+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: interviews scheduled?

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    so much for TAR in this thread. I think your little comment has changed the entire board.

K here is the deal. if we both get on TAR 6 we totally team up and help each other until the final leg. Then it is a free for all and thats when i kick your butt.

dont you just love planning a year in advance.
    LOL! Yeah I think so! Oh well! We'll keep it interesting until TAR5 starts!
    Sounds like a deal I can agree with! Let the best team win! Ha, Ha, Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    You are deducing yourself to death. just live your life and whatever happens happens.
    Well, yeah, I do deduce just a little sometimes. If you've read some of my posts elsewhere at the FORT you'd know I've been known to drone on and on at times. It's my nature. While I pretty much gave up on getting called around end of Oct, I just HAD to "run the numbers" and try to figure out just HOW late they could wait to make the first calls if they were going to stay on schedule. I just posted my "results" here to see if anyone agreed, disagreed, or even cared.

Zaius, do you have the same name over at TWP? I'm not a member there, but read some of their stuff sometimes. Saw another "Zaius" over there discussing interview stuff. Assuming it is you, sounds like you still hold out a teeny bit of hope for calls this week, no? Over there, there is some discussion about almost NOTHING has been leaked about calls this time, compared to in the past LOTS of stuff was leaked constantly. Are you familiar with "last time's" leaks?

I could understand once the 25-50 teams that eventually get called to LA for finalist interviews don't want to say even another single "peep" that may jeopardize their chances. But, that's the finalist interviews, we're still talking about the first round. And, from what I understand, the first round of interviews involves a few hundred teams. It just doesn't seem like it's possible for several hundred people to ALL keep quiet about it. There are too many ways for them to make "announcements" that would be 100% anonymous with no risk of being caught by WRP.

EITHER calls have not been made yet, OR those of you who did get called need to get on the ball and get a little more creative and start singing about it already!

Edited to fix a typo
    Last edited by CantGetEnufTAR; 11-10-2003 at 10:03 AM.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    Zaius, do you have the same name over at TWP? I'm not a member there, but read some of their stuff sometimes. Saw another "Zaius" over there discussing interview stuff. Assuming it is you, sounds like you still hold out a teeny bit of hope for calls this week, no? Over there, there is some discussion about almost NOTHING has been leaked about calls this time, compared to in the past LOTS of stuff was leaked constantly. Are you familiar with "last time's" leaks?

I could understand once the 25-50 teams that eventually get called to LA for finalist interviews don't want to say even another single "peep" that may jeopardize their chances. But, that's the finalist interviews, we're still talking about the first round. And, from what I understand, the first round of interviews involves a few hundred teams. It just doesn't seem like it's possible for several hundred people to ALL keep quiet about it. There are too many ways for them to make "announcements" that would be 100% anonymous with no risk of being caught by WRP.

EITHER calls have not been made yet, OR those of you who did get called need to get on the ball and get a little more creative and start singing about it already!
    No I am not familiar with last time's leaks, but it seems logical for me, for the same reasons you mentioned, that we'd hear something from the people that got an interview. Yeah that's me over at TWOP. Some TWOPers have proposed some sort of big brother scenario where posts are traced back to the name of the poster and I just don't believe it. There's plenty of ways to be anonymous about this. I am confident we will hear about interviewees in the near future. However I do understand that John has made it clear that it is this site's policy not to allow such posts on here, so if you did get a call, here's not the place to talk about it.

I still know my chances are slim-to-none, but I want to know when to officially give up.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Hypothetical Scenario---
    A Team applies, and does all the "filming" themselves. So, that means that NO ONE else knows about their application.
    Of course, the FedEx/UPS/USMail/etc workers that see/handle the package "know", but they "know" about 10,000+ and that cannot be avoided.

Then this Team gets a call from WRP and are told "keep it quiet" or whatever they are told. And this team still tells absolutely NO ONE.

Then a member of this Team goes to a public internet terminal somewhere. Signs up for a new hotmail acct so they have a valid email address with which to sign up other places. They then sign up at FORT, TWOP, wherever. Giving no identifying information whatsoever in their choice of screenname, bio info, etc. They simply post "on [date] we got a call to come to initial interview for TAR, cannot say more". Maybe they could even give the date of their said interview.

Now, first, I say they have not violated any confidentiality agreements by anonymously stating this to the public at large. As long as no one at the "public" place sees them posting (thus able to identify them), and they never say that they did this. It would simply let "us" know that WRP is progressing through the interview process. That is no secret. We know they will eventually interview/decide/film/etc. Simply knowing step 1 is underway is all we would learn.

And, it's not like I'd expect to know the exact phase of the process that WRP is in at all times. There really is only one thing that 10,000 of us want to know. And that is definitively that WRP has passed us by. Don't they realize they could avoid all of the annoying phone calls that they get and all of this message board chatter, if THEY would simply say "we're done, you ain't gettin' called". Perplexing.

My Teammate and I have not told a single sole that we applied. We wanted to show a few people our tape, but decided to wait until we absolutely know we aren't going to get the call. Of course I (and others) have posted here that we applied. But, that gives no one any info (except maybe John, if he really wanted to figure out who we each are). For all I know, Zaius, you could live next door to me. Don't think so, but don't know.

As far as IP-reverse-searches or whatever COULD be imployed by WRP to figure out posters. That seems a bit over the top. I think if someone goes to the trouble of anonymously posting, I don't think they are any more of a risk to later spill the beans about other stuff. I know that I would ABSOLUTELY not tell anyone other than our "required" TAR contact that we were Racing. But, I'd like to think I'd come up with a creative anonymous way to let everyone know that they could "give up" if they weren't called. Then again, maybe I wouldn't, I haven't been in those shoes.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

FORT Newbie

First round

I was just wondering if anyone knows if they have selected the first round of people for interviews. I want a solid source to. Like someone who has actually been selected.

I understand that John has made it clear that it is this site's policy not to allow such posts on here, so if you did get a call, here's not the place to talk about it.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I'm really THAT Dave
    My partner and I got a call for the first round interviews. Of course, that was for AR4, but...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    My partner and I got a call for the first round interviews. Of course, that was for AR4, but...

Dave
    Dave, there you go getting yourself disqualified again...

You'd better watch it, or WRP will have to yell at you one more time.

FORT Newbie
    They've picked the finalists, and alas, I didn't make the cut

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast