+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Linda & Karen

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I guess that they never showed it so who knows. I guess that's a great question to give to John when they are eliminated. I was surprised, they were the only team that was just horrible at the tango task. They had 3 tries?

Well, our Amazing Host seems to think that the money-changing incident was deliberate on Linda & Karen's part. In his video Diary on the CBS website, Phil says:
    Jim & Marsha getting bad information from the Bowling Moms: um, I always like to see how the other teams are going to play with other teams, and how much the teams are going to trust them, and then how that’s gonna eventually come back to haunt them. I mean - not that I’m promising anything - but I’m just saying that it’s always interesting how karma affects the race and teams that kinda play a little, uh, dirty with information… [shrug] Sometimes that works. I just like to see when they make the choice to give wrong information and then who they choose to use it on. And the Bowling Moms, man, are unbelievably competitive. Anybody who can bowl 300 in a bowling alley, you know they’re competitive. People look at them and think, “Oh they’re just some bowling moms. We don’t have to worry about some bowling moms.” You gotta worry about the Bowling Moms.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm guessing that they might have been saving the reaction from the moms for a future episode (like maybe tonight).
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Can someone tell me why they couldn't have gotten some attractive bowling moms?

As a mom, I would like to see the moms saying things like "we're going to flirt to get ahead!"

Moms of the world unite!
    Shaken, not stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by martini

As a mom, I would like to see the moms saying things like "we're going to flirt to get ahead!"

Moms of the world unite!
    As a fat middle aged woman, I'm glad the Moms are the way they are!
    I'm really glad to see some chunky gals that aren't in such horrible shape that they're always dragging way behind. And what's to stop them from flirting if they so choose? Believe it or not, it works for "us" too, not just the cute girls!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

That's mean! They are nice bowling moms and they seem like very good people so it doesn't matter about their figure, especially at their age. I'm still a bit mad about their trickery but they ran a pretty decent race and it was nice to see the parchuting with them and how she overcame her fears!

According to Marsha in her interview with John, she more or less lets Linda & Karen off the hook about the money exchange incident. I'm willing to give the moms the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Did the bowling Moms tell just you about exchanging the money, or was it a group discussion, and how much time did exchanging your US money set you back?

Marsha: Actually, I overheard them talking to a local, saying "oh, we have to exchange money? The cabs won't take US currency?" and so on. Since I'd overheard it, I considered it good information. The line was out the door at the exchange, but we talked a guy into letting us cut in line almost to the front, so we really didn't lose much time at all. As for whether the moms were deliberately deceiving us, we still don't know, but we assume they weren't being malicious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    As a fat middle aged woman, I'm glad the Moms are the way they are!
    I'm really glad to see some chunky gals that aren't in such horrible shape that they're always dragging way behind. And what's to stop them from flirting if they so choose? Believe it or not, it works for "us" too, not just the cute girls!
    I agree 100% with this queenb! It is so refreshing to see 'real' people on the Amazing Race after watching all the models that were cast for BB5.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I have let the moms off the hook since they overheard it according to her so I don't think it was meant to be bad or anything and Jim and Marsha agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by martini

Moms of the world unite!
    I suppose what constitutes attractiveness is truly subjective. Before the race began, I'd initially concluded that Linda was one mom I wouldn't mind doing anything short of the tango with, and I've seen nothing to change that assessment. She has an infectious smile, at least to my eye, and the smile seems to derive from the fact that she is actually enjoying herself, rather than something worn for camera effect.

I knew I liked her, and Karen comes with the package, but it is only NOW, with the elimination of Jim and Marsha as well as Bob and Joyce that I can truly consider them my favorites in this race.

+ Reply to Thread