+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Spoilers

To have a former-BB makes very good sense, because they are both now summer shows. To have a former-S might do some good, but it wouldn't be as cohesive of a tie-in since the shows haven't been on "together" in quite some time.

If they did put a former-S on TAR5, I guess I'd be indifferent. CBS does have three long-running (in reality genre) shows, and if they wanted to tie them all into a TAR season in some small way, more power to them. I'd probably be all abuzz if some former-TAR was going to be on either BB or S.

For those of you that think these former 'stars' take your place...unless you got at least called for a semi interview for TAR5 you weren't going to make the show anyway, whether there were 2 openings or 20 openings. That's reality, and I'm in that same boat with you. Now, if you did get to semis, or even made it to LA, then maybe "your spot" was "taken" by someone else. But, maybe not. Maybe you still wouldn't've made it. Maybe they interviewed 200 teams for semis, and you were #200 in their eyes, and had no real chance. Or maybe they brought 25 teams to LA, and you were #25. We just don't know, but for those of us that didn't even get called, we weren't really impacted at all.

Somewhere else I believe I've seen a screenshot from the preview that looks like it may be Alison's Donny. And, could the screenshot that everyone is all in a tizzy about it maybe being Survivor Kelly, could it just be Alison. To me, it looks at least sort of like her.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    To have a former-BB makes very good sense, because they are both now summer shows. To have a former-S might do some good, but it wouldn't be as cohesive of a tie-in since the shows haven't been on "together" in quite some time.

If they did put a former-S on TAR5, I guess I'd be indifferent. CBS does have three long-running (in reality genre) shows, and if they wanted to tie them all into a TAR season in some small way, more power to them. I'd probably be all abuzz if some former-TAR was going to be on either BB or S.

For those of you that think these former 'stars' take your place...unless you got at least called for a semi interview for TAR5 you weren't going to make the show anyway, whether there were 2 openings or 20 openings. That's reality, and I'm in that same boat with you. Now, if you did get to semis, or even made it to LA, then maybe "your spot" was "taken" by someone else. But, maybe not. Maybe you still wouldn't've made it. Maybe they interviewed 200 teams for semis, and you were #200 in their eyes, and had no real chance. Or maybe they brought 25 teams to LA, and you were #25. We just don't know, but for those of us that didn't even get called, we weren't really impacted at all.

Somewhere else I believe I've seen a screenshot from the preview that looks like it may be Alison's Donny. And, could the screenshot that everyone is all in a tizzy about it maybe being Survivor Kelly, could it just be Alison. To me, it looks at least sort of like her.
    Hmm, having a former TAR contestant on either Survivor or BB- that I could deal with I'd rather see them on BB than S, though.
    I've never applied to this show or any other, so I can't really talk about these contestants taking my place. But here's my problem with "cast recruiting". Alison didn't have to apply to the show (either one, because I believe she was recruited for BB as well.) She was just asked. I'm not really sure whether she was a fan of the show and asked the producers if she could be on it, or if they called her up on their own and asked her. Reichen and Chip, winners, didn't apply to be on the show, Reichen was recruited because I guess you can say he was in the right place at the right time. And apparently they were looking for a gimmick team since he said the producer seemed happy that he was a gay married man (and no matter what producers say, I'll always believe their looking for a "type" in a lot of cases.) So the problem I have is that, by the sounds of it, Reichen and Chip most likely never would have applied, obviously never gotten on the show, their spot would have gone to someone else, and maybe someone who didn't make the semi's interview would have. And who knows, maybe that team would have taken their place, a team that originally wasn't even selected. Same goes for David and Jeff, they were recruited, and we saw how well that worked out. Not really sure what was so special with them. Alison probably wouldn't have gotten on BB or TAR if she hadn't been recruited, although it's still possible some other BB contestant would have taken her place (and I'd much rather see her than Jun.)
    The other problem I have is carrying teams over from other seasons. Last season's race, thanks to casting agents and teams who weren't good enough for one season but good enough for another, half of the slots were taken. But at least those people applied and wanted to be on the show (and in the case of Tian and Jaree, it wasn't their fault they didn't get on the TAR3.)

karalott, I know what you mean, and it is a tough topic to really have a definitive right/wrong answer to.

As an applicant I'd prefer there to be 20 teams per season, and 100% of them come from applicants, with no recruiting at all, and no carry-over (if you want to try again, you must apply again).

But, realistically I know that they are trying to cast 11-12 teams that they think will create the best show possible. So, they use any means necessary to try to find them. They never say they will get all teams from applications, in fact none could come from applicants, it is just one means they use to find candidates.

I think the only thing they know when they start taking apps each time is that they are going to eventually end up with about 25 teams at the LA finals. And, they'll pick about half of them for the show.

And I 100% understand and don't blame them for calling back (let's say) 5 teams from the previous round that they really liked but didn't quite make the cut. Those are their security blanket in case the current crop of apps isn't blockbuster material.

And, I really don't blame them for looking outside of applicants for potentials either. Not every interesting person knows about or is a fan of TAR. What I *DO* question in this regard is where they apparently go looking outside of apps. Bar-type places seem to be the primary target--why? For TAR this just makes no sense. For BB, or Temptation Island, or Are You Hot, or ..., I could see targeting bars. But TAR is more than just the young singles, which is most likely the vast majority of what they'd find. Why don't they cruise the malls, the sports stadiums, the airports, .... Maybe they do, and either we just don't hear about it or they don't see anyone that strikes them as TAR material.

But I doubt the claim that they go into the app process with any spots already filled. Well, prior to the Alison deal anyway. I'd say in this case that spot may have in fact been filled by her. But in prior seasons even though they were calling teams back in from previous finals and recruiting teams, I think they were only bringing them into the process for the *opportunity* to *maybe* get a spot on the show. But, they would still go through the apps with the mindset that they need to eventually get 20 or so of those teams to LA finals.

So, they'd go through all of the apps to get 200 or so teams to the semi cities. They are going to interview the same number of semi teams regardless of any call-backs or recruits. Mainly because they don't know if they'll even recruit anyone, or how many of the call-backs will still be able to do it. So, I'd say they pick those that make it to the semis completely independent of any *others* that may enter the process through other means. So, I don't think call-backs, recruits, or guaranteed spots (Alison) really have an impact on an applicant's chance of getting the first call from them.

That is why I say that the estimated 90-95% (or more) of applicants that never even get called weren't going to make the final cut anyway and have no grounds for complaints. Of course they can object to the process in general, but not really with an it-directly-affects-me argument. WRP is really not doing anything wrong by finding non-applicants.

Only once you make it to semis, *could* you be dropped because of call-backs/recruits/guaranteeds. But, again this only affects a handful of applicants. Obviously for them it would be devastating to know that of the traditional applicants they were ranked #21, but only 20 got called to LA because the other 5 LA spots were taken by non-traditional teams. Unfortunately, them's the breaks. I go into the process knowing this, and they should have known it too. After all, it is an optional process. If someone objects so much to how it all happens, then don't play. Take your ball and go home. Me, I choose to play. It's fun (kind of) to apply, and then have anticipation (and a bit of misery) for weeks waiting. In the end the show is always fun regardless of who they pick or how they pick them.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Here's a handy guide to the teams from survivorsucks:

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsuc...cID=3146.topic

1- the only Male/male team
    2- the old team (amandanchris.com says Jack and Rhonda)
    3- Allison and Donny
    4- The Bowling Moms (spoiler says Linda and Karen)
    5- The black couple
    6- Cousins (amandanchris.com says Nina and Leah)
    7- Jon/Kelly pt2
    8- Twins
    9- Flo/Zach pt 2
    10- Father/daughter
    11- m/f team shown together in 2 pics.
    Only one male/male team, which is expected because of an unneeded surplus of male teams in past seasons, and the fact that so many male teams win it. These two just don't look to be any competition, though. Overall though, these teams look pretty interesting. The father and daughter should be fun to watch, as well as the bowling moms, the twins, and I hate to say it... But I think Alison and Donny will provide a lot to this season.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Team #7 looks a little like Christie Woods (though I'm still a little skeptical on her.) Team #9 looks like Nicole O'Brian (if I could make her face out better I'd be more sure.) Guess we'll find out Friday.

Wait, i probably sound really stupid....they are bringing back Jon & Kell, and Flo & Zach.....

Am I missing something??????

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingRaceMan
    Wait, i probably sound really stupid....they are bringing back Jon & Kell, and Flo & Zach.....

Am I missing something??????
    No I think they are just saying that those peoples personalities will resemble those of Flo/Zach and Jon/Kelly

oooooo
    thanks for clearing that up

How about these people? They look like an older couple. That makes 12. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by NCDave
    How about these people? They look like an older couple. That makes 12. (?)
    I think they look like contestant's number 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast