+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 6 Application Up

Because it never hurts to collect apps? I dunno, the mysteries of television production elude me. But the app for TAR5 was up before a decision was made on whether there would be one, as theschnauzers said above.

Thanks John. If TAR 6 doesn't eventuate, I'll feel sorry for all those people who applied. Sounds cruel to me....
    I rather lurk than post.

My fingers are crossed; but I see this glass as being more than half full.

Even though there's been no "official" announcement, the fact that the app is up, with a link on the CBS home page, before TAR5 even airs is a very positive sign. There are real costs involved with processing the apps and I don't think the producers would be doing this without some indication that CBS is on board.

If nothing else, I think that -- for TAR6 to even be under consideration at this point -- TAR5 must've turned out pretty good. They're not waiting for ratings results and Emmy wins this time to begin the process.

With only 3 weeks til apps are due, we should be seeing a commercial on CBS any day now -- hopefully announcing both the applications and the airing of TAR5.

A race in August would probably translate into an airing in late winter/early spring (basically the timeframe that Survivor All-Stars is currently occupying.) If all goes well, next year at this time we'll be happily discussing the latest team to be eliminated from The Amazing Race.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    I'd think an august filming could mean a October premiere?

anyway, this is the best news i've heard in weeks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    I'd think an august filming could mean a October premiere?

anyway, this is the best news i've heard in weeks
    AR3 was filmed around July/August and started airing in October, so a fall/winter timeslot seems right. I can't believe that CBS would wait a whole year to air the show, though that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Like LAGuy said, I have to think that this is the real thing because there's costs not only on the production part, but also possible contestants as well. I'm not sure what teams have to do to get ready, but it probably takes them awhile to get everything together, meaning they'll need time and can't just be asked to go at the drop of a hat. I'm still a little optomistic, though.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    no AR3 was filmed August/Sept

If you don't believe me...look at that ep10 in vietnam train station (before they go to hue) when the clock said 9-4-02

its posible for october

Wow, that was a huge shock to see that! I was kind of waiting to see the briefing of who it was that made up this year's team and suddenly I see this announcement about Aps being accepted for TAR. I was afraid something had gone wrong with TAR5 because I didn't see anything that said TAR6 at CBS, but I see everyone here is saying it is definetly TAR6. I am really surprised and maybe nothing will come of this but at least it is better to have seen something indicating there is a possibility than to never see anything at all. I am also cautiously optimistic, but if CBS still has that up by Tuesday then I will think they are definetly going forward for getting ready for TAR6.

What a shock though. I definetly did not expect to see anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    its posible for october
    Though it may be possible to air TAR6 in October, I based my speculation of a late winter/early spring airing on a couple of factors.

Since TAR5 will hopefully be airing over the summer (like TAR4), it won't end until mid- to late August. Starting TAR6 at the beginning of October (like TAR3) would mean almost back-to-back seasons of TAR. Based on past scheduling practices, CBS has spaced out the seasons more than that.
    • TAR1 ended mid-December 2001; TAR2 began airing in March 2002. (3 months gap)
    • TAR2 ended mid-May 2002; TAR3 began airing in October 2002. (5 months)
    • TAR3 ended mid-December 2002; TAR4 began airing late May 2003. (5 months)
    • TAR4 ended mid-August 2003; TAR5 begins airing May 2004? (9 months)
    Also, because all of their CSI/cop shows have taken up most of the hour-long primetime slots, CBS hasn't aired TAR and Survivor concurrently since TAR3 and Survivor 5. Since then, they've alternated the 2 shows.
    • Survivor 6 ended mid-May 2003; TAR4 began late May 2003.
    • TAR4 ended mid-August 2003; Survivor 7 began mid-September 2003.
    Since Survivor 9 is apparently in the final phases of casting right now, I'd expect it to air in Fall 2004, similar to Survivors 3, 5, & 7. (Notice the pattern.) TAR6 could then start airing once Survivor 9 was finished and after the holidays.

There's also the question of the Ratings Sweeps Months (November, February, & May). It's anyone's guess how those may factor into the equation. If CBS wants the TAR6 finale to air in May (as they did with TAR2), they wouldn't begin airing it until late February or early March 2005.

Assuming that there even is a TAR6, I'll be happy to watch it no matter when they decide to air it.

FORT Regular
    TAR 4's Chris (of Amanda and Chris) has indicated at another forum that folks should get their applications in. The information there was originally posted Friday by ATC Dave of TAR 4, so methinks they have something (but can't directly say) that they're basing their posts on.
    Further, if you open the .pdf file for the elgibility document from CBS.com, you'll see that it is titled "The Amazing Race 6."
    I would say everything seems totally legit, and y'all have until April 13th to get those apps in.
    >|p >|p

FORT Newbie
    I was just thinking while reading these messages:

Wouldn't it be just great if The Amazing Race put all of their episodes from every season on DVD. I am one of the few that has not missed a single episode, and would die to see the seasons over again.

Anyway, if you want to be sure of an Amazing Race 6, watch every episode and force every person you know to watch them. We have to get the crowds out in force watching season 5 to assure a season 6.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast