+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 119 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin & Christie

Captain of the World
    I don't particularly think using the FF was smart, though.
    I too bounced back and fourth on this one. It was great to get a 12 hour or so lead on the other teams but chances are they are just going to have to wait somewhere. The previews showed Colin fighting with Mirna so we know they end up together again.

However, because there are only two FF in this race you may as well take the opportunity away from another team, now all the other teams have only 1 FF left to fight over.

Colin is by far running the best race. The guy is very intense and although they are not my fav. team I give them all the credit in the world, he is one smart racer.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Not a very entertaining team, great move on the early flight though I'm sure it gave them some time to rest up since they have to stay awake all night long during their headstart.

I just wish I saw a little more humbleness or excitement about getting ahead. There is nothing that is making me want to root for them at all. I'm sure my opinion would change if they somehow ended up at the back of the pack and worked forward again.

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I believe it made sense to use the fast forward. Seeing as there are only two, you might as well build upon the time advantage you already have, hoping some of it sticks. It also keeps the others from benefiting. As to the possibilty that you won't be able to use it later if need be, I figure if you are in the position of desparately needing it down the line, it probably won't be there for you to use anyway.

When you're in the middle of a bad streak, it is unlikely that something good like a fast forward will be awaiting you.

FORT Fan
    I actually did not really like them at the start, but upon seeing how competitive they have been in the past 2/3 episodes, I am starting to like them. Plus, they do bicker occasionally, and i like to watch bickerings so yah... I am starting to like them.

Anyway, yep, lets say Charla&Mirna departs at 7am and Colin&Christie at 12midnight...probably the next task opens only at about 8am. Well, too bad they lost the lead(although I like Charla&Mirna) cause they certainly deserve the lead.

It was a no-brainer for them to go for the fast forward this leg of the race. Like others have said before with only two this season there is only a small chance you might be the first one to the next (and only other) FF later in the race.

Although the BIG lead they had at the end of this leg probably won't hold up (because of the great equalizers like hours of operations for Roadblocks) Colin & Christie ran a great leg last night. Catching that early flight was very smart on their part. This is not to say they won't make a blunder in the future, but teams that think ahead like that tend to do well in the race.

I started off with very little opinion of these two, but they have started to grow on me. Although they don't hold a candle to Chip & Kim I still enjoy watching Colin & Christie on TAR.
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Hello. First time poster long time lurker here. This team amuses me a great deal. I hope I wasn't the only one who busted out laughing when they were aruging when carrying that casket and the priest guy was looking on shaking his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Caponedawg
    Hello. First time poster long time lurker here. This team amuses me a great deal. I hope I wasn't the only one who busted out laughing when they were aruging when carrying that casket and the priest guy was looking on shaking his head.
    Yeap that was funny, just hope it was not editing. It's amazing how somethings are communicated without language.

JR.
    I think it was a bad idea to use the FF. They had a good lead to begin with, and the race is not even half over. Way too early, there will be many more equalizers to come.

FORT Regular
    I really like this team. They seem to have good heads on their shoulders and they're running this race very smartly most of the time.

The guy shaking his head at them made me laugh, but I was groaning inside when I saw them bickering so close to the guy! I wanted to scream at them to save their arguing in the on the ferry ride back and just get the darn clue! It's prolly not much time, but in a race, I think every second matters. Who knows how much time they lost riding that ferry two times more than necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I think it was a bad idea to use the FF. They had a good lead to begin with, and the race is not even half over. Way too early, there will be many more equalizers to come.
    I think that using FF was a great move for them. Let's face it, the Egypt challenge was gruelling. Lucky for annoying Charla and Mirna to do the Camel thing. That big lead is an advantage because the hours that they supposed to spend doing tasks would be used for resting and sightseeing.

I have faith in this team and I'm actually rooting for them...

Hope to see them win because they are the only team who uses their head before hitting the race!

Way to go, Christie and Colin!
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

+ Reply to Thread