+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    It was not her cell phone, it was the taxi driver's. She had asked him if she could use it (probably offered him a bit of money for allowing her to use it), and he allowed her to. Yet another showing that Mirna was extremely effective on doing the best she possibly could to get the best possible flights.
    Actually, I just watched the show and Mirna did offer him a dollar to let her use the phone.

I guess the lesson we should learn from this is that it isn't worth separating yourself from the pack for just a half hour lead.

Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    I must say, however, that I couldn't figure out why--when they were in last place and the furniture task was so physical and bound to take longer--they didn't do the bee thing. I didn't hear either of them say that they were phobic about bees, and it was basically a scary but quick and doable task. I'll bet if they had sucked it up and done that detour they wouldn't have been eliminated.
    Very good point. I hadn't thought about that. I noticed that no teams did the bee task, but you're right, Charla and Mirna should have done that if they were trying not to be eliminated.
    Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Phil seemed genuinely choked up telling Charla how well she did "for little people" at the elimination ceremony. They weren't my favorite team, and Mirna did too much whining, but I think they did a great job competing against the odds and were supportive of each other.
    Yes, I noticed Phil fight back tears during Charla's speech. I have only watched the last two seasons of TAR. Has he ever cried (or almost cried) before, or is this a Phil-first?
    Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by tarworld
    One of my biggest pet peaves are those people in life that confuse and blur the line between confidence with arrogance. The difference is humility and humbleness. Colin & Christie and Brandon and Nicole could use a healthy dose of the last two, because they are over the top with arrogance. I'm over Brandon & Nicole's hypocritical christianity (modeling = vanity, which is not becoming of someone soooooo devoted to God (trust me, my promise-keeper brother tells me so)).

I completely agree with you. Arrogance is the worst possible trait in a human being, and I've known way too many arrogant people in my life, so I'm quite the expert. The thing I find most arrogant is every time Brandon asks the lord to help him win this race: "Lord, please help refuel this bus..." Every time I hear him asking for the Lord's help, I think "how arrogant is it to assume the lord should help you do this meaningless thing, when there are so many people in the world who really really need His help!!!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now too.
    Peace is Patriotic

marcvs
    Yesterday was a sad day for me. Mirna and Charla were out of the Amazing Race.
    Anyway Congratulation Charla and Mirna for getting this far in the Amazing Race 5.

markus

a lot of Charla fans are sorry to see her go.. Hopefully you'll find another team to root for and continue to post here with us
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think i may have the kiss of death, after years of lurking here I sign up to chime my support for these two and they get eliminated.

hmm... maybe now I should route for Colin and Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanto
    I think i may have the kiss of death, after years of lurking here I sign up to chime my support for these two and they get eliminated.

hmm... maybe now I should route for Colin and Christie.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

FORT Newbie
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE CHARLA AND MIRNA WHERE ELIMINATED ON EPI 7. It happend so fast, i still could not believe up until now. I was sitting on the sofa and watched it with no worry that they will be eliminated, and the fact that i believed it was a non-elimination leg! I was so surprised when Phil said he was sorry!

Oh my! i love Charla and Mirna! They are great! They are the best teams in the season, in the entire AMAZING RACE SEASON!

I hate CHRISTIE! SHe's a female dog! I couldnt believe she blocked them on the airport entrance! How immature of her to do that, and gossiping it to Kami and Karli! When i saw them talking about what Christie did, its like back in high school when group of liberated young girls who think they are beautiful is making fun of someone who is not on their level. ARRRRGGGG! How i wish the BOWLING MOMS WIN THIS!

I still couldnt believe oh my god. Why is it not a non-elim! I think theyre planning to have the last non-elim leg when the teams are down to three, and i dont think its a good idea. Its not good to see that a team lost the non-elim round when they are down to three and won the amazing race on the last leg, it's just unfair to the team who won the non-elim!

Oh my, CHARLA AND MIRNA, i hope you guys are okay and over it. I hope GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU! i hope for you guys to be happy with your lives. ANd if there will be a AMAZING RACE ALL-STARS, i hope you win it!

Quote Originally Posted by bwolpert
    Yes, I noticed Phil fight back tears during Charla's speech. I have only watched the last two seasons of TAR. Has he ever cried (or almost cried) before, or is this a Phil-first?
    I remember during Season 5 Ep 5, the first non el leg when Linda and Karen came in last, Phil was fighting back his emotions to tell them that they were stripped off of their money, nothing else that i can remember though
    All good things come to an end.

Charla and Mirna were one of my fave teams. I knew they wouldn't ultimately win, but I was sorry to see them eliminated. They really should have done the bees given Charla's slowness.

Yes, Mirna became very defensive and spiteful to some of the other players, and I suspect (based on Charla's tvguide interview) that it was largely due to her perception that Charla was being slighted.

Really, from day 1, the alpha male teams seemed entirely disinterested in alligning with them in any way. I really don't care that the pizza bros and obnoxious C&C don't like them because I dislike all 4 of them. The only other team to express dislike was the twins, who C&C obviously were working over in a stupid play to get one team to lose -- rather than just doing their best in the race. Ironically, C&C had to follow Mirna's lead in the first plane tickets and rely on luck that Mirna's second earlier plane be delayed.

Spiteful behavior is stupid and self-defeating. Colin and Christie got so worked up in their dislike that it was crazy. I did think Mirna should have turned the other cheek rather than rub it in their faces, but that clearly wasn't her style. That was her main problem, imo.

Oh well, go bowling moms or Chip/wife.

I’m part of the minority here that likes both Charla and Mirna. Mirna has her flaws, but deserves credit as one of the stronger strategizers in the race. The bowling moms realized Mirna’s knack for finding faster flight times and trusted their fate in the game to her. I think Mirna is a strong competitor, but not necessarily a strong racer. She’s a lawyer and seems like a strong type A personality who expects to work fast/efficiently and win. But she’s almost useless in the challenges due to her lack of physical strength/endurance and tendency to be easily grossed-out. I don’t think she is necessarily whiny, she just seems impatient which probably stems from the rush-rush highly demanding nature of her lawyer job.

Rab
    Mirna knew a couple of different laguages and it helped her in S. America and Egypt. Not once did I see her as the bitch or get physical like Colin and Christie. Blocking doorways? That was so immature. Charla should've spit in Christie's face.

RIP C&M. There goes your screen time.

im so sad when Charla and Mirna were eliminated... they were my favorite teams in this race.i really believe they have what it takes to win TAR 5.... and i also admire Charla's spirit and determination...

who will i be rooting for this time now that Charla and Mirna are eliminated???

well,maybe chip and kim ...at first when they tried to steal the twins cab i hated chip so much...but after that episode in egypt he redeemed himself...so maybe chip...or the twins...although most of the time these girls are very much clueless ... i think it would be a really big surprise when the twins end on top...or maybe Brandon and Nicole...although its very irritating to watch them everytime they say that they're asking for Gods help...they're christians...blahblahblah...yo u know when you're a religious person...you dont have to brag about it everytime like these two are doing...they should let their actions speak about their religiousness rather than verbalizing it in worldwide television every episode
    angeL

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    I’m part of the minority here that likes both Charla and Mirna. Mirna has her flaws, but deserves credit as one of the stronger strategizers in the race. The bowling moms realized Mirna’s knack for finding faster flight times and trusted their fate in the game to her. I think Mirna is a strong competitor, but not necessarily a strong racer. She’s a lawyer and seems like a strong type A personality who expects to work fast/efficiently and win. But she’s almost useless in the challenges due to her lack of physical strength/endurance and tendency to be easily grossed-out. I don’t think she is necessarily whiny, she just seems impatient which probably stems from the rush-rush highly demanding nature of her lawyer job.
    I'm part of the same minority. Now that they're gone, I will be rooting for only Linda/Karen or Chip/Kim to win. And, if both those team are eliminated, I'll probably stop watching this season since I really don't enjoy seeing really bad behavior rewarded.

FORT Newbie
    Hi evrybody: ^___^

I just want to say that as a gay man.
    Charla and Mirna inspired me even more than Reichen & Chip on the last season.
    It was a real disappointment to see them eliminated this week.
    Love them!! Charla always gives me goose pumps, in a good way!!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by trigger
    So it's ok for the others to make a "team" and win tickets so that the moms and Charla& Mirna wouldn't get tickets?

PLUS, it's just a game - anyone would have done that. At least I think C&C would. =/
    I believe you are comparing apples and oranges. In my opinion it is perfectly OK for the others to make a "team" to try and eliminate another team. They were four teams with common goal, to win the race. What Mirna did was blatantly cast dispersions on the character of her fellow competitors (There's a shocker, she's only done that the entire game). To tell someone in a foreign country that "these Americans are violent" is inexcusable in my book and might have had serious repercussions. What goes around comes around and her bad karma came back to bite them in the a$$.

Let the stoning of Trapper begin.

Trap

FORT Fogey
    It's official: I'm starting to lose interest in TAR5. First the brothers go, then the cousins. The only team left in the game that I really care about is Chip & Kim; if they are eliminated within the next couple of episodes, I'll probably quit watching.

Oh well, there's always next season.

Hope this hasn't been mentioned before. Anyway in next weeks (August 22 - 28) TV Guide p 29 there is a interview with Charla.

Love you Charla. Little People all the way.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    That is perfect of what you said . That is exactly how i think, I mean, these two are great mentally,making them tough competition. but just at a phyiscal disadvantage. What you said about Mirna, I feel 100% the same way.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread