+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: interviews scheduled?

I say, if you get a call, Merry Christmas and congratulations. You're one of about 0.001%. If not, there's always (maybe) next year, and even if not, there's always the show to watch.

FORT Newbie
    Hmmmm John, I think your position shows some wisdom. Maybe more than is apparent at first blush?

-Piper

CantGetEnufTAR, your explanation for why WRP would only benefit from lying is good.

I am getting a feeling however, that there is a disturbance in the force. I think the calls have been made and the minute possibility that you (we) will ever be called becomes microscopic.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

FORT Newbie

Can't Be Accurate

I called as recently as Friday and they confirmed that calls had yet to go out. In fact, I have called several times to confirm this information. Don't lose hope yet you guys!

I called yesteerday at 5:36 EST and they said calls were not done yet...or wait no that was Oct. 31 at 2:49 PST and they said the calls were done....oops actually it was Oct. 31 at 12:01 CST and they said to quit calling. he he wah ha mwa ha ha. Wouldn't it be a hoot if they got people working for them to make false posts just to play with eveyone's minds?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    CantGetEnufTAR, your explanation for why WRP would only benefit from lying is good.

I am getting a feeling however, that there is a disturbance in the force. I think the calls have been made and the minute possibility that you (we) will ever be called becomes microscopic.
    Disturbances in the force I do not like! A call from WRP make my day would.

Don't know if that sounds more like Yoda talking or a Dr Seuss poem?

Noticed that it got awfully quiet around here for a few days. Thought maybe either everyone got called and had to shut up, or everyone gave up.

I notice here and elsewhere that it seems most posts about getting info from WRP comes from posters with 1 or 2 or a handful of posts. That doesn't necessarily make them any less reliable, just my observation. The ones that start with something like "rumor has it...", or "I've heard that..." don't really sway me one way or the other. But the ones that start with "I called..." give me pause. I'd like to believe that no one would purposely post false info, but know it is very real possibility.

I'd like to believe that there is still a slight glimmer of hope.

One thing I've wondered about is the wording in the application...
    "The dates and times of the semi-finalist interviews will be set by the Producers in late October or early November of 2003."
    Does that mean--
    (a) in late Oct/early Nov they will set the times for interviews, which would actually take place sometime in Nov
    OR
    (b) they will set the times for the interviews that will take place in late Oct/early Nov

Let's play "what if" for a minute...

Assume they don't change any of the dates that are in the application. So the Race will be "starting in January 2004". (TAR4 started about Jan 20th). Let's say worst case it's Jan 30 for TAR5.

Now, let's work backwards.

From what I've heard before, they decide on the actual Racers about a month before the start date. So, that would be about Dec 30. Because of New Year and Christmas, let's say they decide by Friday, December 19.

The (about 10-day-long) finalists interviews end a few weeks before they make their final Racer decisions. So, the finalists interviews could take place from about Dec 1 - Dec 10 in LA.

The regional interviews end a few weeks before the finalist interviews start, so, regional interviews would need to be completed by about Nov 20. Let's say they take place from Fri, Nov 14 through Sun, Nov 23.

They give you a few weeks notice to get to the regional interview. Let's say 10 days. They would need to notify the regional interviewees sometime by Tue, Nov 4 through Thur, Nov 13.

This is all highly speculative. But, I'd say if you applied you could still have a slim chance.

All hope is not quite lost yet. Almost though. Wed, Nov 5 is 4 weeks past the original due date. That is the date that I originally told myself was the "give up date". But I think I'll hold out 1% hope until Fri, Nov 14, and then throw in the towel.

Actually, until I see teams announced for TAR5 without mine, I'll hope a little bit for the last-minute emergency replacement call
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Captain of the World
    You are deducing yourself to death. just live your life and whatever happens happens.

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    You are deducing yourself to death. just live your life and whatever happens happens.

No kidding...I mean I would've given my teammate's left nut to be on TAR5, but like you said Life goes on! I have started brainstorming ideas for TAR6 (that is if they decide to continue with a 6th season!) All we can do is try!

Captain of the World
    You are so kind to offer his nut. I'm sure males everywhere are cringing at the thought of having someone offer their nut.

You seem pretty cool marinewife, I honestley would have loved to have seen you on TAR.

ohh well their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    You are so kind to offer his nut. I'm sure males everywhere are cringing at the thought of having someone offer their nut.

You seem pretty cool marinewife, I honestley would have loved to have seen you on TAR.

ohh well their loss.

LOL! Well I only offered 1...he wouldn't function properly with both missing! Yeah they probably are cringing!

Thank you! I really appreciate that! I am looking forward to the possibility of next season (and the offer will stand firm for TAR6 as well!)

Ang

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast