+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1064

Thread: Charla & Mirna

  1. #481
    FORT Regular bwolpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I still swear it was the other way around. I remember Charla screaming "we can make it, Mirna.. we can make it!"
    I don't remember it that way. I'm pretty sure Mirna was the one who thought (correctly) that they could make it to the camels in time.
    Peace is Patriotic

  2. #482
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,122
    Quote Originally Posted by bwolpert
    What I mean is that Mirna speaks up for herself and stands up for herself. She doesn't take things lying down, and she doesn't care what other people think of her. She's self-confident. She won't back down from a situation because it might be rude or embarrassing. Another person brought up the situation with Bob in the airport. Some people (myself, included) would have been afraid to confront him about moving the bag.
    Confronting Bob about a bag in the airport was nonsense. You do not leave your bag unattended at an airport. In any case Bob is the one who was worried about pissing Mirna off. She already has a reputation in the group.

  3. #483
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,040
    I don't think Mirna's that bad, she's just intense and never afraid to back down for anything or anybody, she says it like she sees it. It's an obvious thing that Colin and the brothers hate her, but then again, looking at those three, it's not a surprise. The brothers hate pretty much everything, and Colin has been behaving like a jerk pretty often, so it's no surprise they hate the girl who's willing to stand up to them and not take any of their crap.

    I don't think Christie hates Mirna, I think she's just annoyed with Mirna's behavior. And so far I haven't seen anything to indicate the other teams hating Mirna and Charla, not even Bob and joyce after that incident at the airport, so I'm not buying the whole "everybody hates Charla and Mirna" thing.

    As for why Colin and the brothers hate Charla, I got no idea, seeing as I haven't seen anything about her that could've made them angry, other than the fact that she's proving to be as tough or even tougher than them. I get this weird vibe that these three guys couldn't live with themselves if a little person outlasted them in the race.

  4. #484
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyprincess

    ...However, I feel sad to think about the end of the race. IF they are in the final 2, Charla's shorter legs are really going to hinder this team. Every TAR we've seen (as far as I can remember) has come down at the very end to a running race between 2 teams (correct me if I"m wrong). There is no way Charla could win in a foot race with another team. I would hate for this to be the case if they can make it all the way to the end...

    There is always a lot of running, asking for directions, finding your way, and running some more at the end of the race. But, only once did a faster, more fit team overtake a slower team at the very end. Certainly, Charla & Mirna would have to make smart decisions and preferably not get lost at all (while driving or running) in the final leg in order to have a chance. They would definitely need to build up a lead- Charla isn't going to out-sprint anybody.

    However (and as much as I like Charla & Mirna) I don't think that any special considerations or accommodations should be made for Charla's lack of speed.

  5. #485
    FORT Fan fairyprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    CT
    Age
    45
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    There is always a lot of running, asking for directions, finding your way, and running some more at the end of the race. But, only once did a faster, more fit team overtake a slower team at the very end. Certainly, Charla & Mirna would have to make smart decisions and preferably not get lost at all (while driving or running) in the final leg in order to have a chance. They would definitely need to build up a lead- Charla isn't going to out-sprint anybody.

    However (and as much as I like Charla & Mirna) I don't think that any special considerations or accommodations should be made for Charla's lack of speed.

    You're right about them making wise decisions during the last leg of the race. I hope they can come into the last leg with a lead and won't have to worry about a foot race.

    As far as special considerations for Charla and her not being able to run fast, I never meant that I thought anything should be done for her. That would be blatantly unfair. I agree with you on that one.
    FP

  6. #486
    Hyper Future Vision gaebolga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Zalem. Or Tiphares. Take your pick...
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    ...so it's no surprise they hate the girl who's willing to stand up to them and not take any of their crap.
    But it's not okay for Colin to stand up for himself and not take any of Mirna's crap? She acted exactly like a social bully in the bus station: nobody matters but Mirna, and God help anyone who says otherwise or gets in the way. Screw that! She's a petty, evil bitch, and when she got a taste of her own medicine, she called the spoon a criminal.

    I deeply resent that she breathes the air some some other combination of her parents' gametes might have been able to use. Why, oh why couldn't that one particular sperm have gotten an incapacitating cramp in the flagellum?

  7. #487
    FORT Newbie triciac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    But it's not okay for Colin to stand up for himself and not take any of Mirna's crap? She acted exactly like a social bully in the bus station: nobody matters but Mirna, and God help anyone who says otherwise or gets in the way. Screw that! She's a petty, evil bitch, and when she got a taste of her own medicine, she called the spoon a criminal

    I totally agree with you, that she can give it but not take it, I really can not stand a person like that. If you can dish it out, you better be able to handle what is thrown back at you.

  8. #488
    FORT Fogey Leftcoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by bwolpert
    What I mean is that Mirna speaks up for herself and stands up for herself. She doesn't take things lying down, and she doesn't care what other people think of her. She's self-confident. She won't back down from a situation because it might be rude or embarrassing. Another person brought up the situation with Bob in the airport. Some people (myself, included) would have been afraid to confront him about moving the bag.
    Valid point, bwolpert. I imagine, like you, I would rather not take on someone over something seemingly as small as a bag. The traits you attribute to Mirna are among those that at times I wish I shared to a larger degree, but watching Mirna also shows that while these traits may be helpful from time to time, they aren't always perceived as personable.

    Remembering it is a game, Mirna is probably right in her stance, but she may win the cash, and you've said yourself, she couldn't care less what the others think about her. If Phil offers a tsk tsk though, I wonder whether she'll suddenly show a kinder, gentler side.

  9. #489
    FORT Fogey Leftcoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by bwolpert
    I don't remember it that way. I'm pretty sure Mirna was the one who thought (correctly) that they could make it to the camels in time.
    I would have really liked seeing a timestamp of just when it actually was that they made it to the camel and horse caravan.

    The more I think about that, the more I convince myself that the camel clan was prompted to stick around past closing time. The show knows where everyone is, I imagine, and Charla/Mirna were the only ones in a position to take on that particular task that day, other than Colin and Christie, who passed.

    There are certain businesses that I can see closing as the clock reaches the specific moment in time indicated for closing, but camel land doesn't fit that image in my mind. Without actual riders in the last 20 minutes or so, they would of been packing up to head out. Charla and Mirna were given a break by the show, IMO, though I can see them completing the task of moving the blocks, even if Charla had to carry the blocks, as well as Mirna on her back.

  10. #490
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I would have really liked seeing a timestamp of just when it actually was that they made it to the camel and horse caravan.
    I could be wrong, but I believed they showed one.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.