+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TAR5 Bumped to the Fall?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ravs
    Another article. Here's the link:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...ory.php?s=2576

Reason for the move - cost saving measure. I honestly don't know whether this is a good move or not simply cause I know nothing about US programming. Hopefully, they will show TAR 5 in Oz soon after the US launch.
    So what's the difference if they air TAR5 or 6 in the fall? How will delaying it save them money? Here's about the only reason I can think of- the Emmy's. Maybe there hoping it'll attract viewers to the show if TAR is nominated (even if they don't win.) But I still don't see what the difference is whether it's 5 or 6 that airs. If anything, it almost seems like Les cares a little more about the show than he used to. Considering both TAR5 and 6 sites are up and he isn't even sure if they'll be held until the fall, and he does seem to be promoting it a little better. The teams are supposed to be released on June 4th, so we'll probably know then whether or not the show's getting delayed.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    We will know earlier...if you know on CBS.com there are multiple boxes on the front page bottom...well 3 of them are tomorrow so 3 disappear, then by wednesday all the boxes except tony awards is invalid

so if they put a box thing for AR...then we can be sure!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertint
    TAR 5 is going to air this summer...check out his link

CBS/TAR5
    No, that's been up for awhile, they're currently debating whether to keep that time or move it to fall, July 6 is still not a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    So what's the difference if they air TAR5 or 6 in the fall? How will delaying it save them money?
    If they air TAR6 in the fall (from, say, late September to early December), CBS is probably considering what they will do then. How do they fill that hole in their schedule? With a more expensive drama series? Whereas if they delay TAR5 to the fall, they'll at least have TAR6 ready to air in the early part of 2006. (A twice-a-season schedule similar to that of Survivor.)

I'm hoping that they leave TAR5 in the summer, air TAR6 in the fall, and then greenlight TAR7 to begin filming by the end of the year. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I'm hoping that they leave TAR5 in the summer, air TAR6 in the fall, and then greenlight TAR7 to begin filming by the end of the year. Problem solved.
    TAR 7 - thats definitely a nice thought.
    I rather lurk than post.

I reakky hope they keep it in the summer.
    I planned a vacation so that my flights wouldnt leave on the premeir date!!!!
    (I know, Im obsessed)

I'll have my VCR set to record The Early Show on June 4, where they'll likely announce the cast. My guess is that that's the point of no return. If the announcement comes off (or if Les Moonvies makes a big public announcment about TAR 5 definitely coming this summer) then it's set. Even though TAR 5 and 6 are still listed for this summer and fall on the CBS web site, they certainly can change their minds about programming. They've postponed it before & I'm still nervous.

Claynadian Idol fan AbsintheFairy's Avatar
    I was just wondering when it was going to come back! Figured I'd come by here to see cuz I knew someone would know

Yeah, both timeslots aren't very good - especially for one of the better reality shows out there!
    «michele aiken-marsden»
    website | fanlistings

"the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"

As long as it's going to get good ratings I wouldn't mind bumped to fall. I'll be sad though

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDave
    I'll have my VCR set to record The Early Show on June 4, where they'll likely announce the cast. My guess is that that's the point of no return. If the announcement comes off (or if Les Moonvies makes a big public announcment about TAR 5 definitely coming this summer) then it's set. Even though TAR 5 and 6 are still listed for this summer and fall on the CBS web site, they certainly can change their minds about programming. They've postponed it before & I'm still nervous.
    Did they announce the cast last year on TES? Maybe it'll be different this year as far as promotion goes (yeah, right.) Delaying releasing the cast (or even releasing them) still wouldn't convince me that's it's going to premiere on time. I guess the only way we'll know is on July 6th.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast