Closed Thread

Thread: Zap2it.com: Discovery, Keoghan Team to Fulfill Dreams

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar

Zap2it.com: Discovery, Keoghan Team to Fulfill Dreams

From Zap2it.com:

Discovery, Keoghan Team to Fulfill Dreams

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan had a near-death experience when he was 19.

Working for a TV adventure show in his native New Zealand, Keoghan became disoriented during a dive to explore a shipwreck and found himself lost among the vessel's corridors. He began breathing to fast for the regulator on his air tank, took in some water and eventually blacked out.

Next he knew, he was back on the surface being treated by his fellow crew members. He was okay, but he says the experience "changed me profoundly." He quickly began making a list of things he wanted to do before he died, and he's spent the rest of his life doing them.

Now, Keoghan and the Discovery Channel are turning that philosophy into a TV series called "No Opportunity Wasted" -- "NOW!" for short. The show will give people three days and $3,000 to live out a dream, whether it's watching the sun rise from the first place in the world to see daylight or auditioning for a Broadway show.

"In essence, it is about learning how to live while you still have the chance," Keoghan says. "... It is about swerving off the road you've been following for years, and onto a strange and bumpy path that just might (if you're lucky) get you lost. It is about becoming a bit of a bad-ass, in spite of your nice dependable self."

The show is accepting applications at www.discovery.com through Dec. 31. Production will begin early next year, with the show scheduled to premiere in late 2004.

I just posted this info in "Other Reality Shows" here....So I'll close this one to avoid duplication.

Closed Thread