+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alison Irwin from BigBrother to be on Amazing Race

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    I tried to use what I thought might have gone through the CBS peep's heads as they looked at this. I really think they would have hesitated to put a BB winner on another show. Sure, they brought back some winners for S-AS, but that was the SAME show for the purpose of supposedly seeing who is the best. But, bringing a winner from show A onto show B probably would've been avoided.

Note, I didn't say *I* thought Marcellas deserves another chance. It's just that a lot of people felt sorry for him for that happening. You have to admit, whether he deserves another chance or not, it is a perfect set-up for giving him another chance. I was relatively indifferent about him on BB, and I agree that I could do without any more Amy.

So far so good, with the CBS not overdoing the Alison angle. Maybe they've read enough of the TAR fans' concern (!) over her inclusion. So, they are easing off the throttle a bit. She was part of the first big announcement 6 weeks ago-ish about TAR5, and since then nothing. Don't think we've seen even a glimpse of her in either the web promo or the commercial. Only a possible glimpse of Donny in one of them. And, you'd've thought that with the commercial being "summer of fun" tie-in with BB that they would've taken that opportunity, but did not. Maybe as premiere approaches and more commercials play, they'll ease her into it to get those non-TAR-watching-BB-fans interested. We'll see.

I didn't care for Alison too much. But, I didn't see live feeds, and wasn't reading (and still haven't read) what others have talked about her saying / doing off-air. She didn't seem to have too many redeeming qualities, but maybe (just a BIG maybe) she really just tried to be the most horrible person that she could possibly be so that someone, anyone, would tag her along to the end. If so, it worked. Apparently we'll see if she is any different in a world where that will get her nowhere.
    Actually, now that I think about it, CBS had to have known that putting a former reality contestant (especially one that was controversial and from a show critics despise) was going to be one thing, but if they put a former BB winner on TAR and that person ended up winning TAR, too, that probably wouldn't have gone over too well. I'm sure they considered that.

When I said I didn't think Marcellas deserved another chance, that was my own opinion. Whether anyone agrees or not that's their choice. But, as I said, I don't feel sorry for him, I don't think he deserves a second chance because it's his own fault that he went out on BB the way he did, and he's way down on my list (though he's ahead of most of the cast of BB4.) It still wouldn't surprise me, once the show's premiere (both BB and TAR) gets closer that they might push the Alison angle. One question I have is are they going to announce the cast on TES? I know they did for TAR2, but I don't remember them doing it last year or for TAR3. Whatever Alison's attitude was last year (something she did for strategy or just because that's her true personality) she wasn't happy with how she was percieved so I would expect her to do a complete 360 this year. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Actually, now that I think about it, CBS had to have known that putting a former reality contestant (especially one that was controversial and from a show critics despise) was going to be one thing, but if they put a former BB winner on TAR and that person ended up winning TAR, too, that probably wouldn't have gone over too well. I'm sure they considered that.
    Why wouldn't it go over well? TAR hasn't been known for "manipulating" much, at least not to my knowledge. When I watch TAR, I don't see things that I see in SURVIVOR. Maybe some of the road blocks, etc. favor to some teams more than others, but other ones do for other teams. It's just to change things up so we see more of a variety.

If Alison and Donny won by their own merits and nobody thought that the show was "rigged" for them to win, I think that is totally awesome for Alison and Donny and it just proves to me more that she's good at these kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why wouldn't it go over well? TAR hasn't been known for "manipulating" much, at least not to my knowledge. When I watch TAR, I don't see things that I see in SURVIVOR. Maybe some of the road blocks, etc. favor to some teams more than others, but other ones do for other teams. It's just to change things up so we see more of a variety.

If Alison and Donny won by their own merits and nobody thought that the show was "rigged" for them to win, I think that is totally awesome for Alison and Donny and it just proves to me more that she's good at these kind of things.
    I don't mean the show being rigged, and I agree that if Alison/Donny win they deserve it, since it was on their own. What I meant was would someone want to see a contestant win $500k on BB, then go on and win $1 million on the race? I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I don't mean the show being rigged, and I agree that if Alison/Donny win they deserve it, since it was on their own. What I meant was would someone want to see a contestant win $500k on BB, then go on and win $1 million on the race? I wouldn't.
    Jun won BIG BROTHER, not Alison. And even if Alison won BB and then won TAR, I would not mind that at all. I personally think it's kind of silly that you would.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Alison on TAR5 confirmed by Daily Variety

"frenetic and hard to follow" - ?!?! Doctor, my brain hurts! :rolleyes
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Jun won BIG BROTHER, not Alison. And even if Alison won BB and then won TAR, I would not mind that at all. I personally think it's kind of silly that you would.
    I knew Jun won BB. I thought I said that. Let me try one more time to make my point, and I'll just put it this way: I hate Alison, and her being on this show no matter how much she might have changed, will not change my opinion of her, I don't think she deserves to be there since she's already been on one show, and had she won BB, I wouldn't want to see her win yet another cash prize that could go to someone else who hasn't done another show and finished second on it. It's just an opinion, if you don't agree, fine.

Going off topic, I was against bringing winners back for Survivor only because I wanted to see someone who hadn't already won win (and we saw how long they lasted, anyway.) Some people agreed, others didn't. And, looking at the other side of it, I'll go along with saying it's not fair to ban someone from a show because of how poor or well they did the first time. Again, that's my opinion.

Allison was the runner up, so she did win some cash as I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Allison was the runner up, so she did win some cash as I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think she got $50,000 for coming in second.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    This is a totally different show , so her BB time should have no bearing . Other than to see poor Donny get his butt dragged around the earth and think about what we know she's capable of .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast