+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazing Race 6 Application Up

Unfortunately, recruiting your friends to watch won't do much unless they're Nielsen families. But it's still a good thing to do.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    It has been up 3 days...i guess that proves its not a mistake!

FORT Newbie

Disillusioned

I waited on pins and needles for the TAR5 application to go up. My BIL and I worked hard on our applications and audition tape. Then after we sent it in we read bios on many of the contestents on prior shows and it appears they get most of their contestents from casting. Others were people they liked but held off on till later shows. Honestly, I think the application process is used for hype. Its not like your compeating for one of 12 team slots, more like you are competed for one of 2 team slots.

Am I sending in an application? of course.

FORT Regular
    I did hear back from a contact who said they were as surprised as we all were last Friday when word of the TAR 6 apps went up. But they checked and was assured it is all legit. They also passed on a tidbit that we would be very happy about TAR 5; I gather this meant the producers got a good race on film.
    I know none of that helps much, but in the context of the timing and the fact that a premiere date for TAR 5 has not yet been announced (though I think the latter will occur in a matter of a few weeks), I still take this as a very hopeful sign. As I noted elsewhere, none of the major reality shows have ever proceeded to casting without the season eventually airing, so I think this is more than a mere exercise. But I sorta agree that they're not likely looking for all 12 teams, just one or two, because the way this went down, only fanatics of the show are likely to even pick up in time on the fact that applications were posted.
    >|p >|p

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    So maybe it was put up by a mistake. I read on another message board that the application no longer says AR6 but AR5, and the dates have been changed back to when interviews and filming were for season 5. Since it originally said applications were due April 13, I'm not sure whether there's going to be a season 6 or not now. Unless of course another mistake was made and the season 6 apps were taken down by accident. Who knows, but we'll probably know soon enough. I just can't wait for season 5 to start.

FORT Fan
    Well I don't know where you read that karalott, went to check again, refreshed and everything, and the apps still say Amazing Race 6.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    So maybe it was put up by a mistake. I read on another message board that the application no longer says AR6 but AR5, and the dates have been changed back to when interviews and filming were for season 5. Since it originally said applications were due April 13, I'm not sure whether there's going to be a season 6 or not now. Unless of course another mistake was made and the season 6 apps were taken down by accident.
    I just checked, too.

The link to the app is still on the CBS homepage, and the app still says "The Amazing Race 6" with a due date of April 13, 2004.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicAD
    Well I don't know where you read that karalott, went to check again, refreshed and everything, and the apps still say Amazing Race 6.
    Your right, they must have changed it back, but I know that it said AR5 on it. Go figure. Must have been something with the website. Anyway, I'm just glad we still have a sixth season to look forward to.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Not really sure of that...no official renewal YET

Thoughts on the TAR6 apps versus the "announced" TAR5 air dates.

We all thought when TAR6 apps were available that it was a fairly good sign. I think we now must change that to a *VERY GOOD SIGN*. Here is why.

A few weeks ago, if you'd have assumed that TAR5 would air like TAR4, or maybe a bit earlier to avoid Olympics, then when the TAR6 apps came out, it still seemed like TAR6 was little more than a dream.

Why? Because the app states that semi-final interviews will be in the various cities in May, and the final interviews in LA in June, and travel will begin in August. So, if TAR5 premiered mid-to-late-May, it would be several episodes into its season before the final interviews in LA were over. And, TAR5 would be near or completed airing before travel for TAR6 would begin. This gave them "outs" if they needed to stop the TAR6 process. In other words, if ratings sucked, they could simply abandon TAR6.

Now, the premiere for TAR5 is NOT UNTIL July 6. Good grief, that is outstanding news for a TAR6. They will already have done all of the semi-final city interviews, finished the final LA interviews, and possibly already picked the entire cast for TAR6 before TAR5 even premieres. Of course, it could still suck and they could pull TAR6, but the farther into the process they go, the more likely they finish it out. Remember, behind the scenes, by early July when TAR5 premieres, TAR6 work will be well under way, scouting out sites/routes, securing permits, tasks, etc. A lot of expenses will have already been incurred by then. Even though the teams travelling is enormously expensive, the months of preparation leading up to the travel is equally costly. So, they may be beyond the point of no return, and filming it may be a definite. Of course, even if they film TAR6, it will only ever be seen if TAR5 does okay.

Also, just a side note, but these newly announce TAR5 air dates make more sense for another reason. Before we were all speculating that it would air similar to TAR4, which would put the finale in mid-August. This would have been interesting timing-wise, because Phil is always at The Early Show to present the winners their check the day after the finale. So, travel for TAR6 probably wouldn't start until after that. I know, it's a small issue, and one that certainly wasn't impossible by any means to overcome. But, now with TAR5 starting much later, the finale for TAR5 is likely to be in mid-to-late-September. So, now we can probably assume that TAR6 filming will be completed before the TAR5 finale, so that Phil is back for check presentation. So, when we figure out when the TAR5 finale is, we can know that TAR6 is done filming by at least a few days prior to that date, and then we can subtract about 30 days to figure when TAR6 filming starts, and so forth.

Regarding earlier posts, about the similarities of timing of TAR6 and TAR3...
    For TAR3---
    Apps started April 11, 2002 and due May 8, 2002
    Race started August 12, 2002 and ended September 8, 2002
    Show premiered October 2, 2002

So, these TAR6 apps are *about* a month earlier than the TAR3 ones were. And the "sometime in August" start date of TAR6 matches up nicely with the 8-12-2002 start date of TAR3. So, one could deduce that TAR6 *could* air as early as first of October. But, like someone else said, I doubt that happens.

Assuming TAR5 does well, I think we'll see apps for TAR7 sooner than we might think. Near the end of TAR5 airing, if I had to guess. They'll film TAR6, and just sit on it until needed during Fall/Spring, and plug it in somewhere when something tanks. Then TAR7 will air next Summer with BB6.

In a perfect world--
    * Each year they'd take apps in Mar/Apr to film an August race that will be used to fill in somewhere in their Fall/Spring schedule.
    * Each year near the end of the Summer TAR airing (Sep) they'd take apps to film a January race that will air during the next Summer.

I actually suggested this scenario/schedule back on June 5, 2003, shortly after the premiere of TAR4. If you care, here it is. It contains all sorts of detailed crap about all past TARs, their application dates, production dates, etc. My suggestion for the 2-TARs-per-year is near the end.
    Future TARs - A Rather Lengthy Analysis
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123