+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh the drama!

FORT Newbie

Oh the drama!

Yeah I know...it's 4:59am and I just finished watching episode 8...I got a 16 hour day ahead but I just gotta post this.

*Beware of serious gripes ahead*

First I never seen so many "partner swapping" since Melrose's Place. In other words your worse enemy suddenly becomes your best buddy for no apparent reason! Argh! If you want to participate in backstabbing alliances hop over to Thailand.

I love TAR purely for its clean (supposedly) racing. You win cause you're smart and fast. Not because you're a sneaky SOB. But lately because of this it's getting to be a turn off.

Twins:
    I admit I'm the minority who were actually rooting for the Twins. Nope, it's not because I'm a sucker for cute face(s). I guess I sort of felt sorry that all the teams started bashing them for no reason other than to make themselves feel better about themselves cause their self esteem is zilch. Yes, I'm talking about Team AA. I always root for the blundering underdog
    But after tonight...dude you're on your own. If you can't see how Flo is I'm afraid you're hopeless. In the previous episodes the Twins have shown they're gotten better increasingly better at racing. Ditch the stupid alliances pleaaaase and spare me the drama. Of course you'll be redeemed Drew if you were just screwing around with Flo's mind. (Reference to how they said they were going to use flirting as a tactic) Now that kind of drama I wouldn't mind

Flo/Zack
    Just watching this girl makes me want to scream in frustration. "Run Zack!!" / "Hurry Zack!!" / " Carry my bag Zack!!" / "I can't breathe Zack!!" Zack should just let her suffocate, at least that'll shut her up. Since that didn't happen someone needs to invent Flo-block.
    Poor Zack. But the good thing is a millions of girls are lining up for your phone number. Me included And another million are waiting to make Flo kiss the pavement if the ever see her on the street. Boot that poor excuse of a woman and be free. Free I say!

Ken and Gerald
    ...oh no...resist the power of the dark side! Don't become another Team AA. Dang, its evil is still lurking long after they've gone. Race fair and keep your good natured humor. Forget the pettiness...it'll lead you to do stupid things like walking in front of a speeding train.

JVJ
    *Sigh* the only team that still has good standing in my eyes. Oh man, I wanted to shout "you go girl" (but that'll wake my neighbors) when she literally stood her ground on the boat with all the other teams literally shooting her daggers. Girl got nerves of steel. Did you see her face on the boat? Didn't gloat, just stood her ground. And if she did get into a fight, I'm betting all my savings on her winning. Maybe that's why none of the teams even squeaked a protest at her for hogging the dock. Ha ha. They saved this episode.

Ian/Teri
    Really ain't worth mentioning. This could be Drew and Flo 20 years later. It's not too late Drew. One word. Whipped.

alexia
    lol

Phonenix, you're not in the minority when cheering for the Wonder Twins. They are my second favorite team, and there are a lot of other people here that like them.

I agree with everything you said. Especiall about Jill's nerves of steel. That girl kicks ass.
    Ian/Teri
    Really ain't worth mentioning. This could be Drew and Flo 20 years later. It's not too late Drew. One word. Whipped.

Great assesments there! Glad you stayed up late to post your thoughts.

I've liked the twins for a while, but it's almost through process of elimination... I wanted to have a few teams to like, so they kind of wound up in the like column because I had such few choices. I have never found them that attractive though

K&G have been walking a fine line. I totally can see them leaning to the dark side and I hope they keep their noses clean. They are my favorite team and I want them to stay that way.

JV and Jill They are either tied as favorites or a close second. Wasn't thrilled with them out and out lying to Teri and Ian, in all honesty I didn't see that as mean as D&D not sharing the map last week. They were laughing about it, which I didn't like, but did mention going to hell for it .... At least they knew it wasn't nice Jill continues to kick butt when need be, and be supportive as heck when need be. Ian could take lessons.

Flo and Zach.... Gosh Flo.... I thought the whining was bad last week..... This is not a good sign for them. If she can't carry her pack or climb over a fence without help from Zach they won't be able to win any of the foot races... did think it funny that she reffered to the air as THICK way up their in the mountains :rolleyes

Teri and Ian. Man.... I had a little hope for them last week....They are doing VERY well and their relationship obvioulsy works somehow, but my goodness I'd like to slap Ian. I couldn't believe he even yelled at her when she said something along the lines of "relax" when he was doing the roadblock. He yells at her constantly to catch up, run, go, go, GO... then sounds all nice and sweet when he gets to the mat "Let's step on together" He is not nice under pressure.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Phoenix...

FORT Newbie
    Actually I didn't mind JVJ lying to Ian and Teri. There's no distinct separation in what is considered "good sportsmanship" in this race.

But here's my take. Helping another team is really up to the team itself (being asked). I mean the race will really stupid if your enemy asked you each time and you had to tell them exactly where the clue was. Did you see how Teri tried to mooch off Oh Brother Team in the vault combination. That is so wrong!

However purposely sabatoging the other team is "wrong". That goes into the Hall of Sleaze. Example: Flo, Team Guido

Hee hee....Jill not moving the boat was not sabatoge. That was more like pure New York smartness Trust no one. Seriously my bags are glued to my hips and it has nothing to do with the fact I live in the bronx When I heard all the other teams repeat twenty times "it's okay to leave the bags here right??" It was one of those classic director's set up. I was already laughing my head off.

Off topic I thought the vault combination was a pretty cool challenge. Oh boy, the educational system is going down the drain (actually I should know, I've got a few I-can't-believe-this-is-today's-college-students-stories) ...adding all the clock's numbers isn't that hard! Maybe the pressure got to them. Anyway I thought it would have been easier if the players who got wrong with the number trees just guess. Say you counted 48 ...instead of running back out to count again just try 45,46,47,49,50,51 etc. It's likely you'll be missing no more than 10 +/- trees.

I'm really looking forward to the next week's episode. The previews was hilarious!!!!

Originally posted by phoenix
    Anyway I thought it would have been easier if the players who got wrong with the number trees just guess. Say you counted 48 ...instead of running back out to count again just try 45,46,47,49,50,51 etc. It's likely you'll be missing no more than 10 +/- trees.
    I was wondering the same thing myself. They knew that they had made a mistake counting the trees, so why didn't they just guess?

My only thought was that the guard standing watch there in the vault wouldn't let them. It really wouldn't have been fair to do that, so I think they actually made them go back out and count again.

As for the clock face counting, doesn't everyone know that it's just 13x6? I mean, you take 12+1, 11+2, 10+3, 9+4, 8+5, and 7+6 and add them all together, but since all of those numbers are 13.... Maybe it's just me, but I saw that immediately.

well. John I had no idea it was 13 X 6

everyone here thought it would have been easier to add backwards though... 12+11+10 instead of 1+2+3 etc...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I would have found it much easier to add it backwards too Cali.

I also agree about the tree thing Phoenix, if the team is certain that's the number they got wrong.
    I don't think there was a limit to how many times you could try the combination.

I don't really understand the alliance swapping myself.
    It was Flo, Zach, JV&J last week, now F,Z have paired up with the Wonder Twins.

The twins were in a much beter position teaming up with Ken and Gerard imo.
    They might have made a couple of dodgy roadblock decisions, but I think they're excellent racers.

They now seem dead set against starting up the allaince with the twins again and I can't say I blame them, they have no idea whether the twins will share any info with Flo and Zach too.
    There are too few teams to have a possible three person alliance going imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast