+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

FORT Regular
    I was really routing for these 2, but last night did me in. I found their never stopping complaining and whining too much. Mirna's "I'm dying" at the goat/sheep challenge seemed so petty when compared to the 2 brothers (who I have not liked since the beginning) and their painful attempt at finishing.

While, I find Charla and Mirna entertaining, I won't be too upset when they are finally eliminated.

My ox is broken. Colin in TAR5

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLoo
    While, I find Charla and Mirna entertaining, I won't be too upset when they are finally eliminated.
    My sentiment as well, LauraLoo. Mirna could have been eliminated on the first leg and it wouldn't have troubled me, but seeing as Charna wanted to prove her capabilities, I'm glad they've lasted to this point. However, Charna has now eliminated any lingering preconception that being a little person automatically signifies any inability to compete on a level playing field, and having accomplished that, I wouldn't get teary eyed if they were to be eliminated, though I'm not chanting for it to occur.

Charla made none of my favorite comments last night "THIS one is the bad one" , referring to her little goat nemisis.

Charla appears to be capable of chiding Mirna to hurry as well, glad to see it isn't one sided. It was a little surprising to hear Charla say she was afraid of the goats, I hadn't thought that anything would get her goat.

Mirna spitting wasn't exactly ladylike, but then again, Mirna isn't exactly a lady.

FORT Fogey
    Mirna does get on a person's nerves, but her and Charla are the ultimate underdog story. They are also funny as hell, unendingly devoted to each other (in a loud, sometimes hostile sort of way) and generally fun to root for. I don't really think it will happen, but I would love to see them win. (With the brothers gone, Chip & Kim are my second choice).

My favorite scene was Charla almost strolling down that tunnel underground that everyone else had so much trouble with!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Taking a mub bath CluelessPenguin's Avatar
    I don't mind Charla but I can't stand whiny Mirna at all! Rude and obnoxious! But I have to agree what she said about Colin and his dominant nature, urgh.... the way he stares at Christie is F R E A K Y!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Mirna spitting wasn't exactly ladylike, but then again, Mirna isn't exactly a lady.
    Not to excuse her, but their families emigrated from Syria when they were both young children. They probably grew up with Syrian culture at home and perhaps spitting like that is cultural for them.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessPenguin
    I don't mind Charla but I can't stand whiny Mirna at all! Rude and obnoxious! But I have to agree what she said about Colin and his dominant nature, urgh.... the way he stares at Christie is F R E A K Y!
    Mirna is really getting on my nerves, She really needs a attitude adjustment, I really hope that their groups gets eliminated next
    Bubbles Tea

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Blech. I can't wait for this team to be gone. I'm so sick of the exorbitant footage of them in each episode.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Blech. I can't wait for this team to be gone. I'm so sick of the exorbitant footage of them in each episode.
    Organized corporate pity and condecension ("poor Charla, overcoming yadda yadda yadda, can do anything anyone else yadda yadda") makes for good ratings, they figure. Perhaps now that people have seen what a jerk Mirna is, they feel even sorrier for Charla (not that's she's a saint either).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan
    My two cents:

I felt that C&M going for the taxi was not that a big deal, regardless of whether they know Colin&Christie was still 'reserving' the cab or not. If they knew it, they are being competitive(but some people might take it as taking things too far, but IMO, i always find competitiveness can be spread across a wide range of actions. I mean its a race as most people will say.) If they do not know that Colin&Christie was still 'reserving' the cab, then there is nothing wrong at all.

Stepping out of the taxi and after being told by the taxi driver that they were not allowed in the taxi was also right. I mean they did not refuse to barge out of the taxi after all right?

However, I must admit calling Colin a maniac and spitting on the floor(especially the spitting) was perhaps too overboard. If they do not did these 2 things, I certainly will not fault them on anything.

Nonetheless, go Charla&Mirna. Today, they had no airplane lead over the other teams and when everything goes square off, and plain skills(or luck sometimes too....) at detour and roadblock is required, their physical capabilities might cause them to get eliminated. I think this episode shows how vulnerable Charla&Mirna is, after fine finishings in all the past legs IMO.

+ Reply to Thread