+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Comments and thoughts on Flo & Zach Winning

Hmm.. they are certainly very lucky to get the cabs and airline tix at crucial times and that reallu turned their fortunes around.

But I still think that it is unfair and against the rules that they could get people to row the boat for them. Shouldn't they get some sort of time penalty?
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Princess
    raindance, read the interview with Flo and Zach, they actually got penalized, but so did the others as well (though we don't know how much).
    And no, I don't think the race was fixed - Flo&Zach were just extremely lucky in the end.

Good one, LawDog, that definately personifies her.

I know I should probably cut her some slack, now that the race is over and done with, but I don't feel that it's fair for someone who keeps quitting halfway through to win. K&G and T&I should win based on their strength and will power. Flo can't even do half the things that T&I and K&G does (ie the basket bicycles etc etc).

For me, there is only one real WINNER, Zach.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Congrats Zach, you have certainly won over all the viewers, in addition to the prize money.

Yes, and what makes it worse is that Flo is the 1st female contestant to win the AR! There are much more better female players than her ( Jill, Talicia etc.........)
    All good things come to an end.

I have forced myself to play devil's advocate. The TAR editors/producers might have been betting that portraying Flo as they did--worse than bad--hoping to find that 'nearly below contempt' would effect the unconscious mass appeal registration on the viewing audience: "If Flo can win, then [BOLD]anyone: J.Q. Public[/BOLD]can!"

A Question Of Balance... Zdorama's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    Agreed, congrats to Zach.
    It's quite pitiful how he clearly still has romantic feeligs towards her.

You know, I seemed to get this impression myself.

I think that was the underlying reason he never lashed out at Flo all those times he could have: He simply truly cares for her, and wants everything to be O.K. for her- quote: "My Number one priority is making sure that she's alright" (He said this actually twice in the finale)...
    I think the kind of relationship they had with each other was like Flo was like the spoiled princess type and Zach was like the one who would "look out" for her. Like carrying the pretty girl's books home from school, etc, etc...
    One scene that really made me see them in this light was when they were at the waterfalls in Kauai. Flo had agreed to do the drop into the falls. As they were being set up,Flo tells Zach she's going to hold onto him tightly,and she buries her face into his shoulder. He's happy that she's happy and she's clearly clinging onto him because he is her Knight and she is the (spoiled) princess. As they set off,she asks Zach, "Are you proud of me?" he replies, "I am so proud of you".... That's when I thought It really felt like I was watching a John Hughes movie,with Judd Nelson as Zach and Molly Ringwald as Flo!
    He was spending this time with this girl he really loves,But He realizes she isn't attracted to him that way and is never going to be his girlfriend, and this is the last time they will ever be in such an intimate setting together.........
    enter
    "Don't You forget about Me" by Simple Minds here.......

Or "My Eyes Adored you"
    By Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.....

Yup,

"luck of the Irish"

as Ian pointed out!

Re: Thanks for a great show!

Originally posted by Zaius
    - Thanks to Zach. Not only did you race without the help of a teammate, but you raced with a HANDICAP. Do you guys know who I was rooting to win it in the last episode? Zach. He deserved to win that million dollars more than Flo deserved to lose it (and in my opinion more than K&G and T&I deserved to win, and that's saying a LOT)
    Zaius,
    I said something sort of similar to my girlfriend that night- She was LIVID that Flo and Zach had won,then I said, " I liked Zach's patience and hard work during this show- with Flo being un-cooperative, he actually had to work HARDER then the others...So i'm glad he was "rewarded" for his care..."
    Then I finally said "Although I wanted Ken and Gerard to win, I wanted ZACH to win more than Teri and Ian (tho I love both of them!), even at the cost of awarding a non-deserving Flo.

I guess so, as long as you have a partner like Zach.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread