+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    You see but I wasnt saying that.
    But the quote I was originally responding to was saying that, which is why I assumed your response related to it.

'Taint no biggie.

It's hard to tell whether strangers are helping them because of their height, because their woman, or because they plead so well, or a combination of all three, or simply, because people like to help other people. I would guess it's because they ask in such a desperate way, hand motions, frantic eye looks etc, etc. Don't forget Mirna is a lawyer, and what she does for a living is basically to convince people to see things her way.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Although they're running a great race, I'm not seeing them as lasting 2 more episodes.
    Not that I'm hoping they come in last, I just don't think they'll get as lucky as they've been. Lucky is the key word there, cause I think it has been what has kept them going so far.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    It's hard to tell whether strangers are helping them because of their height, because their woman, or because they plead so well, or a combination of all three, or simply, because people like to help other people. I would guess it's because they ask in such a desperate way, hand motions, frantic eye looks etc, etc. Don't forget Mirna is a lawyer, and what she does for a living is basically to convince people to see things her way.

I guess a big part of the race is compelling people to help you. I supposed looking pathetic is a better strategy than yelling at people "foreigners!" But, that's just my $.02.

(Oh! And don't forget, when in doubt add an "o" on the end of the word...)
    Shaken, not stirred.

FORT Regular
    I am just wondering, how could the ticket agent believe what Charla has to say about the-needing-a-doctor story when there are this bunch of quarreling travellers around with cameramen following them everywhere, they must know this must be some kind of race, if they haven't watched TAR already...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    I am just wondering, how could the ticket agent believe what Charla has to say about the-needing-a-doctor story when there are this bunch of quarreling travellers around with cameramen following them everywhere, they must know this must be some kind of race, if they haven't watched TAR already...
    So travelers+camera means that the people MUST be in some kind of race?

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    So travelers+camera means that the people MUST be in some kind of race?

That many travelers trailed by camera crews is pretty suspect... Granted this may not be a country that airs TAR.

The flip side is that the camera crew may have made the airline counter personnel uncomfortable to turn down a request for a doctor, also.
    Shaken, not stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by martini
    The flip side is that the camera crew may have made the airline counter personnel uncomfortable to turn down a request for a doctor, also.
    Exactly. If the camera crew had been filming a documentary about someone with a severe medical condition, how bad would it look if a cold, heartless ticket agent denyed her a seat on the plane she needed to get to the doctor?

Captain of the World
    Most airports require permits for filming. I am sure that most emloyees knew something was being filmed at that time. They may not have known what but 18 people running around with camera crews following them, something is up.

Whether Charla saying she needed a doctor hurt her or helped her I don't know. I think the agent was indifferent. Why on earth would someone leave a major metropolitan city to go to the mountains for a doctor anyway? I don't think it played that big of a role, in them getting on the plane. I think they just pestered the agent enough to move up.

My question is, how did Jim get bumped if he was apparently the first one on the waiting list for the 9:10 flight? Was it because he didn't request priority like the others did?
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Each week I dislike this team more and more (I think Mirna is mean spirited), but that Charla sure is gutsy.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread