+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Linda & Karen

I don't like this twist because I can't forsee them finding away to overcome the handicap of no money. They could have at least let them keep the money they had on them.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Yeah, I agree that this twist does put Linda and Karen at a distinct disadvantage. Even before getting a cab, for example, they'll have to raise the money first. But I suppose that people would be more likely to give them some cash if the camera is on them.
    'A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.' - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Maybe they can talk Chip into giving them a few bucks; he's been helping everyone else!
    HAHA queenb that is a good one .. and yes I could see Chip "Helpin' some bowling Mom's out!"

The Mom's got the short end of the stick ... but at least they are still in the race! Zero dollars in a foreign country is better than being Philiminated!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Count me in as another who doesn't like this no money twist. For such a classy show, I'm surprised TAR would resort to essentially forcing its contestants to beg and hitch their way through a third world country. They could've easily come up with a different penalty for surviving a NEL- have Linda & Karen earn their travel funds by working on a local farm, or give the other teams an extra 30 minute head start during the next leg.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Add me to the list and my wife, neither one of us liked that they are going to have to be to get to the next pit stop. that sucks bigtime.

I really hope the Moms can find a way to do this; I'd love to see them shock the other teams by making it to the next checkpoint in a better position! I wonder if they might have some extra clothes or shoes they might sell more easily and for more money than the pens and stuff; I keep thinking about how easily Rupert on Survivor was able to trade those shoes for things he needed!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I'm not real keen on the idea of Americans begging in a poor country. As if we don't already have a bad reputation with the rest of the world...
    Maybe they will get lucky & find other Americans, or other tourists at least, that can give them a few bucks. I would feel weird begging from the locals, if it were me.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Yeah, I'm not real keen on the idea of Americans begging in a poor country. As if we don't already have a bad reputation with the rest of the world...
    Maybe they will get lucky & find other Americans, or other tourists at least, that can give them a few bucks. I would feel weird begging from the locals, if it were me.
    There was an incident in an earlier TAR were a team had lost its money, (it was either TAR or and episode of Lost) and they made a sign saying that they needed airfare to get back home and they begged for money in the airport and they got it.

I also think with all the tourists in Eqypt they will be able to get the funds. I agreed that begging from the poor locals is not good form. But not all locals are poor. The moms need to target other tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    There was an incident in an earlier TAR were a team had lost its money, (it was either TAR or and episode of Lost) and they made a sign saying that they needed airfare to get back home and they begged for money in the airport and they got it.

I also think with all the tourists in Eqypt they will be able to get the funds. I agreed that begging from the poor locals is not good form. But not all locals are poor. The moms need to target other tourists.
    It was on "Lost". In AR, airfare is absolutely free!!! (CBS pays for it)
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    Yeah, I agree that this twist does put Linda and Karen at a distinct disadvantage.
    That's kinda the point, isn't it? By all rights, they should have been eliminated. I've always hated non-eliminated rounds (they've always struck me as very lame). At least this way, there is some sort of penalty attached, as there certainly should be.

Now, having said that, I'll be rooting for the "Bowling Moms" to last a little longer. They're decent enough, plus if they can survive this handicap, they deserve a reprieve. Like I said, that's the point.

+ Reply to Thread