+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda & Karen

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    Dagwood I posted the exact same thing a few posts before you! They do remind me of Steve and Dave especially the clip where they were playing bowling
    I know. I just posted and didn't read. Oh well...I guess great minds think alike.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by ravs
    I'm going against the opinion here but I find these 2 pretty boring. I agree that they will probably be philiminated early.
    Ravs, I agree w/you! I bet they are one of the first teams to go buh-bye.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey
    Wow, short bios!

I like the whole "bowling mom" thing, but I just don't see them doing well. I hope they can make it somewhat far.

these women won't last long at all

As someone said earlier, two overweight middle aged moms with limited travel experience? Not a chance in heck of winning. They better at least be entertaining. If they are entertaining by being bumbling and incompetent, that would be ok.

Eric

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Second team to go for me.

TAR is a whole different level of competition that bowling and fishing together. They will have to work together while travelling, performing very risky activities, and being far from their normal environment. Bowling usually requires each of them to perform their best on an individual level in order to win as a team. Although TAR requires the same personal best, the dynamic of the competition is entirely different. I will find it interesting to see who takes the leadership role and how the other responds.

probably they'll have the same fate as gina and sylvia
    All good things come to an end.

I'm with the folks who say that just being on TAR is an accomplishment. I'm also not speculating on who'll do well or who'll finish first necessarily, but it does seem like those with lower fitness levels are at a disadvantage.

What do you all think about stress levels, as factored into the game? Do you think teams do better when they're generally stressed or generally tranquil? Some of the infighting teams seemed to have wind-down periods, too, so I'm not sure if this question can be easily speculated on.

While I think they may work well together, and will be fun to watch, I can't really see them in the later stages of the race.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Watching the team introductions, Linda reminded me of the sweet Kathy Bates in "Misery." I'd be surprised if Linda had an evil side like Kathy Bates did, but if she has a spunky side, this team could do well.

+ Reply to Thread