+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

Captain of the World
    Many many men have told their slower female partner to move faster, and very often in much less kinder terms. Mirna does have to be a bit aggressive, because she has to be the "stronger" partner in many ways that are usually filled by men. I thought Colin was far more in the wrong to snap at Mirna, than she was for "interrupting."
    While I agree that Colin could have been a little more civil about it, Mirna should have just stood their until he was done. I rewatched it last night and it was very clear that Mirna jumped in right in mid sentance and started talking.

Mirna has to be the stronger partner but clearly isn't. Charla carried the beef, Charla has done 2 of the 3 roadblocks so far. Yes she at times is very encouraging to Charla but there was a time during the caviar roadblock that she clearly was getting up set. I believe she said something to the effect of "Charla hurry up and eat the damn thing."

Charla would be better off with someone who is willing to take some of the tasks and do them as well.

Now maybe Charla wants to do all the non-running/non-physical tasks because she know that Mirna will have to step up and do those.

My wife watches the show with me but isn't a huge fan, the other night she said, "I am not liking that Mirna, she is kind of a snot isn't she." This was just out of the blue and we weren't even watching TAR.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

I think Mirna is a vegan, which means no, meat, fish, caviar, chocolate ( may contain milk, vegans won't even eat honey) etc, which is why Charla has done all the challenges involving food.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I think Mirna is a vegan, which means no, meat, fish, caviar, chocolate ( may contain milk, vegans won't even eat honey) etc, which is why Charla has done all the challenges involving food.
    I believe you're right, Lotus, in fact I could have sworn Mirna mentioned it in the first or second episode.

Mirna did the non-food challenge of snatching the bandanna off the bull, btw.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    Charla would be better off with someone who is willing to take some of the tasks and do them as well.

Now maybe Charla wants to do all the non-running/non-physical tasks because she know that Mirna will have to step up and do those.
    For next week's preview in Egypt they show Mirna saying that she is too scared and Charla, looking a bit grumpy, concedes and says "Okay, I'll do it!" They then show Charla having to climb down a long ladder into a cave-type room.

So one more roadblock for Charla.

FORT Regular
    They are both strong competitors....they will surely go far..but is caviar really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    For next week's preview in Egypt they show Mirna saying that she is too scared and Charla, looking a bit grumpy, concedes and says "Okay, I'll do it!" They then show Charla having to climb down a long ladder into a cave-type room.

So one more roadblock for Charla.
    That's ok. Charla is the real player of the team anyways!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Obviously none of the actions between Mirna and the other teams has caused anyone to be Philiminated yet but I have a feeling one way or another either Charla and Mirna will be knocked out of the race or they will cause someone to get knocked out because of devious actions. Should be interesting to watch.
    Actually, I blamed Charla's "dotore" lie for the father-daughter team's elimination since that caused Charla & Mirna to get "priority" waiting list priviledges and the father-daughter weren't able to get on the flight.
    Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Sure it is, at least in game with $1,000,000 at stake.

Especially since it's a RACE against time!
    Peace is Patriotic

Captain of the World
    Actually, I blamed Charla's "dotore" lie for the father-daughter team's elimination since that caused Charla & Mirna to get "priority" waiting list priviledges and the father-daughter weren't able to get on the flight.

Good point. I was still trying to figure out why if they were first on the wait list they got bumped. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Now I am even more mad at them.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

My wife watches the show with me but isn't a huge fan, the other night she said, "I am not liking that Mirna, she is kind of a snot isn't she." This was just out of the blue and we weren't even watching TAR.
    It's strange how women seem to have more of a problem with other strong women than men do. It's OK (or expected) if a man acts rude to get what he wants, but not when a woman does? There's a double standard and I see it more and more, even in politics.

I say "go girl" to Mirna to do whatever it takes to win the race and eliminate other teams (especially "the brothers" and Colin).
    Peace is Patriotic

+ Reply to Thread