjoy watching them on The Amazing Race. They do keep things interesting.
    well when I said no one, I was overexagerating a little bit. Of course a few people like them out of all these fans and sorry if I offended people, and you know what, sometimes they do some pretty fun stuff but you can tell they enjoy nothing in the race and they dont respect any of the racers either.

Captain of the World
    I think the problem with most people who don't like Marshal and Lance is that they don't understand that teams like this are needed to drive the show.

If everyone were a Bob and Joyce or a Bowling Moms or a team that everyone liked, the show would be boring.

You have to have good contrast. The Chip and the twins battle isn't nearly as amusing as the pizza bros and Charla and Mirna. Can you imagine how boring the race would be if everyone helped everyone and said nice things about each other. Snooze fest.

One of the reasons Survivor is so highly rated is because of their conflicting characters.

TAR is by far more entertaining than Survivor, but the conflicts are not as obvious. People tune in to watch either people they love or people they hate.

They don't tune in if they are indifferent.

Love them or hate them Marshal and Lance are good for the show because they have created conflict with Charla and Mirna.

Just as Charla and Mirna are good for the show because they have created conflict with other racers.

That is why they brought Alison and Donny, they knew from her escapades on BB that she would create conflict, although she didn't have time to create much except with Donny.

I woudln't hang out with Marshal and Lance, but I would eat at their Pizza Place and I would love to sit and chat with them.

Thats all I have to say about that.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    well when I said no one, I was overexagerating a little bit. Of course a few people like them out of all these fans and sorry if I offended people, and you know what, sometimes they do some pretty fun stuff but you can tell they enjoy nothing in the race and they dont respect any of the racers either.

Honestly, it looks to me that the brothers are having the time of their lives. With the possible exception of Mirna & Charla, I'd say that nobody is having more fun out there than these two guys.

As for not respecting anyone out there, well, they came to win. They don't take things nearly as personal as many of the other teams (I haven't really seen either of them get angry). I honestly think that they are misunderstood by many in this forum.

OK, some of us are just going to have to agree to disagree with respect to the Marshall/Lance and Charla/Mirna teams. There's pages and pages of crap about how M&L are jerks and how C&M are sneaky liars, and c'mon guys, it's getting kinda boring. I'm as guilty as anyone else. I hereby resolve henceforth to cheer for my favourites and not make any more derogatory comments in threads for the teams I dislike.

So this really ought to be my last post in this thread.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    I think the problem with most people who don't like Marshal and Lance is that they don't understand that teams like this are needed to drive the show.

If everyone were a Bob and Joyce or a Bowling Moms or a team that everyone liked, the show would be boring.

You have to have good contrast. The Chip and the twins battle isn't nearly as amusing as the pizza bros and Charla and Mirna. Can you imagine how boring the race would be if everyone helped everyone and said nice things about each other. Snooze fest.

One of the reasons Survivor is so highly rated is because of their conflicting characters.

TAR is by far more entertaining than Survivor, but the conflicts are not as obvious. People tune in to watch either people they love or people they hate.

They don't tune in if they are indifferent.

Love them or hate them Marshal and Lance are good for the show because they have created conflict with Charla and Mirna.

Just as Charla and Mirna are good for the show because they have created conflict with other racers.

That is why they brought Alison and Donny, they knew from her escapades on BB that she would create conflict, although she didn't have time to create much except with Donny.

I woudln't hang out with Marshal and Lance, but I would eat at their Pizza Place and I would love to sit and chat with them.

Thats all I have to say about that.
    Exactly. That's why I wanted Ali and Donny to stay in the race. I love complaining about the racer, not to get into a fight or anything but because it's fun debating. I dont say all this to get on someone's bad side, but I love hearing other opinions. And I totally agree, as much as people love to love people, I watch to see the people I LOVE to hate. It would be absolutely funny if everyone was Bob and Joyces.

Imagine this. "Charla: I'm kind of tired and don't feel like running now, but we are last and the finish line is right there. Marshall, would you be a dear and stop for a little so we can pass you and win.

Marshall: Why of course. But first lets hug because we both had a great race.

*light fades as they walk holding hands and crossing the finish line together*

OMG I think I just cracked myself up. Wouldnt that be hilarious?

+ Reply to Thread