+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Alison & Donny

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    I've never seen this Alison but surely she can't be any worse than Flo?!
    No, actually NOTHING is worse than Flo, (oh, the whiiiiiiiiiiiine) . But you bet Alison may give her a run for the money as far as being generally annoying... (no pun intended... )

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    No, actually NOTHING is worse than Flo...
    Unless you've met Flo you really shouldn't knock her like that. She is nowhere near as bad as she was presented. Really.

Dave

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    Unless you've met Flo you really shouldn't knock her like that. She is nowhere near as bad as she was presented. Really.

Dave
    I was describing her from a viewer's standpoint. And as a viewer of both Flo and Alison, I found Flo to be more irritating than Alison partly because of her awful whiny voice. Of course I have no idea what she is like in "real life" and don't pretend I do, but I have every right to comment on what I have seen on tv of her. She annoyed the HECK out of me.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar

Dave
    Flo is one of my favorite cast members, and I think she really did get a bad reputation. Especially for the fact that this reality show shows people at their most stressed, in impossible situations. You can bet that any touching Flo moments were cut out of the show, so we don't know the whole story, and we shouldn't assume that we do.

P.S. Of course, I've never met Flo. So Dave knows better than anyone.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    : You can bet that any touching Flo moments were cut out of the show, so we don't know the whole story, and we shouldn't assume that we do.
    I don't think anyone is assuming anything. Does everyone have to qualify a negative statement with a "from what I saw on the show..." or a "I don't know what this person is really like, but..."
    I hope not.

I only react to what I see on the show, and if I don't like someone, I just say so, just like everyone else on these boards. I'm not saying I don't like them personally, I don't even KNOW Flo, but I couldn't stand her on the show.
    :deadhorse
    Last edited by toque; 06-30-2004 at 10:30 PM.

WOW I had no idea ALison was on TAR. I was just surfing on here & when I saw "Alison & Donny", I thought 'surely that's not the same Alison & Donny from Big Brother'......... God I couldn't stand her--But now I'm going to have to watch TAR to see what it's like.....& to see if they make Ali suffer in any way

Yeah, Flo is a pain in the ear... then stomach... then everything starts to hurt...

I'm rewatching TAR3 on AXN (the best part of studying abroad in mexico) and the only way I'm surviving it is to laugh uncontrollably as she panics and complains and screams on the repel, the 24 hour train ride, etc.

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    ...but I have every right to comment on what I have seen on tv of her. She annoyed the HECK out of me.
    ...and that's perfectly acceptable to say. I probably shouldn't have just pulled a quote from your post earlier, since I was merely trying to point out that folks make judgements on what a person is like based on what they see on a reality TV show. (In other words, my comment wasn't directly exclusively at you, touque.)

I have no problem at all with folks who point out how the feel/felt about one of the contestants, or whether they like/dislike the contestant based on what was shown - heck, I didn't like Flo when I watched her on the race either. However, I kind of draw the line when people start assuming that, since someone was portrayed a particular way on TAR (or Survivor, or any other show) that they must be that way all the time, including in real life. The exception to this is Steve and myself - we really ARE the exceedingly attractive hunks that you all saw. You DID see that, right?

Anyhow, I'm off my soapbox now.

Dave

Anyhow, I'm off my soapbox now.

Dave

Dave you have lived the scrutiny of reality TV so you have a right to your soapbox. I think you make some valid points as well. Most if not all of us would have a couple stressful moments in a race around the world and chances are if the producers (if they wanted to play it up to the audience for a good storyline) might use those moments against us.

We all know that at times "reality TV" is short on "reality" ... but heck it's darn fun to watch at times!

PS .. we never saw You and Steve in GQ .. did they shelve that issue .. HAHA
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ctheworld
    PS .. we never saw You and Steve in GQ .. did they shelve that issue .. HAHA
    No! We were there. Find the Jenny Craig ad, and look closely at the "before" picture....

Dave

+ Reply to Thread