+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Alison & Donny

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterV619
    Haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if I am just echoing what is already posted.
    Allison had her 15 minutes of fame. IMHO, the decision to add her to this show is a poor decision. TAR is a special competition. Not everyone get's a chance to travel the world, let alone leave the town they live in. Of all the applicants to become a contestant, there had to be someone more worthy of the honor to compete. Not only are these contestants being given a special priviledge to travel and compete around the world, they are also representing us as Americans in a foreign land.
    Ditto

It is quite obvious that CBS included Alison & Donny to throw a little controversy into the mix. CBS knows there are lots of people out there that did not like the way Alison came across on BB4. So they figure that bringing her over to TAR5 will garner some more attention for the show.

However, I think their logic is flawed since these two shows (BB & TAR) pull in similar (& cross-over) viewers already. Having Alison on TAR5 will not draw many new fans to the show and in fact, if the FORT response is any indication, it has just ticked off true fans of The Amazing Race . :nono
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

I can't wait until she's in some country with roaches as big as a house...or some other really exciting bug life. That girl HATES bugs...totally freaks out over them.

She's tough as nails and super competetive, but she is not a nature girl/outdoorsy type. I can see her totally losing it over something like the bug stuff and blowing some important event as a result.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

No.....No...Nooooo...Not Allison again...and I'm working on kindness and not judging others!!! This should be a challenge knowing Allison!!! ROFLOL
    The power of a prayer exists in direct proportion to
    the degree of gratitude contained within the prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    Alison was good at challenges when she needed to be. Every time she was nominated for eviction she won the lifesaver thingy. She is really competitive, but lacked the likeability to get people to vote for her in the end. She may do well since you don't get voted off of this show, but I can't imagine other teams helping them out with information and stuff.
    Yay!!! Shii Ann is back!!!!

And you're right -- no one is going to help Ali & Donny -- they be a fool to do so (unless of course they didn't watch her on BB4).
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I'm no fan of Allison as the result of her performance last year on BB; however, the very personality characteristics and character traits that made her irritating last year appear to well qualify her for TAR. In BB, her goal was to win as a single player. This time we will see her ability to be a team player. If she does not feel the need to compete against Donny in front of the camera, as they function as a team which capitalizes on the strengths each brings to the game, then I think they will be very competitive.

I'm sure for the first few weeks, I'll be looking for some other team to be my favorite, based on their game play, but I suspect, that if Allison and Donny do well early, they will capture my interest.

FORT Fogey
    Alison could be a very tough player... She is highly competitive and a solid athelete. Her ethics are loose and that can be advantageous in this game.
    However, as someone else mentioned, she's not very outdoorsy and freaks out at spiders and bugs. Not only that, but she is extremely self-centered, emotional and difficult to get along with. I think that she and Donny can be a true threat to go far, IF she can keep from beotching him to death. If she can't... well, they'll fall apart as soon as some little something goes wrong.

And keep the mute button handy.

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    And keep the mute button handy.
    I've never seen this Alison but surely she can't be any worse than Flo?!

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    I've never seen this Alison but surely she can't be any worse than Flo?!
    How true...no one can beat the "flo"

I don't watch Big Borther, So I really don't know how this Alison Girl is

YIKES!

Choose between Alison or Flo ... ... I'll take "jump off a cliff for $1000 Alex!"
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread