+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alison Irwin from BigBrother to be on Amazing Race

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    I know, I know! My first thoughts too! I'd have much rather had my team fill that spot. However, if it's part of a bigger-picture-strategy to improve the long-term viability of TAR, then we all need to "take our medicine" so we can get better. If they are going to try to tie their more successful BB with TAR by airing them together and have a former contestant, then I'll live with it.

I think this strategy has a chance to succeed. Wouldn't it be great if TAR surpassed BB in popularity / viewership? It's already pretty close behind BB, so it wouldn't take much. And, if it happens because of a tie-in, then more power to them.

Can't say I want her to win, or make it very long, but I'll try to keep an open mind about it, until I see her competition, and see if she's any more, er, likable, while she Races. One bonus, we probably won't have to watch her flirting with everyone, while she remorses about how her boyfriend won't like it.
    So if their hoping by bringing a former BB contestant on the show to raise ratings, why not bring someone from Survivor instead? Survivor has higher ratings and I think their contestants would be more recognizable than someone from BB. Could be wrong, of course. But why Alison? Worst case would have been Jun, but who's to say they didn't ask her and she refused. I would have taken Erika over Alison, or even someone from another BB season if that's how they want to do it.

I have to agree with what some of you are saying, though, is that it's really not fair for people to be recruited rather than apply (I'm surprised more people aren't outraged about this.) Going to an open casting call is one thing, but to have a casting agent come up to you on the street and say "Hey, want to be on this show" is another. Wasn't she one of the ones who was recruited for BB4? Since Alison already has an in with CBS, they might have asked her, or she might have asked them. Maybe she felt like she wasn't portrayed fairly the last time around and wants a second chance to prove herself, or she's so desperate to get into Hollywood she'll do anything. I might not have a problem if she actually applied to BB and then was asked to do TAR.

Well, I'll still watch, and the good thing is TAR is nothing like BB, so Alison might not know what she got herself into. At least no one selects the winner and she can't have any allies to keep her around, so maybe she'll go quickly. I just can't believe I have to wait until July to watch it. The show must be really good if there convinced it can do well starting so late and being on at 10 at night.

I never watched BB4, but can she possible be any worse than Flo?

edited to correct grammar
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I think this is good, I would like to see if she has changed from BB4

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I never watched BB4, but can she possible be any worse than Flo?

edited to correct grammar
    My opinion- I'd say she's just as bad or even worse (if that's possible.) As I said in my previous post, Alison didn't seem to like how she was portrayed as the villian, and not the villian everyone loves to hate, the one that everyone just plain hates. Maybe she's looking to redeem herself.

PLEASE tell me this is posted a day late and it's an April Fool's joke

Quote Originally Posted by katkitty
    PLEASE tell me this is posted a day late and it's an April Fool's joke
    I doubt it's an April Fool's Joke unless it's played by the network. I've seen articles all over the place for it.

Oh, that's horrible. Just horrible. It's obvious they wanted those two because no one can believe he would forgive Allison's infidelities and alligator tears. Fascinating, my left foot. I had the 24-hour internet link to BB and I don't say this lightly - this girl is trash.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Art
    OH-MI-GOSH. This is not even funny. I'm sitting here and I am speechless. I really have no idea how to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Art
    OH-MI-GOSH. This is not even funny. I'm sitting here and I am speechless. I really have no idea how to respond.
    But maybe putting Alison on the show was a good thing (even though I don't see it that way.) At least it's getting everyone talking about the show, even if nothing good is being said. I guess I'm just wondering why Alison; half the people who watch TAR might not have watched BB4, so they'll have no idea who she is or the whole thing that went on last year with her boyfriend. I just hope she doesn't do a Monica/Sheree where everytime there's a clip of her talking she talks about having already been on a reality show and everything that happened with that.

I have never really watched BB so I have no idea who Allison is but to say the least I am concerned by the comments. I remember TAR3 and how it absolutely disgusted me when Flo ended up coming away with the million. Was there any more pathetic and undeserving contestant than her - who actually threatened to quit and just walk right out several times. All I can say if what I'm hearing is true is that her boyfreind isn't a quarter of the guy Zach was in managing to get his partner through the challenges.

Beyond that don't even get me started on this casting agent buisness. What a total slap in the face to every single team that applies "according to the rules". CBS or WRP or whoever it is that is responsible for selecting teams that way - You don't know what interesting and fascinating people you just missed out on because you chose to cast your teams in this manner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast