+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 6 Application Up

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Amazing Race 6 Application Up

Okay, so I wandered over to the CBS site and saw the application for The Amazing Race was still up on the front page. Thinking it was still for the 5th edition, I looked at it for the heck of it, and saw that it's for the 6th season. It says that there taking applications until April 13 2004, and that semi finalist interviews are beginning in May of 2004, and filming beginning in August. Can anyone else confirm it before I get my hopes up really high that the show will return after the 5th season? The only other reason I can think of that it's up is that in case they decide to film a 6th season they'll be ready to go right away.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-19-2004 at 06:46 PM.

It's probably up by mistake. I would guess they'd get one ready just in case, but "hide it".

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's probably up by mistake. I would guess they'd get one ready just in case, but "hide it".
    But it looks good for the show to keep going if there casting for a 6th season, doesn't it? It said that the applications are due April 13th, and that's only a few weeks away. I don't know how long it's been up there, but I haven't seen it mentioned on any other mb, so it couldn't have been too long. Like I said, it may not mean that the show's going to film, but they might want to be ready. August will be around the time the 5th season gets done airing, so they'll know more for ratings if that's what their basing it on. If it gets taken down or anything in the next few days, then obviously it was put up by mistake.

FORT Regular
    We went through the same thing with TAR 5, and the dates that were first included in the TAR 5 materials were the same in the materials as finally posted. The difference is that CBS has posted the link on its front page, and the URL subdirectory is not TAR 6, but "amazing race application."
    Even with what happened when the TAR 5 apps were posted, the original disclosure did not have a link from the main CBS page until it was formally made available. The main resemblence is that like last time, this information came out on a Friday evening.
    It is stunning though that it did not require another "Save TAR" campaign just to get the apps posted online. The fact that it has happened this way, this soon, and before TAR 5 has aired, really suggests that it is a good sign.
    >|p >|p

I really hope that there's a TAR6, of course, and I hope the application is real.

Cautiously optimistic.

I'll believe it when I see it...but my fingers and toes are crossed. Despite how freakishly expensive the show is to produce, they'll hopefully keep it going if the ratings are high enough.

Mantra: Each one...reach one. Kidding. But I've been able to suck three of my friends into this show. I hope that app ends up being real!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I really hope that there's a TAR6, of course, and I hope the application is real.

Cautiously optimistic.
    Nothing wrong with being optimistic, especially since there's been nothing official said yet. It's why I asked if anyone around here had heard anything. They put apps for TAR5 up before they even decided whether there would be a 5th season or not. But the difference is that there planning on filiming this in August, so it's not like there waiting for it to win an Emmy or something. And maybe ratings will be a factor, but after going through all that (both contestants going to interviews and doing what they need to do to get on the show, plus the production crew getting the world ready) I'm thinking ratings may not be it after all. I guess if it's still up this time next week, at least we'll know that it's the real thing.

FORT Regular
    I've sent an email to someone who might be able to find out what this is about. If I get a response that I can share, I'll let y'all know.
    >|p >|p

CBS hasn't released any media info about TAR6. I can ask my contact, but I doubt they'll tell me any more than the previous racers know, and none of them have yet confirmed this for sure either.

Cautiously optimistic.

Just curious, but why CBS would put up the application on its website if they have no intention of filming a TAR 6??
    I rather lurk than post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast