+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TAR5 Bumped to the Fall?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

TAR5 Bumped to the Fall?

Here's an article from tvweek.com It talks about CBS's new fall schedule, and Les Moonves mentions that there's a debate going on whether to air TAR5 this summer with TAR6 following in the fall, or holding off airing TAR5 until the fall.

I think TAR5 should air in summer with a different time slot. Tuesday at 10 pm is not a good schedule for a reality show.

The fall slot is even worse: Saturdays at 9pm.

I agree with you, John. What is CBS thinking? I have to say that TAR4 had the best schedule out of all 6 so far.

FORT Regular
    I've have not found another source that remotely reports a delay for TAR 5 to the fall. Furon Critic, and the television critic for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch both are stating the fall TAR time slot is for TAR 6.
    >|p >|p

So TAR 6 on Fall, bad timeslot though

FORT Fan
    In a morbid kind of way, perhaps CBS is showing more faith in TAR by delaying TAR5 until fall, although I personally think it is unlikely. The most important reason...

CBS would only have "Big Brother 5" as an announced summer series. Oddly CBS doesn't seem interested in programming the summer as aggressive as Fox or NBC (or even ABC or WB, which are both having more original programming than CBS).

The reason I say that CBS could have faith in TAR by airing TAR5 in the fall is this...

That would be a full season's worth of TAR, similar to how it airs back-to-back editions of "Survivor".

I agree that Saturday isn't an ideal slot, but Fox has had success with reality shows "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" (although they don't fit the typical definition of reality). I heard a rumor that CBS may have a total reality Saturday line-up. Personally, if I can play TV programmer for a minute, I would put "Liar" (a "To Tell the Truth"-style show hosted by D.L. Hughley that is in development) at 8:00, followed by TAR, and finish the night with "Star Search" (even though I don't care for it) or another reality hour. Maybe this is what CBS hopes to accomplish by the end of the season.

Off topic, but "lalol" I love your picture. It's hilarious, and scary at the same time.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    I think TAR5 should air in summer with a different time slot. Tuesday at 10 pm is not a good schedule for a reality show.

TAR 5 is going to air this summer...check out his link

CBS/TAR5

Another article. Here's the link:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...ory.php?s=2576

Reason for the move - cost saving measure. I honestly don't know whether this is a good move or not simply cause I know nothing about US programming. Hopefully, they will show TAR 5 in Oz soon after the US launch.
    I rather lurk than post.

Quote Originally Posted by theschnauzers
    I've have not found another source that remotely reports a delay for TAR 5 to the fall.
    Yesterday's Los Angeles Times, in an article about CBS's fall schedule, reported: "...the [Saturday] lineup now will be '48 Hours', followed by the young-skewing reality show 'The Amazing Race', which the network is still debating whether to air in the summer, as well."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast