+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CBS Announces TAR6 Starts This Fall

so how many months does it take to film TAR?

im happy its on saturdays i will be too busy with school especially im starting high school as a freshmen

I'm so happy!!! *jumps up and down* I love this show so much! I'm so glad we don't have to wait a long time at all to see more of TAR!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Today 2 years ago TAR3 started filming. I have heard that filming for TAR6 either began today, or starts tomorrow.

if it starts filming tommorrw how is it gonna have time to premire in september 4 days after TAR5 finale?

The premiere for TAR 6 is SEPTEMBER 25 which means its already filmed.
    I rather lurk than post.

Quote Originally Posted by ravs
    The premiere for TAR 6 is SEPTEMBER 25 which means its already filmed.
    NO. It has not yet been filmed. Sonic-TARmaniac is correct, it has either just started or will within a matter of days.

TAR3.......
    Filming for this Race started on August 12, 2002 and ended September 8, 2002. Then, the Show premiered October 2, 2002.

So, the scheduling for TAR6 this fall (with Sep 25 premiere) is only about 1 week tighter than TAR3's scheduling was. And, I am quite sure that they have become more efficient at the process as they've done each time. Once they get 3 or 4 legs into the Race they can already be doing lots of editing of the early episodes. They can tell what friendships / hatreds are developing. Who is comical / clueless. Etc.

Think about this, the first team eliminated; their entire 'story' is told during episode one. A rough cut of that can be done days after the Race starts filming. And so on, and so on.

TAR6 should be done filming a few weeks, say 15 days or so, before its premiere, so they have plenty of time to put finishing touches on any storylines in the early episodes before needing them to be finalized for airing.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Sorry, I would of thought TAR 6 is now in the editing process. (ie. its already been filmed) since TAR 5 is still airing and the broadcast date for TAR 6 has been announced. In the event that TAR 6 hasn't been filmed yet, I apologise right now.

You've mentioned TAR 3 and its end date and premiere episode so point noted, however with the same line of thinking, TAR 4 should of aired in early March since the race finished on Feb 11, but it didn't premiere till May 29.

When TAR 3 finished in Sept, was TAR 2 still airing?
    Last edited by ravs; 08-14-2004 at 01:17 AM.
    I rather lurk than post.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ravs
    ...with the same line of thinking, TAR 4 should of aired in early March since the race finished on Feb 11, but it didn't premiere till May 29.
    Yes, TAR4 SHOULD have aired in March 2003, but of course because of the show's lackluster ratings they pushed it back in favor of (blech) Star Search. If ratings for TAR 1-3 were better it likely still would've been in March.

Quote Originally Posted by pin0yb0y
    so how many months does it take to film TAR?

im happy its on saturdays i will be too busy with school especially im starting high school as a freshmen

Im starting HS too...but I want to go out on Saturdays!

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingRaceMan
    Im starting HS too...but I want to go out on Saturdays!
    well i would rather have it on a weekend then weekday cause im just to damn busy on schooldays and especially ANTM cycle 3 is coming! oh lord

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast