+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Applying for The Amazing Race 5

Well, it makes me feel better--at least they're reviewing them and not just casting!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

FORT Newbie

information

Quote Originally Posted by Sgrmac

Thought you'd want to know. I just spoke with the casting department for AR5 and they said they are so far behind with reviewing applications/tapes that they don't expect they will be able to contact anyone to move onto the next phase until the latter part of the first week in November or the second week in November. Hope this helps and puts any fears to rest. Also, they said the teams who will move on to this next phase will be contacted via phone.

So..... how did you find this information out? Did you call? and who did you call.... not that I don't believe you, it's just that I would really want what you said to be true.... please explain further...

thanks!!!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by chigga
    So..... how did you find this information out? Did you call? and who did you call.... not that I don't believe you, it's just that I would really want what you said to be true.... please explain further...
    As was noted in the posters subject line, originally it was posted on another board.
    http://community.realitytvworld.com/...D20/1430.shtml (kinda new, sorry if posting another board is a no no. I'll edit if asked.)

But I am curious if John or any of the previous racers have any "ins" so that they could post confirmation once calls for semi's have gone out? I know nobody likes to be the bearer of bad news, but couldn't they just pretend they are philiminating? the voice, the eyebrow.... ahhhh.

Thank you for the information......I'll tell my friend. Maybe we still have a chance.

I'm really THAT Dave
    No one that I know of has an "in", although I'd imagine I or any of the previous racers could make a call and find out. However, knowing how busy the casting folks are at this time, I also know that I would never do something like that - sorry!

Dave

FORT Newbie

bother?

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    No one that I know of has an "in", although I'd imagine I or any of the previous racers could make a call and find out. However, knowing how busy the casting folks are at this time, I also know that I would never do something like that - sorry!

Dave
    well dave,

I know it would be an extreme bother, but don't you think they would rather people know to stop wondering? I mean the suspense is killer.... let us either know to perhaps look forward to somthing, or... let us know that all the calls have gone out... i think making an call... in cognito.... isn't really a bad idea... i'm just wondering and would like to hear from the fellow/feline that actually did call.... just to verify the info... that way I won't have to be the next one to bother the casting department... or at least their receptionist....

nighty night!

Someone here has already kindly passed on "call" information. Whether you choose to take stock in it or not is up to you. But either wait it out like the other 10,000 people who applied, or take that information and relax with it. Up to you, but I think it's extremely rude to want FURTHER confirmation, to the point where you're asking previous contestants to call to verify the information already given.

If it bothers you so much, make some phone calls yourself.

Wow!

O-k, I think everyone is taking things a little too seriously! Has anyone noticed how many people on this board alone are on pins and needles to get selected? I guess my hubby and I looked at the process as fun, not life or death! I think if you relax and forget about it you will be all the more exicted (and much less heartbroken if not selected) if and when you are selected! Smile and take it all w/ a grain of salt. (Wow, I sound like a cheerleader or a mom eech!)

Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Someone here has already kindly passed on "call" information. Whether you choose to take stock in it or not is up to you. But either wait it out like the other 10,000 people who applied, or take that information and relax with it. Up to you, but I think it's extremely rude to want FURTHER confirmation, to the point where you're asking previous contestants to call to verify the information already given.

If it bothers you so much, make some phone calls yourself.
    What he said!

I agree, John and Kati. I would think it much better just to be excited about it, not getting ulcers worrying about it! Remember, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast