+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

FORT Newbie
    Ah I just realized that Charla was in a form of dwarfism I'll be cheering on for her by that!
    But that seriously will be an disadvantage when it's a mad dash to the finish line
    I don't think so. They've been proving to use Charla's size as an advantage. While other teams practically ignore them because of her height, people see Charla and feel sorry for her, and they're using it, not outrageously, but they're using it.

I saw nothing rude with Charla & Mirna last night, but maybe it is because I like them so much.
    Yeah, I don't get why the other teams hate them so much. They're playing the game like everyone else. They're not like Brandon and Nicole, who ditch their so-called "alliances" the second they get a chance.

One Step Shy of Sanity Where'smyMidol?'s Avatar
    I didnt see her being rude either, wasnt Colin being rude to her to begin with? I would have said the same thing to him
    Thank God for TiVo....

"It's Nothing Personal. It's just business..." - Donald Trump

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Although they're running a great race, I'm not seeing them as lasting 2 more episodes.
    Not that I'm hoping they come in last, I just don't think they'll get as lucky as they've been. Lucky is the key word there, cause I think it has been what has kept them going so far.
    Although I suppose it is quite possible to be eliminated early due to bad luck, I am having a very hard time accepting that Mirna & Charla (or anyone else) could consistently finish in the front half of the pack for four consecutive weeks due to good luck.

Once, sure. But certainly not four consecutive weeks. The truth is that they are a strong, determined team.

FORT Regular
    This team is growing on me, still not my fav team, but I had to laugh when they arrived at the pit stop and Phil says to Mirna, Oh you are going to hug me.... or something to that effect.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bcarson

Mirna was downright mean, rude and nasty! :phhht I can't help but believe that some of this is editing. I mean we don't obviously see how they all interact at the pitstops. I didn't think it was necessary for her to call other teams disgusting. She certainly good have waited until Colin was done to talk to that guy or just listen. I also could not believe how she acted when they were eating the cavier. Her cheering was over the top and was meant more of a slam to the other teams. I certainly don't think she was helping Charla.

Mirna acts like this in every episode. She is pushy and rude (but rarely deceptive) with other teams and is often very demanding with Charla. But then again, she is also frequently hilarious. As for her "Charla is the strongest woman here" line, sure it was a dig at the other teams, but it was also true.

Mirna is certainly no saint, but there is no reason to demonize her, either. It's a stressful game with very high stakes. These people are human beings with human flaws, and a lot of this stuff is to be expected.

I like Charla quite a lot, and I dislike Mirna quite a lot (primarily because of her holier-than-thou attitude and her almost incessant whining), but they are both extemely good at this game. I'll be quite surprised if they don't make it to the final 4.

I still think it's luck that they've consistently finished races, in whatever position.
    Luck that there is someone willing/able to give the "short person" a lift at nearly every strategic moment.
    Luck cause Charla is able to do most (if not all) the challenges by herself.
    Luck cause other teams screw up a lot.
    Luck that nobody has sabotaged them yet.
    Luck that the hockey players felt a tad sympathetic and didn't rocket the pucks past them.

There are probably more instances where I could say it was luck, but there are other shows I want to comment on today and I don't really want to debate the topic. It's just an opinion.
    They're really strong in their game play, I'm not taking that away from them.. not at all. Their strengths are keeping them afloat as well, I just seem to think that luck is what's carrying the heavier load.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

It's Mirna that is driving me nuts. What a beeeyotch that one is. It appears that she's the one that is alienating this team. I'm starting to agree with the pizza boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Luck that the hockey players felt a tad sympathetic and didn't rocket the pucks past them.
    Same goes for Bob and Joyce.

+ Reply to Thread