+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Comments and thoughts on Flo & Zach Winning

FORT Newbie
    Well, I would have to say that most people probably realized the big check was fake, although I do wish we had the opportunity to see them try to cash it:
    Flo: "Zaaaaaaach, I can't carry this big thing anymore and walk the three blocks to the bank!!! What do you want to do, hurt me??? Huh, you IDIOT!!!!"
    Zach: "Just hang on for a couple of more blocks, it's half a million dollars!"
    Flo: "You mean you're taking HALF????? Just because you carried my backpack, put up with my crap, took all my insults, goaded me on with patience and optimism, wiped my tears and occasionally my butt as well, doesn't mean you get any money, you moron!! I need to give some to Drew!!!!!! Ohhhh!!!" (SOB!!!)
    Zach: "Okay, how about I just carry the check and you to the bank?"
    Flo: "Just stop it right here, I quit! I can't go on!!! This whole thing is stupid!! Why can't they just direct-deposit the *#@# thing?????"

Btw, Fluff, good piece earlier about the winning team.

I do feel that, even though the most deserving TEAM certainly didn't win, the most deserving PERSON did in Zach. If he could cause them to cross that finish line first despite the handicap of being lashed to a clinically insane lump of negativity, imagine what he could have done with a partner who pulled his/her weight. I hate that Flo gets to claim the money but her claim as the first woman to "win" the Race is an absolutely horrific insult to the word "win".

If Michael Johnson carried my sorry butt first across the finish line in the hundred-yard dash, I would hope I would have the decency to thank him and apologize for my dead weight before boldly declaring myself a "winner".

Great post Lawdog

I do feel that, even though the most deserving TEAM certainly didn't win, the most deserving PERSON did in Zach.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Was anybody else wondering about the potential rules violations on that last leg in Vietnam?

As stringent as they have been in the past (i.e. if it says "walk", ya gotta walk!), I was a bit surprised when the clue said that teams must "paddle" across the river to the next clue and seemingly nothing was said about Flo and Zach hiring someone to paddle them over. I guess a similar argument could be made for the bikes, though I cannot remember if the clue said just "ride" the bikes or what. Teri walked that sucker all the way there and some other team members got pushed and held up by locals.

Check out our contestant interview with Flo and Zach Lawdog.
    She explains that they all got penalties.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by BravoFan , and scratched her name off the million dollar check. [/B]
    I was trying to be funny

Hopefully she will tell Zach she's only keeping $10,000 for her one and only snail selling roadblock, and give him the rest.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Thanks for a great show!

This AR3 is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I didn't realize how much I loved watching this show until that week off that I didn't see coming. I thought waiting one week was too long, and I found out I had to wait another!

- Thanks to Ken and Gerard. Always funny, always competitive, you made this show a treat to watch.

- Thanks to John Vito and Jill. Wow. I am simply amazed at how nice and respectful you were to each other and other teams. I didn't think that was possible

- Thanks to Zach. Not only did you race without the help of a teammate, but you raced with a HANDICAP. Do you guys know who I was rooting to win it in the last episode? Zach. He deserved to win that million dollars more than Flo deserved to lose it (and in my opinion more than K&G and T&I deserved to win, and that's saying a LOT)

Thanks to the producers, the host, and all the contestants. I *really* enjoyed AR3.

(I should probably thank God for all the great locations he provided to the race) <-- Joke

Welcome Zaius

Love your post and agree with every word.

It's incredible to think of the amount of planning and research that has to go into each episode.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Welcome to the FORT Zaius!

Stick around for a bit and read through some of the great interviews and other posts on The Amazing Race! I think we'll be talking about this one for some time
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Thanks guys, I've read some interviews and the users' replies and was pleasantly surprised to find that this forum is very well-mannered and shared the enthusiasm I have for the show.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Princess
    Great first post Zaius! Well said! It's always refreshing reading something positive after all negativity today! Welcome to the FORT, and hope you'll settle down here .

+ Reply to Thread